• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Good, the Bad, and the Harbaugh

Taze

Practice Squad
Well Harbaugh hasn't learned. Says he doesn't see extensive change needed and we could easily be 7-2. YOU'RE 4-5 get it through your fucking head! Hopefully Bisciotti has had enough of this

ThatsMyJoeTerback

Ravens Ring of Honor
It's literally all we have to do. With the sheer amount of cap room we will have I'd be happy to keep CJ and John Brown, pay a safety and maybe a solid offensive lineman, and then just draft the trenches.

The only guys this offseason I'd consider cutting are Flacco, who I think we trade, and Brandon Williams, who is proving to be an utter waste of a contract.
Ditto all that

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Yeah. He confirmed today we wasted 1st round pick on Hurst.
I would've been content with taking Andrews in the first.

I do think Hurst will prove himself to be a really good TE over time but it's starting to hurt. We should've taken Hernandez. Yes, over Ridley too. This teams major problems are in the trenches.

Flacco is still this teams biggest handicap. Coaches can only handicap you so much.

Taze

Practice Squad
I’m officially done with wink. Too many ridiculous calls on 3rd down. 3 or 4 times we blitzed on 3rd and short and a quick slant got the first down. Idiotic.

Marty is horrible. Harbaughs only chance to save his job is firing Marty rn.

We have no pass rush. I can’t believe I’m saying this but I hope Suggs retires this year. Age finally caught up with him. He’s consistently getting beat 1v1. Hang it up and make your walk to the hall.

Let ZDS walk. Draft pass rush early this year PLEASE. We need a difference maker so badly.

Skura is horrible. Draft a lot of Oline. Obviously we can never have enough because of all these damn injuries every year.

Can’t wait for lamar next year. Gonna be fun to watch hopefully.
Wink is fine. There's not one good pass rusher or someone who can cover the middle of the field. Hard to call a defense around those decencies

ALI624

Pro Bowler
Don’t know how people are saying Hurst is a waste. He seems to have really good chemistry with Lamar. Think when Lamar does get a chance to start you will see Hurst get targeted a lot.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Don’t know how people are saying Hurst is a waste. He seems to have really good chemistry with Lamar. Think when Lamar does get a chance to start you will see Hurst get targeted a lot.
He might be good but we got Andrews in 3rd. Could have plugged another hole in 1st round, D or O line

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Flacco is still this teams biggest handicap. Coaches can only handicap you so much.
If your OC, and DC are both inept it can handicap your team entirely. With Flacco we have a release and can get rid of him next year. His entire issue is his inconsistency. In the old days when we had a running game and an actual defensive coordinator we could get away with that by leaning on Rice for the game to help us open it up. But now we can't. Is some of that his fault? Yes, because of his salary, but the bigger issue is that the FO and co, up until recently have neglected the offense, especially the trenches.

We will have cap room next year and I wouldn't object to keeping him on. He's not the biggest problem with the team and I think everyone knows it. The trenches are horrible and we simply don't invest too much in them. Which is even more maddening because we are proven to be good at drafting the oline(Stanley is a franchise LT and I never EVER want to hear anyone complain about him again after today, and Brown looks like he's going to be a really good one too). He's certainly part of the problem though.

To absolve Flacco of any blame would be dumb, but blaming everything on him is just a massive knee jerk.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Wink is fine. There's not one good pass rusher or someone who can cover the middle of the field. Hard to call a defense around those decencies
This entire problem is solved if we play the younger guys more. Wink is a problem, but not because of incompetence. This defense needs a 4-3 base to maximize the talent and we just don't use it.

ALI624

Pro Bowler
He might be good but we got Andrews in 3rd. Could have plugged another hole in 1st round, D or O line
Yep. Good thing they had that time machine to see Andrews would be there in the third. Also we have a history of taking two TEs.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
I knew our offense couldn't sustain its early season success without a running game. Ever since winning the ***** ****, the only time we made the playoffs was the only time we had a competent running game.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Still think Hayden pays dividends when Lamar takes over. Andrews will too once he fully improves his blocking. I said before the season it would be interesting to see who Flacco develops chemistry with. Andrews doesn't surprise me. I think Hurst and Andrews is a good foundation for a future passing attack that caters moreso to Lamar's skill set. I think keeping Snead and Brown is a must for Lamar as well.

The important thing is we build up the trenches for Lamar going forward and acquire another edge rusher. I want us to find a DC that can play a 4-3 base. I feel like a ton of talent is wasted because we don't

Joe played probably his worst game of the season after last weeks game. He was just awful and it's now he's had about four games where has completely stunk up the place. Time is running out for him and he needs a monster end of November and December in order to preserve his stay here.

Honestly, this defense has also stunk it up the past three games, and yes I'm including that Saints game as well because I don't see what everyone was so impressed about that day. Today they allowed a 8 minute, 16 play drive to start the half with a TD and allowed the Steelers to score on their 2nd and 3rd drive.

Also, these WRs really aren't all that. They're solid but they look good compared to last year. There's only a couple of teams you would take this offensive talent over. This is what happens when you keep letting guys like K.O, Jensen, and Wagner walk. At least try to keep one of them over paying two safeties who aren't delivering on their deals and a guy who you forget is on the field in B.W. while you're getting shredded on the run game.

If your OC, and DC are both inept it can handicap your team entirely. With Flacco we have a release and can get rid of him next year. His entire issue is his inconsistency. In the old days when we had a running game and an actual defensive coordinator we could get away with that by leaning on Rice for the game to help us open it up. But now we can't. Is some of that his fault? Yes, because of his salary, but the bigger issue is that the FO and co, up until recently have neglected the offense, especially the trenches.

We will have cap room next year and I wouldn't object to keeping him on. He's not the biggest problem with the team and I think everyone knows it. The trenches are horrible and we simply don't invest too much in them. Which is even more maddening because we are proven to be good at drafting the oline(Stanley is a franchise LT and I never EVER want to hear anyone complain about him again after today, and Brown looks like he's going to be a really good one too). He's certainly part of the problem though.

To absolve Flacco of any blame would be dumb, but blaming everything on him is just a massive knee jerk.
He's the most important player on the field. We needed him to ball out he didn’t. As for him handicapping us I’m not even talking about the contract preventing us from signing guys. The dude just sucks...he flat out sucks. Still under throwing and making bad decisions. I watched Russell Wilson put up better numbers last season than joe has ever put up with no offensive line. We could have Julio and the dude would still find some way to fuck up. He’s been toast for 3 seasons now and external talent isn’t fixing him.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Joe played probably his worst game of the season after last weeks game. He was just awful and it's now he's had about four games where has completely stunk up the place. Time is running out for him and he needs a monster end of November and December in order to preserve his stay here.

Honestly, this defense has also stunk it up the past three games, and yes I'm including that Saints game as well because I don't see what everyone was so impressed about that day. Today they allowed a 8 minute, 16 play drive to start the half with a TD and allowed the Steelers to score on their 2nd and 3rd drive.

Also, these WRs really aren't all that. They're solid but they look good compared to last year. There's only a couple of teams you would take this offensive talent over. This is what happens when you keep letting guys like K.O, Jensen, and Wagner walk. At least try to keep one of them over paying two safeties who aren't delivering on their deals and a guy who you forget is on the field in B.W. while you're getting shredded on the run game.
Have to disagree on the safeties. Weddle and Jefferson are fine. Can't disagree about the Brandon Williams contract being an utter albatross though.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Still think Hayden pays dividends when Lamar takes over. Andrews will too once he fully improves his blocking. I said before the season it would be interesting to see who Flacco develops chemistry with. Andrews doesn't surprise me. I think Hurst and Andrews is a good foundation for a future passing attack that caters moreso to Lamar's skill set. I think keeping Snead and Brown is a must for Lamar as well.

The important thing is we build up the trenches for Lamar going forward and acquire another edge rusher. I want us to find a DC that can play a 4-3 base. I feel like a ton of talent is wasted because we don't
This is beyond imperative. The defending champs this year won it because how dope they were on both sides of the trenches. If we can do the same, it'll pay dividends for Lamar's growth and development.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
He's the most important player on the field. We needed him to ball out he didn’t. As for him handicapping us I’m not even talking about the contract preventing us from signing guys. The dude just sucks...he flat out sucks. I watched Russell Wilson put up better numbers last season than joe has ever put up with no offensive line. We could have Julio and the dude would still find some way to fuck up. He’s been toast for 3 seasons now.
Numbers aren't everything and Wilson is a much better athlete and has had some solid receivers for awhile. Flacco has the receivers this season and he's been inconsistent but it's a ton of things. No run game. Battered oline. Sheer incompetence on defense. There's a bigger problem with the brain of the team. Flacco is a big reason we've had the three game losing streak but he's not the main problem here and even reviewing the tape it's been obvious. We've had horrible game plans on both sides of the ball. He's maddeningly inconsistent but the coaches have done no one any favors. We need a changing of the guard.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
When one of the reporters asked Harbs about a rumor that he's going to be fired during the bye week, he seemed genuinely surprised or at least raised his eyebrows to feign surprise. My gut tells me already knew based on how he spoke that this was the end.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
Maybe Flacco has shunned Hayden Hurst because he was a favorite target for Lamar. Kind of like how a mother bird shuns its baby birds who are touched by a human. I kid btw.

Flacco needs to go. He’s had time in the pocket at times and even then he throws shitty passes. He throws at people’s feet or throws to who knows what. His time has come to an end as far as I’m concerned.