• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Good, the Bad, and the Titans

arnie_uk

Veteran
The ugly. Thinking back to the last 4 years and remembering how many offenses dominated our defense on 3rd down and the middle of the field. What could have been eh?

Got into so many arguments on the old board about pees led defenses, many of those posters are still here.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
The ugly. Thinking back to the last 4 years and remembering how many offenses dominated our defense on 3rd down and the middle of the field. What could have been eh?

Got into so many arguments on the old board about pees led defenses, many of those posters are still here.
Pees was terrible .

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor

Good to see him gone. We needed a change.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
I’m so happy we got this win. I said after that last game against the Browns that we needed and should win this game and we did. We just went 2-1 on this 3 games on the road in a row series. That’s pretty huge and I don’t think it should be forgotten. Glad someone else pointed it out because that’s big. We’re now 4-2 and could easily beat NO at home because their defense hasn’t been good despite having an awesome offense. Still I think we match up well against them and can take them and be 5-2 going away to CAR. That’ll be a real test

arnie_uk

Veteran
Ravens coach John Harbaugh on 11 sacks and a shutout against former defensive coordinator Dean Pees: “I think our guys wanted to show their best to a guy they respected so much.”

Piss of harbs, they wanted to show it was him holding them back.

#techniqueissue

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Ravens coach John Harbaugh on 11 sacks and a shutout against former defensive coordinator Dean Pees: “I think our guys wanted to show their best to a guy they respected so much.”

Piss of harbs, they wanted to show it was him holding them back.

#techniqueissue
He's just giving the politically correct answer. Nothing to see here IMO.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I will say this though - we only scored on 3 possessions despite really good field position a few times so while this offence im glad was driving and finishing drives which it hadnt done for nearly 8 quarters of football there's still a lot of room for improvement:
- Collins needs to get some confidence back to make sure he starts hitting the hole when its there - his best runs today came when he hit the right hole rather than trying to beat the defenders to the outside edge
- Flacco missed a couple of throws but was mostly pretty good - he needs to trust his mechanics even when he's pressured - a couple of times today he threw off his backfoot when he didnt need to - on the other hand his internal clock for his time in the pocket was absolutely perfect all day - a couple of times you could see him get rid of the ball before getting hit without even seeing the defender (that tells you he's reading the defence so much better than he was last year)
- It's nice that we are trying to get Hayden Hurst involved but there's no need to force the ball into his hands if it's not there
- We're still not using the tight ends enough in the passing game - the last 3 games the weakness of the opposing defence has clearly been the linebackers in coverage but out of those 3 teams we only really made the Steelers pay for it

redrum52

Hall of Famer
I just realized that the greatest accomplishment wasn't the 11 sacks, but the fact they weren't flagged on any of them in todays game.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I think Za'Darius deserves serious consideration for sticking around. I don't think we can just let him bolt easily. We'll see what happens later on down the line but he's been a monster this year.
He’s gonna get paid and if there’s ever been a ravens defender who might fall off after his contract, it’s him. I’ll pass, even if he puts up double digits

i don’t understand how a fair number of people defended pees for years

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

Wonder what ravensdfan would say about this D. You may know, because both of you are contributors on RSR, aren’t you.

He’s gonna get paid and if there’s ever been a ravens defender who might fall off after his contract, it’s him. I’ll pass, even if he puts up double digits
Yeah, I don't think that means he will fall off here though. He's definitely going to get paid though and I expect that it will be out of our price range.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
11 sacks blew my fking mind, but i knew we would beat them. Terrible run game and no way was corey davis and taylor gonna beat us.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Yeah, I don't think that means he will fall off here though. He's definitely going to get paid though and I expect that it will be out of our price range.
Not that I think he’ll fall off, I just think the risk is too high to pay him what he’s gonna get. I’ll gladly take that comp3 and see what a Zach sieler and wormley give us for interior pressure and let Tim take the reins.

Although with judon and bowser looking more disappointing each week, I really worry about who’s gonna fill the other OLb spot across from tim

Not that I think he’ll fall off, I just think the risk is too high to pay him what he’s gonna get. I’ll gladly take that comp3 and see what a Zach sieler and wormley give us for interior pressure and let Tim take the reins.

Although with judon and bowser looking more disappointing each week, I really worry about who’s gonna fill the other OLb spot across from tim
That's kind of what I fear. Judon and Bowser have looked like utter disappointments but FWIW, Judon is in contract year next year so maybe he steps it up. I didn't see Za'darius turning into this type of a player for us at all this season. He's easily on pace for double digit sacks.