• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: Vs. Saints

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
1st.....Nothing other than what I actually stated in my post was implicated!

2nd....I never said anything about a long OC-QB relationship being the bases for freedom given to a Quarterback. You said that! Lol!

3rd....I only mentioned one Quarterback specifically in my post....Drew Brees! I said that he had the "liberty" to pick his favorite formations and plays to scheme against upcoming opponents defenses.

To me, Brees being able to have that type of liberty is awesome! That is a very unique thing that he and Sean has going on and it was great to see when I saw that piece @allblackraven.
Go Ravens!!!!!

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Thomas isn’t a freak athlete, which is why I stated that I’m not worried about Carr vs Thomas, and I am worried about Tavon vs Thomas because Tavon struggles with size.

I did say Carr holds up better vs Thomas, I think you misread that
gothcha it makes sense

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Mike Triplett ESPN Staff Writer
The Saints will be thin at guard against the NFL's No. 1-ranked defense on Sunday in Baltimore. Starting LG Andrus Peat has been ruled out with a concussion. Pro Bowl RG Larry Warford is questionable with a back injury. And backup G/T Jermon Bushrod is questionable after missing two days of practice for non-injury reasons. Warford practiced on a limited basis Friday after missing Thursday's practice. The Saints have an experienced backup at left guard in veteran Josh LeRibeus, who started two games in place of Peat earlier this year. However, they may have to go with inexperienced second-year pro Cameron Tom or recently re-signed veteran Michael Ola if Warford and Bushrod aren't available. ... Saints DT Taylor Stallworth (ankle) has also been ruled out.

Juju had 3 straight 100 yard games because people put their focus into stopping AB. This is not an indictment on Juju he is certainly a high level number 2 WR but his numbers are inflated by AB even when AB is not catching it.
I'm pretty sure they're not sleeping on JuJu either. I understand the type of impact a guy like AB has, but defenses are not going to sleep on someone who had 900 yard season in just his rookie year and is currently top 5 in receiving yards. JuJu was absolutely in our gameplan and a huge part of it.

Even if you want to argue that his numbers are heavily inflated by Brown, then why hasn't any of the Steelers past WRs seen the success that JuJu has? Wheaton? Bryant? Coates? They consistently faced single coverage often and still didn't make the type of impact that JuJu has made. I think having AB helps on the otherside but it's not primarily responsible for his #s being the way they are.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I'm pretty sure they're not sleeping on JuJu either. I understand the type of impact a guy like AB has, but defenses are not going to sleep on someone who had 900 yard season in just his rookie year and is currently top 5 in receiving yards. JuJu was absolutely in our gameplan and a huge part of it.

Even if you want to argue that his numbers are heavily inflated by Brown, then why hasn't any of the Steelers past WRs seen the success that JuJu has? Wheaton? Bryant? Coates? They consistently faced single coverage often and still didn't make the type of impact that JuJu has made. I think having AB helps on the otherside but it's not primarily responsible for his #s being the way they are.
Let's be honest here - Wheaton and especially Coates plain suck. Bryant is good but he is a fool.

Tank

Hall of Famer
And THAT'S the issue right there!

That information can't be so easily overlooked or dismissed. I once saw a piece on Sean and Drew's relationship and Sean "asked" Drew which plays did "He like" to scheme for their upcoming opponents and their tendencies. He gave Drew free reign to pick the formations and plays that would work against their opponents. That QB has incredible liberty!

Drew's release is a lot quicker than Mariota and he has more offensive weapons than the Titans. Last week was an anomaly for our defense! Great....but an anomaly! If the Ravens offense and Joe Flacco aren't able to move the chains effectively to keep Drew on the sidelines and then to finish off their drives with TD's to put up enough points to avoid trying to be in a shootout with Drew and his offense and, if the defense isn't able to sack Drew or get into his face enough to disrupt him then I expect it to be a loooooooooong day for the Ravens! Here's to hoping that I am extremely wrong!

GO RAVENS!!!
Yeah that’s one of the products that comes from a long and successful OC/QB relationship. They trust each other to put the team in situations to succeed and fully believe in each other’s skills to do so. Them having the extra week to game plan only makes the Ravens job that much more difficult.

Last edited:

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Yeah that’s one of the products that comes from a long and successful OC/QB relationship. They trust each other to put the team in situations to succeed and fully believe in each other’s skills to do so. Them having the extra week to game plan only makes the Ravens job that much more difficult.
On point!

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
There is a HUGE caveat in there anx that is for instance that there is a reason Carr had that huge breakup on JuJu and not on say Brown and that is because Humphrey was busy covering the Steelers (and the NFLs) number 1 WR because the last time Carr did it he was a revolving door in a way that would make Rashaan Melvin go "dude you are getting destroyed out there"

You can't be the better CB if you aren't the one they are asking to cover the top player.
Carr was mostly shadowing the teams best receiver up until the Steeler game where we had Humphrey on Brown.

Let's be honest here - Wheaton and especially Coates plain suck. Bryant is good but he is a fool.
Maybe Coates, but Wheatons career was sort of derailed by injuries which I will admit, but when he was healthy he was solid but nothing close to JuJu. Bryant was good but even when he was on the field he still was no JuJu, not even close.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor

Shhhh! I know this and you know this but errr umm! Lol!

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
What the Hell is going on at our practices? Humphrey and now James Hurst both questionable?