• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: Vs. Saints

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
I'd like the former to happen, but the latter is more likely to happen. However, I'm just guessing.
At least Hurst has shown that he can play guard, so maybe he'll get the chance to play there again. Idk

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
Great question and I kind of agree here. I would like to see Brown at RT but I think we want to keep Hurst there for whatever reason so I’m guessing we’ll see Bozeman. I’m also guessing someone gets called up from the practice squad since I am guessing Lewis is done for the year regardless. Poor guy can’t stay healthy.
Maybe Nico gets a shot?

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Great question and I kind of agree here. I would like to see Brown at RT but I think we want to keep Hurst there for whatever reason so I’m guessing we’ll see Bozeman. I’m also guessing someone gets called up from the practice squad since I am guessing Lewis is done for the year regardless. Poor guy can’t stay healthy.

At least Hurst has shown that he can play guard, so maybe he'll get the chance to play there again. Idk
To me, it comes down to who were the coaches more impressed by with their limited snaps: Zeus Jr. or Bozeman?

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Zeus should 100% get the start but I’m betting Bozeman will because why tf not.

Please don’t let this performance by the defense fool you. The Titans offense is garbage and we won’t be getting 11 sacks again. We are probably going to have to win a shootout and I don’t quite trust us to do that right now. It really helps that it’s at home but this is the first hardcore real test for our defense. If our defense plays great next week we can confidently say we have the NFLs best defense. If we keep them at 21 ish points that will be a win in my book. Our secondary honestly still isn’t as tight as it should be and the middle of the field is still a problem for us.

I won’t be surprised at all if we win, I expect it to be a close game, but I’m not expecting a win either. It’s just tough because we haven’t faced a team of this caliber yet we honestly don’t know how we will do.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Zeus should 100% get the start but I’m betting Bozeman will because why tf not.

Please don’t let this performance by the defense fool you. The Titans offense is garbage and we won’t be getting 11 sacks again. We are probably going to have to win a shootout and I don’t quite trust us to do that right now. It really helps that it’s at home but this is the first hardcore real test for our defense. If our defense plays great next week we can confidently say we have the NFLs best defense. If we keep them at 21 ish points that will be a win in my book. Our secondary honestly still isn’t as tight as it should be and the middle of the field is still a problem for us.

I won’t be surprised at all if we win, I expect it to be a close game, but I’m not expecting a win either. It’s just tough because we haven’t faced a team of this caliber yet we honestly don’t know how we will do.
Honestly though, this defense is an elite unit, one that's actually well equipped to take on this offense. Kamara and Ingram are the best 1-2 punch in the league and both are great RBs in their own right, and Thomas is a top 10 WR, and they have a great offensive line, but taking Thomas out of the equation with this secondary is certainly doable, and Kenny Young is one of the few LBs in the league who can likely limit Kamara's effectiveness out of the backfield with contain. The Saints offense are going to get their TDs, but I'd expect them to be not nearly as effective as they usually are. The Saints do have some other nice weapons, Cameron Meredith is also a very good WR, and Watson is a good TE. So long as we can neutralize Kamara(we are not going to stop him), we should win this game.

We contain Cameron Jordan, not an easy task but we've faced worse this season, we should be able to move the ball on them barring the version of Joe Flacco that shows up.

The Saints are a super bowl caliber team and have a bunch of nice pieces, but I think we are equipped enough to handle them.

ALI624

Pro Bowler
The one thing I hate is the Saints are coming off their bye. Think that gives that a big advantage.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
The one thing I hate is the Saints are coming off their bye. Think that gives that a big advantage.

I'm most worried about them taking that bye week to fix some of their defensive problems that they've been having. Let's not forget that their defense was actually pretty good last year until near the end and then the playoffs.

ALI624

Pro Bowler
I'm most worried about them taking that bye week to fix some of their defensive problems that they've been having. Let's not forget that their defense was actually pretty good last year until near the end and then the playoffs.
Yea definitely. I think they have a weakness at the LB position, but they have good players on the line and in the secondary.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
i have no idea what to expect this game! Saints are one of the 3 SB caliber teams in the NFC with a high power offense. gonna have to play well on D as a group to stop them

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
I know that Brees gets rid of the ball a lot quicker than Mariota but I really think our pass rush is coming around. Eleven sacks is impressive. Wink is doing a fine job at DC. Really who have the Saints beaten so far with a winning record? The Skins? They lost to Tampa lol, even though Fitzpatrick did have a great day. All I am saying is we have nothing to be scared about except them being well rested after the bye.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
I know that Brees gets rid of the ball a lot quicker than Mariota but I really think our pass rush is coming around. Eleven sacks is impressive. Wink is doing a fine job at DC. Really who have the Saints beaten so far with a winning record? The Skins? They lost to Tampa lol, even though Fitzpatrick did have a great day. All I am saying is we have nothing to be scared about except them being well rested after the bye.
Who have we beaten other than the steelers without bell? titans, den, bills.. are all trash. im sure saints fans are saying this same thing about us

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Who have we beaten other than the steelers without bell? titans, den, bills.. are all trash. im sure saints fans are saying this same thing about us
I'm sure they are and yes, it goes the same way. That being said, the Titans are supposed to be top 10 in defense and they are a well coached team, although Vrabel is a rookie coach.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
I hope the conditions are tricky - let’s take the saints far away from the comfort of their own dome and into the elements

On a more serious note we’ve got some really tall DL which is pretty helpful in counteracting and reducing the vision of drew brees - let’s get urban and wormley rushing consciously of the passing lanes
Want me to send the snow from Colorado to Baltimore?

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
That goes without saying, my point was that we are probably on equal footing. They may have a better offense and we have a better defense and it is close to a pick'em game that can go either way for both teams. Nothing to be afraid of.

David Rockefeller

Practice Squad
That goes without saying, my point was that we are probably on equal footing. They may have a better offense and we have a better defense and it is close to a pick'em game that can go either way for both teams. Nothing to be afraid of.
I would not call this a pick em game. Don't be too over confident due to the Titans game.