• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: Vs. Saints

jboy19

Pro Bowler
For me, it's hard to see this game as competitive with NO coming off a bye. 2 weeks of game prep and a week of rest is hard to overcome. Not to mention the Saints are a really good team on top of all that. Obviously hoping for every break the Ravens can get, but that team is on fire.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
I don’t think Skura is bad and I think he’s been okay but if we can upgrade then do it. I just don’t know who we can get to upgrade on him because he knows the offense but maybe Grasu can do it or perhaps Nico I don’t know or maybe even Bozeman. Grasu has certainly been here long enough now where he could’ve picked up the offense, so maybe
Maybe we trade for one before the deadline. If the front office shares your concerns with the Center position I can bet they are looking at all available options across the league.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Been reading saints forums.. most of them have them blowing us out. Haven’t seen a single person say they might lose. Like I’ve read pages and everyone has a win down

Of, course they do! You shouldn't be surprised by that at all!

The Ravens are a team that has been up and down and erratic, especially in their offensive gameplay. Remember, they couldn't score a TD against the Browns....against the damn Browns! But then they score 3 TD's against the Titans in Tennessee. Bipolar! Lol!

While Breezie and company have never beaten the Ravens, he's still a prolific and accurate passer. The Ravens defense can't afford to be caught slipping cause if they are not careful that Saints offense can light'em up....quick, fast and in a hurry!

The Ravens need to play ball possession football. They need to script and call plays to constantly keep the Saints defense guessing and to consistently move the chains and then finish off drives with touchdowns! In other words; KEEP BREES ON THE SIDELINES! And the Ravens defense needs to get home to disrupt or sack Breezie frequently. If they can do that....they stand a great chance of dropping the Saints @ "THE BANK" and picking up that back to back "W". I hope it happens!

GO RAVENS!!

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I don't care who you're playing... you blitz, it's just the frequency you do it. You won't see us attacking like last week, but you throw them in there. Can't have anyone thinking you're scared to send extra men unless that's just your scheme.

More important will be continuing our deceptive 4 man rushes where any of 7-8 ravens could come but only 4 do and it could be any of them

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
LMAO. "If we limit the Ravens rushing attack we will win"

Yeah. The rushing attack that has been soooo effective for us. They have the #1 run defense in the league but that number is clearly a tad inflated given that their pass defense is clearly the weakness and teams usually have to resort to that anyways because they're in catch up mode. Though they've been much better in recent weeks in pass defense.

They're underestimating us: good. The Saints are one of the best teams in the league and there's no doubt about it! If we show up, I still have us losing, but we are not going down without a fight

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator

Yeah. The rushing attack that has been soooo effective for us. They have the #1 run defense in the league but that number is clearly a tad inflated given that their pass defense is clearly the weakness and teams usually have to resort to that anyways because they're in catch up mode. Though they've been much better in recent weeks in pass defense.

They're underestimating us: good. The Saints are one of the best teams in the league and there's no doubt about it! If we show up, I still have us losing, but we are not going down without a fight
dude the way their fans see their numbers made more upset than anything. I always read the other pages and all I saw was ThE sKiNs hAd ThE BesT D BefOre wE plAyed thEm!
I read every offense we were playing was complete ass because of the numbers... its fuckinng week 6 teams offense numbers will plummet if we shut them out in a game (not to say the titans are shit but the Steelers offense is way more scary than the Saints imo, esp at Pitt)
It's like the argument in week 3 that a team hasn't beat anyone with 2 wins.. yes because we gave those team the loss.

We need that rain dance hard and I don't think we can shake drew but get his jersey muddy.

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
Has there been any word on jersey colors? I feel this is a game we roll out the all blacks for... I see the saints wearing their white jerseys not sure why but that's how I've pictured this game.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
Has there been any word on jersey colors? I feel this is a game we roll out the all blacks for... I see the saints wearing their white jerseys not sure why but that's how I've pictured this game.
Let's just roll with what we wore the last five times we beat Brees. No, to breaking that streak....lol.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
You know what. I am going to make the bold prediction here. Not only are we going to win this game, we are going to smack them down! Joe will have more passing yards than Brees. My man Smokey is going to score 3 TD's and our defense is going to have a pick 6! Let's get some positive thoughts going. If you're scared, say you're scared!

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
Ravens defense saying, "We will see what we are made of." Now if that don't pump you up, nothing will. Let's smack those guys in the mouth and show them what AFC North football at The Bank is all about! Screw those dome playing wusses!

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
Maybe we trade for one before the deadline. If the front office shares your concerns with the Center position I can bet they are looking at all available options across the league.
I don’t like the idea of trading for a center now because the likelihood of you bringing them in here and being ready is low. The only time I think it works is if the guy has familiarity with the offensive coaching staff. Center is just a position that’s not easily traded for at this point in a team’s season. In fact, anyone want to check and see if any team has ever traded for a center at this stage or later and that guy actually worked out?

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

We limit our own rushing attack. I think it is going to be a hard fought game and a close one at that. In pickem I have us winning, but it may be changed.