• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next up: @Carolina

Joe and Marty need to come out strong. I don't want them to even think of having a chance of being in this game.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Honestly, if there isn't a game to use the TEs, it's this one. Carolina's secondary is honestly kind of pathetic. The front seven is doing the heavy lifting and might low key be the toughest test we face all season. Addison is great, Peppers is still a pass rush machine, Kawann Short is a stud up the middle. Combine these factors with Keuchly, who is one of the five best defensive players in the game, and Thomas Davis who is a stud coverage LB in his own right, our offense is facing a tough test.

The funny thing is that 3/5 of that oline is playing really well. Moton has been playing at a high level, Kalil and Turner are both very good. Cam Newton is superman... As in he's carrying his team. Greg Olsen just returned from injury and Christian McCaffery is a great receiver but not a particuarly great runner. In short: They can't run the ball to save their lives. That vaunted new WR corps isn't that great either. Lots of speed, but Moore and Smith are not really producing and Funchess has woefully inconsitent hands that would make Crabtree proud. The game has passed Norv Turner by and no one decided to tell the panthers about it when they hired him.

I'll make this short and sweet.. We stop Cam Newton we win handily. Which is way easier said than done. He's a way better version of Marcus Mariota. The oline is good, and they have a lot of talent.

The front seven worries me more than anything but I have this as a W

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
I honestly think if we beat the saints we would lose this week but because we lost I see it as a win. I have known this team too long lol that’s what happens. We need to win our next 3

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
I honestly think if we beat the saints we would lose this week but because we lost I see it as a win. I have known this team too long lol that’s what happens. We need to win our next 3
I definitely agree. We have a history of letdowns after emotional wins. Not always but it is pretty frequent

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
The timing is possibly perfect. We can come in fired up after a close lose to a good great team while the Panthers are emotionally drained by their last second win against the Eagles.

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
If we lose our season is officially

over
I know the memes about this being a joke and I don’t think our season is over but this is a must win imo. There’s no way we will be able to make up ground in the division with a 4-4 and the Steelers pulling their usual mega win streak. If we lose vs the panthers it looks like a wild card, if we win we still have a good chance at the crown. Don’t forget we have the Steelers and bengals right after, and I know both are at home but we lost to both of them at home last year and I don’t think the Steelers will be happy with what we did

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
I care way more about winning the division this year then anything else tbh. It’s been way to fucking long since we have had a home playoff game (ray Lewis last dance jeez) and I’m tired of the Steelers running the division (and the bengals short stretch)

You can’t win the Super Bowl ever year and of course I would love to but we don’t match close to what the rams and chiefs are doing (yet Atleast no damn run game)
I just want to be afc north champs so damn bad

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
I know the memes about this being a joke and I don’t think our season is over but this is a must win imo. There’s no way we will be able to make up ground in the division with a 4-4 and the Steelers pulling their usual mega win streak. If we lose vs the panthers it looks like a wild card, if we win we still have a good chance at the crown. Don’t forget we have the Steelers and bengals right after, and I know both are at home but we lost to both of them at home last year and I don’t think the Steelers will be happy with what we did
Honestly that time I was being kinda serious. If we go 4-4 I’m done hoping for anything this season.

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
Honestly that time I was being kinda serious. If we go 4-4 I’m done hoping for anything this season.
For sure, a turnaround would put as at wild card but the Bungles and Steelers have easy wins next week. We can't fall behind and we can't end with more than 5 loses.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
For sure, a turnaround would put as at wild card but the Bungles and Steelers have easy wins next week. We can't fall behind and we can't end with more than 5 loses.
There is just absolutely no excuse for missing the playoffs this year. We have a good team on paper and half of the time on the field lol anything less than a 2nd round playoff game is a failure and we will be looking for a new coach I think. Still pissed we let those games get away from us. Those 3 losses were all within reach and will be very crucial by the end of the year. Im going to cry if we miss the playoffs again lol

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
There is just absolutely no excuse for missing the playoffs this year. We have a good team on paper and half of the time on the field lol anything less than a 2nd round playoff game is a failure and we will be looking for a new coach I think. Still pissed we let those games get away from us. Those 3 losses were all within reach and will be very crucial by the end of the year. Im going to cry if we miss the playoffs again lol
I’m gonna cry if we don’t win the division the Steelers spotted us a 2 game lead and the bungles are already bungling

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
If it means anything positive, the last time we racked off 5 games was 2006 when we went 13-3, get this cuz this is insane. We had the same. Exact. Schedule. Every single pope met was exactly the same. The win steak started in October after losing to the Caroline panthers we faced the saints (insane). The 5 game streak including that nfc south team, the bengals and Steelers, both in Baltimore, and the falcons. Holy fuck is that crazy or what

And I know how the schedule works but what makes it really insane is that we had the bills at home and the titans on the road as our two 2005 same ranking teams. That’s the coolest thing all week

Sooky

Pro Bowler
I honestly feel like this might be another shut out win against a good team. Not because Carolina isn't good, but the Ravens defense matches extremely well against that Panthers offense.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Not only do we have a good team on papers, both sides of the ball aren't playing mediocre either. If we miss the postseason, it's not going to be on the players. That'll be on Harbaugh and Marty and those two will need to go. This team has too much talent, and frankly, and I'm gonna say it again, it looks like this talent has been bailing Marty out. Flacco has been having a good season, the WRs are good. The oline needs some work, but we still give up on the run too early, never utilize the middle when we should, again: why draft two rookie TEs if we are never going to use them? Hayden Hurt isn't Ed Dickson, that one "drop" was a horrible throw. This team could have both a top 5 offense, and a top 5 defense if we had a real OC. Marty hasn't been decent, he's been an Alex Smith level of good. We can do better.

I still think we at least make the wild card. But if we don't, keep the players, it's not time for a rebuild. If we miss the postseason it's on the coaches. Flacco has shown up this year and has put is in position to win vs. the Browns and the Saints even if he wasn't perfect. Marty needs to go.