• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next up: @Carolina

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
I have us beating Carolina, Steelers, Bengals, Browns, Buccaneers, Raiders.

Losing to Atlanta at home, Chargers, and Chiefs.

Still going 10-6

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
I have us beating Carolina, Steelers, Bengals, Browns, Buccaneers, Raiders.

Losing to Atlanta at home, Chargers, and Chiefs.

Still going 10-6
Except we are going to inevitably lose to the Bucs or raiders or something and beat the falcons or chargers etc

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Stop it guys, we need to take this one game at a time. We don’t need any more jinx.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
You do realize they beat the Eagles today and are 4-2
I meant the Ravens and how we are playing. Sorry I should’ve used a better way of explaining myself there. I think Panthers are a concern because of Olsen and their WR corps could test us and they have a nice OL. So I don’t expect this to be easy but I think the defense played very well against the Saints so I feel we can beat the Panthers since it was that close

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Everyone knows Cam is not Mariota. Cam is better then given credit for and people tend to overlook the fact that he gets about 6-7 rushing TDs a year at GL so the passing TD stat doesn't look all that great. I don't think this match up is going to be sweet for our defense. I wouldn't be suprised with Carolina at home where they're much better at if they managed to hit 17-20 points on this D.
Cam can make the throws, but cam doesn’t have the vision and anticipation of a guy like brees, I actually feared brees’ ability to scramble more than cam, brees can see a rush coming with his eyes downfield and subtly avoid it and take a rusher out of the play with single steps, cam is more “see the rusher, get the fuck out of the pocket” type, he’s more patient than mariota, and just a better QB in every way, but the mobile QBs are the ones who get sacked the most, and the reason is not because they’re trying too hard or doing too much, it’s because they use mobility as a crutch and almost never have the same pocket presence and awareness as a drew brees.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Cam can make the throws, but cam doesn’t have the vision and anticipation of a guy like brees, I actually feared brees’ ability to scramble more than cam, brees can see a rush coming with his eyes downfield and subtly avoid it and take a rusher out of the play with single steps, cam is more “see the rusher, get the fuck out of the pocket” type, he’s more patient than mariota, and just a better QB in every way, but the mobile QBs are the ones who get sacked the most, and the reason is not because they’re trying too hard or doing too much, it’s because they use mobility as a crutch and almost never have the same pocket presence and awareness as a drew brees.
Drew Brees also has a cunning ability to get rid of the ball quickly and accurately, without even trying to get out - he'll throw it where WR would magically appear half a second later.