• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: Vs. Saints

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Of course the defense isn’t going to look anything like it did vs. the Titans. We had never had more than 9 sacks before in our franchise history and it’s possible this never happens again. Don’t downplay the 11 sacks. Enjoy them and let’s move onto thr next game. Brees will get rid of the ball much faster and our game plan will be much different than it was vs. Mariota.

This will be a tough game, even though we are playing at home. Brees is one of the most accurate passers in history I’d not rue most accurate of all time.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
Brees career avg is 7.6 yards per attempt , Brady has 7.5 and Manning 7.7 and Joe 6.8. This season Brees is currently @ 8.7 yards per attempt. I wouldn't really call him a dump off master. That title belongs to Joe
Brees will be the dump off master against us. Bank on it.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Of course the defense isn’t going to look anything like it did vs. the Titans. We had never had more than 9 sacks before in our franchise history and it’s possible this never happens again. Don’t downplay the 11 sacks. Enjoy them and let’s move onto thr next game. Brees will get rid of the ball much faster and our game plan will be much different than it was vs. Mariota.

This will be a tough game, even though we are playing at home. Brees is one of the most accurate passers in history I’d not rue most accurate of all time.

No! Don't hype up the 11 sacks! Just take them for what they were...an anomaly! They were fun to watch cause it was in the Ravens favor but don't dare begin to think that is the norm with the Ravens defense or that the Ravens defense has arrived per se. I don't buy into that notion one bit!

I'm grateful for their shutting out the Titans but the reality is that Breezie and the Saints are coming to town and that is a completely different level than Mariota and the Titans. Homefield "should," "should" be an advantage for our boys but even that's not a guarantee. However, we can take solace in this; Brees has NEVER beaten the RAVENS in his, 14-year career. NEVER!

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/drew-brees-trying-to-become-third-qb-ever-to-beat-all-32-teams/

Per text: "This week, Drew Brees will attempt to join the highly exclusive club when the Saints play the Ravens on Monday night. BALTIMORE IS THE ONLY TEAM BREES HAS NEVER BEATEN in his 14-year career -- and he's very aware of that. "I am aware. I played them in ’03, ’06 and ’10. Thanks for reminding me," Brees said this week, via the Ravens official website.

^^ Now use THAT for some locker room inspiration Ravens!

GO RAVENS!!!

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Lol thats kinda funny - Brees has only played us in a season we finished 10-6 or better.

That’s gotta be foreshadowing for our season right?

ALI624

Pro Bowler
Man OBJ and the Giants relationship is deteriorating fast. Would love for Ozzie/Eric to make a call just to see what’s up.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
No! Don't hype up the 11 sacks! Just take them for what they were...an anomaly! They were fun to watch cause it was in the Ravens favor but don't dare begin to think that is the norm with the Ravens defense or that the Ravens defense has arrived per se. I don't buy into that notion one bit!

I'm grateful for their shutting out the Titans but the reality is that Breezie and the Saints are coming to town and that is a completely different level than Mariota and the Titans. Homefield "should," "should" be an advantage for our boys but even that's not a guarantee. However, we can take solace in this; Brees has NEVER beaten the RAVENS in his, 14-year career. NEVER!

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/drew-brees-trying-to-become-third-qb-ever-to-beat-all-32-teams/

Per text: "This week, Drew Brees will attempt to join the highly exclusive club when the Saints play the Ravens on Monday night. BALTIMORE IS THE ONLY TEAM BREES HAS NEVER BEATEN in his 14-year career -- and he's very aware of that. "I am aware. I played them in ’03, ’06 and ’10. Thanks for reminding me," Brees said this week, via the Ravens official website.

^^ Now use THAT for some locker room inspiration Ravens!

GO RAVENS!!!
That’s what I was saying, it’s an anomaly but I appreciate it non of the less.

Btw, if the Saints come to town on Monday night, they won’t win the game, they will be a little late. Not sure where CBS thinks it’s a Monday night game.

Sooky

Pro Bowler
All I can say is thank god we have Jimmy Smith to line up against Thomas. But this will be a huge test for the defense. If they can hold Brees to under 24 points then I say the Ravens have a chance of winning this game. But this game is both sides of the coin, the Ravens offense needs to get rolling like they did the first few games, and it may be hard with the Saints having some good pieces on the defensive side of the ball.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
I'm chalking this up as a loss. Whenever the Ravens have a chance to take control of the division AND WE WILL... we fuck it up. The Bengals are playing the Chiefs on MNF. Bengals + primetime + competent competition = L. Steelers are on bye and who cares what the Browns are doing.

Sooky

Pro Bowler
I'm chalking this up as a loss. Whenever the Ravens have a chance to take control of the division AND WE WILL... we fuck it up. The Bengals are playing the Chiefs on MNF. Bengals + primetime + competent competition = L. Steelers are on bye and who cares what the Browns are doing.
I think it will be interesting to see if the Chiefs bounce back though... They took their first loss and historically they always start off hot then cool off. I wouldn't be surprised if Mahomdog makes a few mistakes and the Bengals have a chance to win a big opponent.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I think it will be interesting to see if the Chiefs bounce back though... They took their first loss and historically they always start off hot then cool off. I wouldn't be surprised if Mahomdog makes a few mistakes and the Bengals have a chance to win a big opponent.

its not like the chiefs got curb-stomped or anything which is what's happened when they've come back down to earth a couple of times - the patriots got 2 key stops in that game that changed the outcome of the game otherwise the chiefs would be 6-0

Sooky

Pro Bowler
its not like the chiefs got curb-stomped or anything which is what's happened when they've come back down to earth a couple of times - the patriots got 2 key stops in that game that changed the outcome of the game otherwise the chiefs would be 6-0
They don't need to be curb stomped to lose confidence. I am just saying that is a game to circle for the week. Those teams that are undefeated for awhile in the season sometimes take a dip and it takes a couple weeks to pull out of.

Tank

Hall of Famer
They don't need to be curb stomped to lose confidence. I am just saying that is a game to circle for the week. Those teams that are undefeated for awhile in the season sometimes take a dip and it takes a couple weeks to pull out of.
Doubt they lose confidence. The same issues they've had all year(defense) did them in at NE.

Game is at Arrowhead.....give the points and take the Chiefs.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor

And THAT has been another issue of mine with our boys! They seem to fail to shine and take control of the division when given the opportunity to do so.