• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Good, the Bad, and The Wind

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
It is the same freaking thing what are you talking about? Who said he’s in a slump? No one. I didn’t mention Crabtree’s slump either.

I’m talking about ONE play.

Everyone was pissed about his dropped touchdown. Everyone blamed him for it.

Justin tucker misses an extra point, he gets a free pass.

It’s absolutely the same thing.
He will take responsibility on his own as I’m sure he already has. However he’s gotten us out of so many jams before that his bucket is still full

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
that's naive
everyone was pissed with crabtree because he dropped multiple passes and led the league in drops AND THEN dropped the game-winner
tucker's never missed an xp and his only missed field goals the last 2 years have been blocks which is why very few people are pissed - there's a huge difference
I will literally fucking quote every single post about people largely blaming Crabtree for loss because of the dropped touchdown. Don’t call me fucking naive I know what I’m talking about.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
He will take responsibility on his own as I’m sure he already has. However he’s gotten us out of so many jams before that his bucket is still full
Yeah. If not for him we don't win the SB, and lose far more games than we should have.

If there's any player on this team other than Yanda that has earned a collective free pass, it's honestly him.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Obviously none of us are happy, but we're not going into rage mode because of how absolutely flukeish it is. We played a really good game and lost on a fluke. It's more that we are in awe than furious. You're entitled to your opinion but we aren't mad at him. It's his fault, sure, but it's not something worth being pissed over.
I’m not into rage mode I’ve already said I’m not even pissed anymore. Thanks though.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
I’m not fucking worried about Tucker in the future get your damn heads around that. I’m not even pissed at him. I wasn’t pissed at Crabtree. I’m annoyed that everyone is giving him a free pass because he’s amazing.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I will literally fucking quote every single post about people largely blaming Crabtree for loss because of the dropped touchdown. Don’t call me fucking naive I know what I’m talking about.

yes people blamed him for the dropping of the td and blamed him for that loss

but the reason people got pissed was because it wasnt the first drop he'd made in critical situations that season (and even in that game) - yes he dropped a game-winner - that happens sometimes on a tricky pass but the consistent drops are what sent people into meltdown over crabtree and blaming him

Tank

Hall of Famer
I do agree they got a little conservative with the 10 point lead. Marty needed to keep his foot on the gas.
Did the same in the second half last week, we were fortunate it was the Titans. Unless you have a killer middle O line and punishing RB to just kill clock you have to keep the rhythm. Not being overly aggressive, but continue to attack and keep the flow of the game going.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Except there’s a difference.

Tucker might go down as the greatest kicker of all time. Crabtree has an ugly history of drops and was by far the league leader when he added another game of dropping passes left and right.

He’s gotten his act together and I’m done giving him shit but I do still feel nervous when he’s bringing it in. I don’t feel nervous about tucker, and never will, unless it’s a windy day like today and the announcers are doing their goddamn fucking best to jinx him.
Doesn't make sense. Tucker should still be held accountable for extra point miss that robbed us of OT.
Obviously he's not the only one to blame.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I know that Brees is really accurate (because he doesn’t take chances, sorry) and I’m not really specifically talking about this game but WHERE ARE OUR DAMN TURNOVERS THAT WE LIVED OFF OF LAST YEAR
Different philosophy. Bend but don’t break isn’t just a way of saying we suck between the 20s, pees would bait offenses into lulls and then try to capitalize when the field shrinks a little. Problem is it also tires out your defense and also becomes predictable

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
What we all need to understand is that today was a great game, just one we lost because most of the time one team has to lose(unless it's our pick em game, cause ties = losses there).

We honestly looked good on both sides of the ball. I want Bozeman starting at C, and Brown at RT, and Hurst at LG. That oline was good running the ball between the tackles today. We need to resign John Brown. Jimmy needs to get back into game shape. I think the rest of the team returns next week.

Which means we go back to Hurst and Lewis again...

I'm just gonna kms.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
turnovers are a year to year changeable proposition because of how much luck is involved in them occurring - the better you are the more likely they are but luck still plays a large role which is why turnovers are not a steady year-year statistic no matter the state of a defence
THERE IS NO LUCK IN FOOTBALL

The good: The offense pulling off a rare, desperate TD drive on a 2 min drill. Got the right mix of no panic but still in hurry up (unlike the zombie march they often go on when in that situation)
The bad: The admission that an offense that good is still unable to be matched by even a great defense in this day and age
The ugly: Us having to face the fact that our dear kicker, is indeed a human being

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
I specifically remember one play where Skura got DESTROYED holy crap he got pushed 10 yards back...we need someone else

I’d like to think it was the wind but the tape on the uprights was pretty much dead still. Tuck just missed one, his first one and it just happened to come at the wrong time.

There was no wind, I was at the game lol

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
turnovers are a year to year changeable proposition because of how much luck is involved in them occurring - the better you are the more likely they are but luck still plays a large role which is why turnovers are not a steady year-year statistic no matter the state of a defence
I’m not talking about how many exactly, I don’t expect as many as last year but rather the fact that we seemingly don’t get like any...it’s just annoying more than anything

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
I specifically remember one play where Skura got DESTROYED holy crap he got pushed 10 yards back...we need someone else
If only we had some rookie LG who was a pretty good C in college, a really smart player, a good scheme fit, and knows how to anchor, and also went to the alma matter of our hall of fame GM....

Nah, this isn't our pick em game. That's a fantasy land.