• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: Vs. Saints

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
Been reading saints forums.. most of them have them blowing us out. Haven’t seen a single person say they might lose. Like I’ve read pages and everyone has a win down

Tank

Hall of Famer
This was always going to be one of the tougher games on the schedule and with the Saints coming off the bye makes it a bit more of a challenge. I do like that we are playing at home as it's always good to get dome teams outdoors, was hoping for rain but it looks like it will be sunny and cool. I think if the offense can clean up the sloppy play from last week's second half we stand a good chance, guessing it will take at least 28 maybe a bit more to win this one. As always it will hinge on line play....... Can they get a pass rush and can they protect Joe.

O

OriolesMagicPlease

Does your husband know about your emotional affair with Mark Andrews?

Ahhh, he knew what he was getting into when he married me.

I wasn't going to say Mark specifically because I really believe we need to get them all more involved in the game plan BUT MORE MARK ANDREWS PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
If Lewis can't play, I'd be shocked if Hurst is moved to LG after the game he just had vs. the Titans. More likely we see Bozeman at LG.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
If Lewis can't play, I'd be shocked if Hurst is moved to LG after the game he just had vs. the Titans. More likely we see Bozeman at LG.
Yeah...filmstudy says Hurst had the best game of his career. No chance he moves lol

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Ahhh, he knew what he was getting into when he married me.

I wasn't going to say Mark specifically because I really believe we need to get them all more involved in the game plan BUT MORE MARK ANDREWS PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hurst and Andrews need to be our two primary TEs

PedroRhormes

Practice Squad
Hurst and Andrews need to be our two primary TEs

Agreed. I can not understand why on Earth Nick Boyle is our #1 tight end on depth. That's just a lame ass excuse for bringing up an topic that both rookies need to develop first. I appreciate very much what Boyle has done on our team for the past years, but still, he's done. He can't contribute very much offensively, and just to have him as a blocker, I rather take Maxx which is way stronger than him.

No brainer here, we need something new on offense, we MUST explore Hurst more. Just one catch for seven yards in two games, with few snaps, on a 1st round pick which is already healthy, is ridiculous. The Patriots when showed up with Gronkowski and Hernandez destroyed the whole league. We were also balling when we showed up with Pitta and Gillmore. Just don't understand Marty...

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Agreed. I can not understand why on Earth Nick Boyle is our #1 tight end on depth. That's just a lame ass excuse for bringing up an topic that both rookies need to develop first. I appreciate very much what Boyle has done on our team for the past years, but still, he's done. He can't contribute very much offensively, and just to have him as a blocker, I rather take Maxx which is way stronger than him.

No brainer here, we need something new on offense, we MUST explore Hurst more. Just one catch for seven yards in two games, with few snaps, on a 1st round pick which is already healthy, is ridiculous. The Patriots when showed up with Gronkowski and Hernandez destroyed the whole league. We were also balling when we showed up with Pitta and Gillmore. Just don't understand Marty...
Boyle is the best blocker out of the bunch and that’s why he gets so many snaps. Although our run game still sucks so how could it be any worse with the others instead?

RavensPunkXVX

Pro Bowler
Been reading saints forums.. most of them have them blowing us out. Haven’t seen a single person say they might lose. Like I’ve read pages and everyone has a win down

Id like the link as well. From what I’ve read, they’re not completely big headed. They know it’s going to be a tough game. Majority worried about Flacco and deep ball connection with John Brown which they believe cAn get behind their defense. Also worried about Snead in the short game.

Those fans know it’s gonna be a tough game. Mostly respectful of the challenge

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Contrary to popular opinion, I think the key for this game is to establish the run and try to not give many big plays on D. It won't be easy, the Saints run D is among the best in the league so far and we all know what playmakers on offense they have but if we're forced into the shootout, we're dead.

And everybody and their dog started talking way too early about our record vs Brees, which is not a good thing.

I have uneasy feeling about this one.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Contrary to popular opinion, I think the key for this game is to establish the run and try to not give many big plays on D. It won't be easy, the Saints run D is among the best in the league so far and we all know what playmakers on offense they have but if we're forced into the shootout, we're dead.

And everybody and their dog started talking way too early about our record vs Brees, which is not a good thing.

If we win, great, we are a legit Super Bowl contender.

If we lose but it’s close, eh they’re a really good team, not a huge knock on us. I can live with it.

If we get blown out, our season is over.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

interestingly skura has had a couple of nightmare games in a row - also i picked up on something that ken didnt go into but he mentioned stanley missing some pull blocks because he was tripping (and we typically have mainly been running power to the right side - behind yanda for obvious reasons) but i was wondering if maybe part of the tripping problem is down to skura getting destroyed early in the down

i mean that literally throws everything off - the interior blockers have to be strong and well-anchored or the whole play is dead on arrival

after starting the season strong (and even alex lewis played well the last 2 weeks - maybe we were too fast to get down on him and maybe he really was just working back from injuries etc.) you have to think that another poor skura performance and maybe we look at potential switch options...

rossihunter2

Staff Member

if we're trying to establish the run - this would be a statement game to do it in given that the saints are the current owners of the number 1 rush defence in the league... but does also make it more unlikely