• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next up: @Carolina

Because this offense will inevitably will reach a point in the game in which they'll stagnate, it's going to be imperative to get off a fast start to see if CAR's offense can play catch-up. Also, no turnovers please (inevitable Flacco INT(s) imminent).
It's just inevitable where the offense starts hot then fizzles as the game goes on. I just really hope we put this game away early but it's just hope at this point when it comes to this offense.

O

OriolesMagicPlease

I will just keep posting this every week until someone listens.

More Mark Andrews! He is going to be something special, but he needs a chance to show it.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
It's just inevitable where the offense starts hot then fizzles as the game goes on. I just really hope we put this game away early but it's just hope at this point when it comes to this offense.
Plus, Flacco doesn't have a good history of performances when he's going up against a good defense on the road.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer

More Mark Andrews! He is going to be something special, but he needs a chance to show it.
Him and Hayden are the future, but I'm afraid they won't do much in this game since Carolina's LBs are pretty damn good.

Crabcruncher

Practice Squad

I like Mark too, but when you have a player like John Brown, who had seven targets and seven catches ,for what was it, 134 yards, you are going to play the hot hand.

Plus, Flacco doesn't have a good history of performances when he's going up against a good defense on the road.
He really doesn’t, he’s always been bad against good defenses on the road and ultimately I fear us losing this game if the offense doesn’t show up. I think we win out of desperation though as this is a must win.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor

I am wondering about this and I think it’s less that we aren’t giving him the ball and more that he’s just getting interfered with by the defender or stopped at the LOS. I’ve been meaning to confirm this but haven’t had time or forget when I watch
of all the weeks, this is the one I'm least worried about them all being hurt. I'd let certain guys rest up for the Pit game next week.
I definitely think that would be a mistake. That’s how you lose this game. We simply can’t afford to do that unless we’re up by some numbers like a Bills game. Unless you are saying sit them if this game goes like the Bills did. If you mean make guys inactive then I couldn’t disagree more. You’re right stating next week is more important but we can’t afford to lose momentum.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
He really doesn’t, he’s always been bad against good defenses on the road and ultimately I fear us losing this game if the offense doesn’t show up. I think we win out of desperation though as this is a must win.
If Flacco starts out like shit and our running game does nothing, you can best believe we're fucked. However, if the defense and special teams can force a couple of turnovers and we're fortunate enough to capitalize on these turnovers, it'd be a different story.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
I am wondering about this and I think it’s less that we aren’t giving him the ball and more that he’s just getting interfered with by the defender or stopped at the LOS. I’ve been meaning to confirm this but haven’t had time or forget when I watch

I definitely think that would be a mistake. That’s how you lose this game. We simply can’t afford to do that unless we’re up by some numbers like a Bills game. Unless you are saying sit them if this game goes like the Bills did. If you mean make guys inactive then I couldn’t disagree more. You’re right stating next week is more important but we can’t afford to lose momentum.

What momentum? And yes, I mean sit them this week. Panthers "boast" one of the least threatening wr corps we're facing during this run.The Steelers and following Bengals game are must wins to me. I highly doubt we go that route, but I wouldn't mind it, especially with the bye week after the Pit game.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
If Flacco starts out like shit and our running game does nothing, you can best believe we're fucked. However, if the defense and special teams can force a couple of turnovers and we're fortunate enough to capitalize on these turnovers, it'd be a different story.

Yea... the different story will be we're punting from mid field instead backed up in our own territory.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
What momentum? And yes, I mean sit them this week. Panthers "boast" one of the least threatening wr corps we're facing during this run.The Steelers and following Bengals game are must wins to me. I highly doubt we go that route, but I wouldn't mind it, especially with the bye week after the Pit game.
Fair point but what I meant was I don’t want us to go on a two game losing streak and get into a momentum or rut like that. I’m not sure that’s really ever happened under Harbaugh except “The Season That Won’t Be Named” but you get my point. I think the team will be desperate to get rid of that loss so I feel like we can win, but I also felt the same about last week and against the Bengals. Anything can happen so who knows. And I don’t think we should rest people and make them inactive unless hurt but I guess it depends on who you’re talking about sitting? Any specific names you want to share?

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer