• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Good, the Bad, and The Wind

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
that's naive
everyone was pissed with crabtree because he dropped multiple passes and led the league in drops AND THEN dropped the game-winner
tucker's never missed an xp and his only missed field goals the last 2 years have been blocks which is why very few people are pissed - there's a huge difference
Yes. Some forget it wasn’t about just one drop, he was by far the league leader.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Our defense is very very good. They will keep us in every single game. We have the NFLs best defense this year.

Our offense and special teams needs to play better. We can’t play an elite offense and only put up 20.

I’m honestly not really that upset anymore so I take it back about being more pissed than after the Browns game. That still takes the cake. But I’m really really upset we didn’t even force overtime. Unbelievable timing to miss your first xp ever.

We are a really good team and absolute super bowl contenders. Like I said before this game. If we lose a close one nothing changes. They are really good, we are really good. One team has to lose. The season is still young.
While I'd rather lose to a NFC team, I'd rather not lose period. However, I must've missed the headline where we clinched a playoff spot. I don't want us talking about being contenders until we clinch a playoff spot. That being said, let me not be an asshole and tell you how to think. We'll just agree to disagree at this juncture.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
The Ugly: The Steelers can take over the division lead without even playing a game this week. If Chiefs win that is what will happen.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I will literally fucking quote every single post about people largely blaming Crabtree for loss because of the dropped touchdown. Don’t call me fucking naive I know what I’m talking about.
But there is still a difference here and you know it. Crabtree had a long running trend of ugly ass drops, tucker has a 6 year streak of legendary kicking. That’s why we were on fucking fire about Crabtree and not mad at tucker

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
While I'd rather lose to a NFC team, I'd rather not lose period. However, I must've missed the headline where we clinched a playoff spot. I don't want us talking about being contenders until we clinch a playoff spot. That being said, let me not be an asshole and tell you how to think. We'll just agree to disagree at this juncture.
By super bowl contenders I really meant we are one of the better teams in the AFC. Obviously the super bowl is too far for that talk I should’ve worded differently.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
I know that Brees is really accurate (because he doesn’t take chances, sorry) and I’m not really specifically talking about this game but WHERE ARE OUR DAMN TURNOVERS THAT WE LIVED OFF OF LAST YEAR

It's hard to be a high turnover team. They are kind of a fluke stat. Also, might be wrong, but part of that might be due to our inconsistent pass rush. It seems most teams that lead have at least one great rusher.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I have no hope any more. Looking at what we have left on schedule, the illusion we'd be more than 8-8 ball club is over.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
It's hard to be a high turnover team. They are kind of a fluke stat. Also, might be wrong, but part of that might be due to our inconsistent pass rush. It seems most teams that lead have at least one great rusher.
Not asking to be a high turnover team. I just want a damn pick every once in a while.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
The stupid fake flacco run toss to collins on 3rd and 2 for a loss of about 5... wtf was that marty
It's stupid shit LIKE this (not your post lol, Marty's playcalling) that irks me and questions why the fuck is he still on the team. For whatever reason, I thought it was 3rd and 1 and if it was, Flacco sneak that bitch!

redrum52

Hall of Famer
I specifically remember one play where Skura got DESTROYED holy crap he got pushed 10 yards back...we need someone else

I think it was a 3 man rush too. I don't know how we didn't give up a sack that play, if I'm remembering it right.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Doesn't make sense. Tucker should still be held accountable for extra point miss that robbed us of OT.
Obviously he's not the only one to blame.
But he’s not being absolved of any blame, he just isn’t the target of everyone’s rage. Crabtree fucking deserved all the fire and fury he got from the fans, tucker isn’t being absolved of blame but he gets a pass as far as being pissed off goes. You can place blame on someone without being fucking livid at them, like we were at Crabtree due to his repeated drops

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
That’s a very pessimistic way to look at it but I’ll respect it lol
I'm not too worried. I think we can beat the Chiefs, I think we can beat the Raiders, we can beat the Bengals, Steelers, Browns, Falcons, Panthers, and Buccs, and I think we win those games. Chargers and Chiefs are the only teams that make me scared. There's a good chance we go 10-6 still. Not too worried.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
By super bowl contenders I really meant we are one of the better teams in the AFC. Obviously the super bowl is too far for that talk I should’ve worded differently.
I think I understood where you were originally come from. I remember towards the end of last season where are a number of us were discussing which teams would we want and don't want to see in the playoffs BEFORE we clinched a playoff spot. I guess that's where I'm coming from.