• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Good, the Bad, and the Titans

purp

Practice Squad
lots of the good seems obvious so ill tip my cap to some less obvious contributors who i think showed some things and maybe deserved more snaps:

1. Gus Edwards - i didnt think in the preseason he showed much that would translate vs 1st teamers but his running style is exactly what we're missing with kenneth dixon on i/r and he ran really well on his carries - id like to see him get more carries i think
  2. bradley bozeman - im not sure whose fault it was on the near sack of flacco by byard (didnt see the LoS on that snap or who allowed the unblocked blitzer) but he looked good in the running game which is promising
  3. tim williams (on this forum at least he's well known but not sure he's got the recognition yet elsewhere - he terrorised 2 of the best tackles in football at times today and showed some serious wheels to force mariota out of the pocket a couple of times
  4. chuck clark - around the ball and its clear we trust him all over the field on this defence (at LB, at safety, at nickel, at dime)

To the Bozeman point it was Buck’s fault. He wasn’t patient enough on the delayed blitz and crashed down to help Bozeman instead of staying in the gap and picking up Byard. Flacco could’ve helped him out with a hot read though.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
I swear if Orlando Jr isn’t starting next week I’m going to go crazy.

Also I knew John Brown was small but oh my goodness he looks like a toddler on the field. Seriously looks so funny in those big pads.

Crabtree is freaking awesome and I’ve never doubted him. Screw all of you

Wtf happened to Lewis? They wouldn’t show the replay at the stadium. Did it happen during the play or during the scuffle afterward?

Gus looks just like he did in the preseason. Not amazing but really solid. Very surprised he was in the game that much, they trust him a lot more than Turner. Buck just lost a lot of his carries.

We really need to put more points on the board. But our defense is the best in the league don’t @ me. Especially after the Jaguars got smoked by a shit offense. Dak Prescott of all people.

Jimmy didn’t look very sharp today hopefully he gets into game shape soon.

All those sacks, holy shit. It got so bad after about 5, the Titans fans started cheering for more sacks lmaooo. They legit wanted the Titans to get the ball back so the Ravens could break the record it was awesome. It turned into a Ravens home game in the 2nd half.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Wtf happened to Lewis? They wouldn’t show the replay at the stadium. Did it happen during the play or during the scuffle afterward?

he pulled and blocked and it looked like nothing much but maybe his neck went a little weird position or something during the block and he instantly knew and he lay himself down on the floor

my assumption is that after the collision he briefly lost feeling in his legs or something (especially with how post-game everyone has talked about how he has feeling and movement in all his extremities)

Tank

Hall of Famer
I swear if Orlando Jr isn’t starting next week I’m going to go crazy.

Also I knew John Brown was small but oh my goodness he looks like a toddler on the field. Seriously looks so funny in those big pads.

Crabtree is freaking awesome and I’ve never doubted him. Screw all of you

Gus looks just like he did in the preseason. Not amazing but really solid. Very surprised he was in the game that much, they trust him a lot more than Turner. Buck just lost a lot of his carries.

We really need to put more points on the board. But our defense is the best in the league don’t @ me. Especially after the Jaguars got smoked by a shit offense. Dak Prescott of all people.

Jimmy didn’t look very sharp today hopefully he gets into game shape soon.

All those sacks, holy shit. It got so bad after about 5, the Titans fans started cheering for more sacks lmaooo. They legit wanted the Titans to get the ball back so the Ravens could break the record it was awesome. It turned into a Ravens home game in the 2nd half.
I told you Crab would have a great game! lol. He was focused and played with a purpose.

Gus did look good, hit holes quickly and ran north/south.

Jimmy looked rusty and uncomfortable, hopefully shakes it off as we’ll need him big time next week.

Like the Bills game this game felt pretty much over in the first two quarters.

ZDS is going to get us like a 4th round comp pick.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Also pre-game Snead threw a ball to a fan sitting 2 rows below me i was so pissed. Then Weddle threw his gloves literally so close to me. I should’ve come away with something lol

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
That's kind of what I fear. Judon and Bowser have looked like utter disappointments but FWIW, Judon is in contract year next year so maybe he steps it up. I didn't see Za'darius turning into this type of a player for us at all this season. He's easily on pace for double digit sacks.
None of us did

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
I was watching him fairly closely and he got beat a few times. Pretty un-Jimmy like

I didn't see much mostly because the camera never seemed to leave the backfield after the 1st quarter but I didn't think he gave up a single completion