• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: Vs. Saints

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
Brees , the King of the Dump off pass , will get annihilated this Sunday.
Brees career avg is 7.6 yards per attempt , Brady has 7.5 and Manning 7.7 and Joe 6.8. This season Brees is currently @ 8.7 yards per attempt. I wouldn't really call him a dump off master. That title belongs to Joe

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Brees career avg is 7.6 yards per attempt , Brady has 7.5 and Manning 7.7 and Joe 6.8. This season Brees is currently @ 8.7 yards per attempt. I wouldn't really call him a dump off master. That title belongs to Joe
Nah, joe goes deep when Marty actually designs plays competently and forces defenses to respect his arm that way. Sam Bradford is a true dump off master. He is also the master of ripping off teams. He and Jay Cutler share the title of "this generation's Jeff George"

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Zeus should 100% get the start but I’m betting Bozeman will because why tf not.

Please don’t let this performance by the defense fool you. The Titans offense is garbage and we won’t be getting 11 sacks again. We are probably going to have to win a shootout and I don’t quite trust us to do that right now. It really helps that it’s at home but this is the first hardcore real test for our defense. If our defense plays great next week we can confidently say we have the NFLs best defense. If we keep them at 21 ish points that will be a win in my book. Our secondary honestly still isn’t as tight as it should be and the middle of the field is still a problem for us.

I won’t be surprised at all if we win, I expect it to be a close game, but I’m not expecting a win either. It’s just tough because we haven’t faced a team of this caliber yet we honestly don’t know how we will do.

Well, I'll be damn! YOU actually said all of this? Wow! Be careful, you're starting to dibble and dabble on the dark side of speaking "your truth" about the Ravens. Some cats in here can't handle that kind of stuff if you're not drinking the "purple kool-aid". Lol!

But, I couldn't agree more here! The Ravens have a history of playing big in one game and then pissing themselves in the next. So, I'm not overly hyped by the defensive performance against the Titans yesterday either. Grateful for the win and love being 4-2 for sure, but, not sold on the Ravens being a consistently dominant team as of yet. Brees ISN'T Mariota! The Saints offense ISN'T the Titans offense!

Sure, we're at home and that definitely helps BUT Breezie has the offensive weapons that will be a handful for our defense. Especially IF, our pass rush is non-existent (which, unfortunately, I think it will be) because Breezie gets rid of that ball quickly!

Last edited:

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Well, I'll be damn! YOU actually said all of this? Wow! Be careful, you're starting to dibble and dabble on the dark side of speaking "your truth" about the Ravens. Some cats in here can't handle that kind of stuff if you're not drinking the "purple kool-aid". Lol!

But, I couldn't agree more here! The Ravens have a history of playing big in one game and then pissing themselves in the next. So, I'm not overly hyped by the defensive performance against the Titans yesterday either. Grateful for the win and love being 4-2 for sure, but, not sold on the Ravens being a consistently dominant team as of yet. Brees ISN'T Mariota! The Saints offense ISN'T the Titans offense!

Sure, we're at home and that definitely helps BUT Breezie has the offensive weapons that will be a handful for our defense. Especially IF, our pass rush is non-existent (which, unfortunately, I think it will be) because Breezie gets rid of that ball quickly!
Our pass rush wont look anything like it did against the titans. A ton of our sacks came from blitzes and if we blitz Brees like that he will make us pay. And honestly half those sacks were Mariotas fault, he started panicking way too early and took his eyes away from downfield. He doomed himself basically.

Our pass rush is improving but we can’t get too optimistic. Im tired of trying to predict and break down what might happen every game because honestly it’s the NFL and guessing anything week to week is near impossible.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
\Our pass rush is improving but we can’t get too optimistic. Im tired of trying to predict and break down what might happen every game because honestly it’s the NFL and guessing anything week to week is near impossible.
Except for one thing...
Our...
Season...
Is....
OVER

#TankforBosa

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Nah, joe goes deep when Marty actually designs plays competently and forces defenses to respect his arm that way. Sam Bradford is a true dump off master. He is also the master of ripping off teams. He and Jay Cutler share the title of "this generation's Jeff George"
Jeff George did a whole lot more than Bradford's ever done... he had close to 7 ypa I believe where as Bradford is around 6.5/6.6 ypa and Flacco I think is between them in ypa at 6.7/6.8 ypa... also Flacco had several seasons where he was better than 7 ypa... this year's YPA is basically Flacco's average across the 10-11 seasons he's played. So, he wasn't all dump off tbh....

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Our pass rush wont look anything like it did against the titans. A ton of our sacks came from blitzes and if we blitz Brees like that he will make us pay. And honestly half those sacks were Mariotas fault, he started panicking way too early and took his eyes away from downfield. He doomed himself basically.

Our pass rush is improving but we can’t get too optimistic. Im tired of trying to predict and break down what might happen every game because honestly it’s the NFL and guessing anything week to week is near impossible.

True! And, that's the harsh reality of football!

It's truly a guessing game from week to week but definitely with the Ravens due to the inconsistency in their gameplay from week to week. They played well against the Steelers and pissed the sheets against the Browns. Then, they pitch a shutout against the Titans? What's next? WE DON'T KNOW!

They haven't been consistent enough to gain my full confidence or trust in them as of yet and that is sad for me to say cause we're 7 games into the season already and "we should know" who they are and what team we're going to get by now but we don't! At least I don't!

Hopefully, they can put on a dominant performance against the Saints at home that sends a message throughout the NFL that they are for real!

Last edited:

rossihunter2

Staff Member
True! And, that's the harsh reality of football!

It's truly a guessing game from week to week but definitely with the Ravens due to the inconsistency in their gameplay from week to week. They played well against the Steelers and pissed the sheets against the Browns. Then, they pitch a shutout against the Titans? What's next? WE DON'T KNOW!

They haven't been consistent enough to gain my full confidence or trust in them as of yet and that is sad for me to say cause we're 7 games into the season already and "we should know" who they are and what team we're going to get by now but we don't! At least I don't!

Hopefully, they can put on a dominant performance against the Saints at home that sends a message throughout the NFL that they are for real!

I’m 100% with you - the nature of the titans victory helped a little but I still don’t trust this team to get out of its own way

They’re certainly a more fun outfit to watch though than the ravens have been certainly since 2014

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
I am just glad that the game is at The Bank and not in their dome. That could really help us this week.