• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Defense, the Offense, and the Crabtree....

These ain't the same Ravens, my ass.
Sadly that might be the case. It's only five games in but this game is going to come back to haunt us because we should've won. It's sad but the truth is I don't think you can say this team has truly changed until they learn how to win these type of games.

I wish this team would finish and not be such a massive let down sometimes.

ALI624

Pro Bowler
This definitely reminded me of the Bears game last year(as someone else mentioned). Just a horrific showing, no passion and no desire. Think this may be a sign of things to come.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Well it was fun thinking we were good for a week. Back to being afraid of losing every game we play.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
This definitely reminded me of the Bears game last year(as someone else mentioned). Just a horrific showing, no passion and no desire. Think this may be a sign of things to come.
This was way worse

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Our offense didn’t play this game like they wanted it and the Browns made some clutch plays when they needed too

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Im not one to complain about Lamar plays but fucking running on 1st and 16 with Lamar fucking pissed me off. Throw the fucking ball fuck you marty you fuck

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
Okay so what’s with the overreaction here? Yeah the Browns beat us but people have been saying they’re improved for I don’t know how long and said if they ever get a competent QB it’ll change. Most of us even said Mayfield would be the guy to change it. I don’t know why people are now acting like we lost to the 0-16 Browns. They’re a good team now in that they are competitive. They always played us tough too, so this isn’t something new. Next week we go to Tennessee and have to take care of business there. If we can escape halfway through the season 5-3 and be 2-2 in the division I’ll say we are set up for much success. Anything less will be hard yes

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Okay so what’s with the overreaction here? Yeah the Browns beat us but people have been saying they’re improved for I don’t know how long and said if they ever get a competent QB it’ll change. Most of us even said Mayfield would be the guy to change it. I don’t know why people are now acting like we lost to the 0-16 Browns. They’re a good team now in that they are competitive. They always played us tough too, so this isn’t something new. Next week we go to Tennessee and have to take care of business there. If we can escape halfway through the season 5-3 and be 2-2 in the division I’ll say we are set up for much success. Anything less will be hard yes
because ravens fans whine and complain just as much as Steelers fan. .Even after some victories some fans want everyone fired.

I have the same viewpoint and a life to live so.... That's all I am going to say about that

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Because we scored NINE FREAKING POINTS AND OUR OFFENSE SUCKED IM GONNA BE FREAKING PISSED

Tank

Hall of Famer
Crabtree and that block-in-the-back by Moore, you disgusted me!
That was a weak ass call on Moore. I’m not sure he touched the guy but he was moving away from the play anyway and was in no way involved. While the head official seemed to have his shit together the rest of the crew was terrible. They had little to know idea what they were doing.

ThatsMyJoeTerback

Ravens Ring of Honor
No doubt theres overreaction but this game was an absolute must win especially since Tennessee isn't gonna be any easier.

Good thing we can get rid of Crab after this season.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Theres no fucking overreaction. I don't see anyone saying our season is over. But we played like a fucking 3-13 team today and im allowed to be pissed that we couldn't score more than 9 fucking points. If we lost 28-31 I would hardly be upset. But we played like the fucking Bills today and that shit pisses me off

Tank

Hall of Famer
Crabtree is clearly at the end of his career .

Did anyone really get open because I didn’t see it .
Browns played tough D, but the dead weight on the field made their job a lot easier. Not sure why there wasn’t a plan to work the TE’s more.

I would say there's a bit of overreaction here but let's be honestl. Tennessee is not going to be easy so if you drop this game and the next you're look at 3-3 with a home game against the Saints. 3-4 and you're in a bad spot. Is there an overreaction? Yes, but can you afford to lose next game? Absolutely not.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Lol you think we can beat Tennessee?

Their defense is more than average, so we’ll score 1 TD if we’re lucky, waste 12 first downs by running for negative yards, and if we get good field position a few times maybe a fg or 2.

If THIS is who the ravens are we’re gonna go .500 again.

I think very very strongly that if we just fucking sat crabtree and used Snead, Brown, Moore, and targeted the TEs very often we would’ve won this game handily. The gameplan made no fucking sense to me

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
because ravens fans whine and complain just as much as Steelers fan. .Even after some victories some fans want everyone fired.

I have the same viewpoint and a life to live so.... That's all I am going to say about that
I think we played bad but then think about the Browns being improved and think it’s more an indication of how good they’ve become than how bad we are. I think things are being taken a bit too emotional. I have serious problems with the Ravens offense mind you but I can’t take away anything the Browns did. They played well but maybe they’re why we played bad. Simple as that really, and when it comes to our offense I’d like to know why we didn’t involve the TE more. I’m thinking we used them more to block Garrett because I saw him getting doubled on a lot of plays so that’s my guess. Flacco really relied on Brown getting down field but that didn’t happen. Ward really shut him down

Because we scored NINE FREAKING POINTS AND OUR OFFENSE SUCKED IM GONNA BE FREAKING PISSED
They have a nice NT, great pass rusher, a solid secondary of multiple 1st round picks, a high end WR, a very talented QB, some very good interior guards (Bitonio and Zeitler...two of the best), and we still played them tight. On offense we didn’t do well but Gregg Williams has those types of defenses. I’m not at all surprised by the outcome because I expected an ugly game. Patriots lost some games and are back in it again. Different pedigree but let’s just relax. We just went 3-1 and lost one game in the second quarter. Again, lots of games and divisional games left to play.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Why do you say it's overreaction if people are pissed after losing a game in which opponent scores 9 points and our offense, despite having very good field position to start with for most of the game, can't score more than 9?

It's not like the Browns have beaten us by scoring 2-3 TDs and we couldn't match that. This was atrocious.