• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next up: @Carolina

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
Can someone who has seen the tape tell me if the TE issue is more because of the gameplan (like they are being kept in to block because I read a lot that they are being kept in to help whoever is at RT), or if its more that they are simply not able to get separation, or if its that they are getting separation but Flacco is simply ignoring them for some unknown reason?

If Flacco starts out like shit and our running game does nothing, you can best believe we're fucked. However, if the defense and special teams can force a couple of turnovers and we're fortunate enough to capitalize on these turnovers, it'd be a different story.
I think our defense can do enough to keep us in the game but the victory will depend on if we can start off on a good note because as you noted it seems inevitable for this offense to fizzle down the stretch.

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
So Cam has a banged up shoulder.. hmm. I know there is no way he won't play and idc, but I feel if we get some hard hits early, (and scrambling qbs with bad lines are our kinda thing) means we could be in for a bit of fun. If we can establish an early lead and force them to longer throws the game is our and the D will feast.

O

OriolesMagicPlease

I like Mark too, but when you have a player like John Brown, who had seven targets and seven catches ,for what was it, 134 yards, you are going to play the hot hand.

Why not utilize both?

Wait, what, are you saying Mark isn't hot???

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Ravens have ruled out CB Marlon Humphrey(Thigh) and OT James Hurst(Back) for Sunday's game with Guard Alex Lewis listed as doubtful. The remaining players below are listed as questionable:

- CB Anthony Averett
- OG Bradley Bozeman
- DB/LB Anthony Levine Sr
- CB Jimmy Smith

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
Wait Jimmy Humphrey AND Averett questionable....that could be bad.

Also starting to worry about Humphrey and Hurst for next week as the team might want to save them for after the bye week.

Ravens have ruled out CB Marlon Humphrey(Thigh) and OT James Hurst(Back) for Sunday's game with Guard Alex Lewis listed as doubtful. The remaining players below are listed as questionable:

- CB Anthony Averett
- OG Bradley Bozeman
- DB/LB Anthony Levine Sr
- CB Jimmy Smith
Jimmy returns, and two games in we lose Marlon in 2 huge games...

This is life.

Tank

Hall of Famer
Was flipping around the tube and heard a guy on NFL network say that Cam would have more rushing than the entire Ravens offense. Now there’s respect for ya. lol

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Bold statement....Jimmy returns to being well uh, Jimmy.

It may not be a bold statement at all though

Crabcruncher

Practice Squad
Can someone who has seen the tape tell me if the TE issue is more because of the gameplan (like they are being kept in to block because I read a lot that they are being kept in to help whoever is at RT), or if its more that they are simply not able to get separation, or if its that they are getting separation but Flacco is simply ignoring them for some unknown reason?
Marty has recently said that he is responsible for underutilizing the rookie tight ends. Basically said they are not NFL ready yet. Which was evident last game with Hayden not turning away from the defender and protecting the catch with awareness of the defenders position to make a play and knock the ball away.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Marty has recently said that he is responsible for underutilizing the rookie tight ends. Basically said they are not NFL ready yet. Which was evident last game with Hayden not turning away from the defender and protecting the catch with awareness of the defenders position to make a play and knock the ball away.
Andrews definitely seemed NFL ready.

Crabcruncher

Practice Squad
He caught a Td on his only target of the day. Its not just the rookies, all the tight ends haven't gotten many targets the last couple weeks. I guess the front office wants to get their moneys worth out of Crabtree.