• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Week 6 Discussion (Other Teams)

Who Wins Between Steelers & Bengals?

• Steelers

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Bengals

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • TIE

Votes: 3 25.0%

• Total voters

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Eagles @ Giants: The NFC Least takes center stage Thursday Night as the 2-3 Eagles visit the 1-4 Giants. The Eagles have not got the expected boost from Carson Wentz, their defense is struggling to get to the QB as they only have 12 sacks through the first part of the season. Eagles are winless on the road so far, can the Giants take advantage of this short week where Thursdays typically favor the home team?

Buccaneers @ Falcons: The Falcons sit at 1-4 and are nowhere near where most pundits projected them to be at. The Bucs meanwhile are coming off a bye looking to eat into a banged up Falcons secondary that has been taken advantage of. The Bucs are coming off a bye hopefully looking to turn things around while they can and continue destroying the Falcons through the air.

Steelers @ Bengals: The 4-1 Bengals play host to the 2-2-1 Steelers where a win over the Steelers may just put them in the CONTENDER section of the NFL. The Bengals were able to take advantage of the Falcons secondary, the Steelers did the same and look for the Bengals to gash the Steelers in the air much like the Ravens did.

Chargers @ Browns: You know Cleveland, you ruined a good story heading into this game. If they didn't win any games prior, the Bud Light would still be locked up and they would be welcoming to town the team they last won against in 2016. The Browns are improving and the Chargers remain the team that will always disappoint you in preseason picks. The Browns lead the league in takeaways this season and look to take the ball away more from Philip Rivers and company on Sunday.

Seahawks @ Raiders: To the UK we go as the Seahawks and Raiders travel to London to begin the NFL's international series. The Seahawks loss to divisional rival LA Rams last week and the Raiders are furthering their disease known as Grudenitis. But the story here folks is Marshawn Lynch playing against his former team, and well apparently running Marshawn Lynch at the one yard line is not Gruden's cup of tea as we have found out in the last few games. Will this game come down to Lynch running it in from the one and will we see Lynch not be used AGAIN?

Bears @ Dolphins: If Laremy Tunsil can not get cleared to go after leaving the game against Cincinnati for a concussion, Khalil Mack is going to eat some more Sacks on Sunday. The Dolphins O-Line struggled after Tunsil left and that is not good news for Ryan Tannehill. Mitch Trubisky is coming off the bye with his best game of his career and a 6 TD performance against the awful Bucs defense. The Bears look to remain atop the NFC North and keep their momentum going early in the season.

Cardinals @ Vikings: Coming off a win against the Eagles, the Vikings look to get their season back on track looking up to the Bears in the division race. Arizona finds themselves 1-4 and potentially in the midst of a rebuild project and hopefully for Cardinals fans it won't be a very long process.

Colts @ Jets: The Jets came to life offensively once again against the Broncos and look to do the same against a terrible Colts defense. It's clear the Colts have a long way to go and Andrew Luck being officially wasted away as they are nowhere near the team that once had a promising future.

Panthers @ Redskins: The Redskins are coming off a Monday Night loss to the Saints and continue their NFC South tour against the Carolina Panthers who they haven't beat since 2006. The Redskins are leading a bad division at 2-2 and look to hold on for a win against Carolina and to stay atop the NFC Least.

Bills @ Texans: Deshaun Watson is questionable to play with a chest injury meaning they may turn to Brandon Weeden who hasn't played in a game since 2015. Weeden would then be behind a o-line that has given up 18 sacks this season. Though the Bills o-line has given up a league high 22 sacks and now they have to hold off one half of the league leaders in sacks, JJ Watt. The other half, his brother TJ Watt. This game is all about whose offensive line can hold up better for 60 minutes.

Rams @ Broncos: Brace yourself.... WINTER IS COMING! No really, snow is in the forecast in Denver. So far no team has been able to slow down the Rams offense which means Denver is over matched offensively and need their defense to find it's 2015 form along with snowy weather to have a chance at winning.

Jaguars @ Cowboys: The Jaguars head into Dallas banged up and star cornerback Jalen Ramsey listed as questionable for Sunday. The Cowboys o-line is far from the 2016 line that was the league's best, which is bad news against a Jaguars team who has 11 sacks through five games. Can the Cowboys remain undefeated at home or will the Jags walk away with the win, a win needed to keep up with the Titans.

Chiefs @ Patriots: The undefeated Chiefs come into New England at 5-0, for the second consecutive season. They look to avoid what happened last season where they found themselves at 6-6 after a 5-0 start. Patrick Mahomes is lighting it up, and the Pats defense has a tall order in front of them to put a stop to it. If one coach can, it's Bill Belichick.

49ers @ Packers: This game was all about Jimmy G vs Aaron Rodgers, then Jimmy G tore his ACL and now that matchup is gone. The Packers may head into Monday Night without their starting RT Bryan Bulaga and backup RT Jason Spriggs. Rodgers has admitted to having a set back with his knee injury, so how will that play into the game come Monday?

Last edited:

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Thing is Im not sure who to vote for in the Bengals/Steelers game. To possibly gain a game on the Bengals or beat the Steelers with the Shovel of Death.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Thing is Im not sure who to vote for in the Bengals/Steelers game. To possibly gain a game on the Bengals or beat the Steelers with the Shovel of Death.

Schedule Comparison for both through Week 12:

Bengals Schedule: Steelers, @ Chiefs, Bucs, BYE, Saints, Ravens(coming off a BYE), Browns(coming off a BYE)
Steelers Schedule: @ Bengals, BYE, vs Browns, @ Ravens, vs Panthers(TNF), Jaguars, Broncos

Compared to ours: @ Titans, vs Saints, @ Panthers, vs Steelers, BYE, vs Bengals, vs Raiders

Last edited:

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
Schedule Comparison for both through Week 12:

Bengals Schedule: Steelers, @ Chiefs, Bucs, BYE, Saints, Ravens(coming off a BYE), Browns(coming off a BYE)
Steelers Schedule: @ Bengals, BYE, vs Browns, @ Ravens, vs Panthers(TNF), Jaguars, Broncos

Compared to ours: @ Titans, vs Saints, @ Panthers, vs Ravens, BYE, vs Bengals, vs Raiders
Not looking forward to that Ravens match up, tbh.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
I hate how that’s not pass interference...Jones is trailing and blatantly steps on Shepherds heels. If I was a db I’d just do that every time

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Oh dear god someone get Jason Peters out of there before Olivier Vernon ends his life

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
If the Bengals lose its going to go downhill fast for them. They probably lose 3/4 and I can see the Bucs beating them

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
new drinking game - take a shot every time the Giants home crowd boos Eli lol. So terrible

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
I know Saquon is talented but man they should have took Darnold or Rosen.

I hate 1st round RBs but nope. You can't put a rookie behind this OLine, he will never develop. They picked up a HoF level talent and xan rebuild OLine in next years draft THEN get the QB

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
I hate 1st round RBs but nope. You can't put a rookie behind this OLine, he will never develop. They picked up a HoF level talent and xan rebuild OLine in next years draft THEN get the QB
Rosen’s doin just fine

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
Rosen’s doin just fine

That has nothing to do with development, that is what he is right now. The question is, if he starts taking a bunch of sacks due to a bad OLine will it mess up his timing and rhythm? Will he start rushing throws and making bad decisions? What he is right now has nothing to do with development because he hasnt been beat up by the bad OLine quite long enough for it to have an impact upon him.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
That has nothing to do with development, that is what he is right now. The question is, if he starts taking a bunch of sacks due to a bad OLine will it mess up his timing and rhythm? Will he start rushing throws and making bad decisions? What he is right now has nothing to do with development because he hasnt been beat up by the bad OLine quite long enough for it to have an impact upon him.
Eli was 3-15 yesterday on throws when having 2.5+ seconds to throw. That’s the worst out of any QB in a single game this season. That’s a 20% completion ratio.

Yeah but it’s all because of the offensive line. Blake Bortles is better than Eli at this point. They’ll be taking a QB in Rd1 next year.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
Eli was 3-15 yesterday on throws when having 2.5+ seconds to throw. That’s the worst out of any QB in a single game this season. That’s a 20% completion ratio.

Yeah but it’s all because of the offensive line. Blake Bortles is better than Eli at this point. They’ll be taking a QB in Rd1 next year.

Good job you argued against a point I wasn't making. You know its possible for multiple positions to be awful right. Eli can be bad AND the OLine can be awful. They are not mutually exclusive.

Now, if they pick a QB, he might look a little bit better initially, but he will likely fail to develop into anything more and might even regress because of how bad the OLine is.

Also, rhe only RB who I have seen do it with an OLine this bad is AP so they nailed that pick. I also would not have chastised them if they also went Nelson at 2.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Good job you argued against a point I wasn't making. You know its possible for multiple positions to be awful right. Eli can be bad AND the OLine can be awful. They are not mutually exclusive.

Now, if they pick a QB, he might look a little bit better initially, but he will likely fail to develop into anything more and might even regress because of how bad the OLine is.

Also, rhe only RB who I have seen do it with an OLine this bad is AP so they nailed that pick. I also would not have chastised them if they also went Nelson at 2.
Maybe I wasn’t arguing with you, asshole.

I’m just pointing out that they’d be much better off with a different QB. Not everything has to be a fucking argument. But I guess with you it does.