• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2024 NFL Draft General Discussion

Would be extremely disappointed with Tyler Guyton in the 1st, personally.

I meant to ask this a few days ago but forgot.

Is Guyton better than Faalele? Sure he may have a higher ceiling but he’s definitely a developmental prospect and I don’t think he would be an upgrade this season.

52520Andrew

Pro Bowler
Positions I would like the Ravens to draft at some point just looking at needs:

WR: At least one guy with not a lot of depth behind Bateman and Flowers. How they handle Bateman's 5th year option will be telling but regardless, want at least one player.

OT: Want 2 players here, one early, one can be more developmental late. Great tackle class we should be taking advantage of and a big need with Stanley the only starter and probably gone after this year.

OG: Need some competition here as well, could really consider going 3 OL in this draft. We could get away with having the early tackle start at guard for a year but that would be more temporary and we lost both of our starters this offseason so more competition is still needed.

DL: If we get good value(Murphy or Newton falls) then I could see us going for it. Usually smart to draft at least one player, probably try to pick someone up day 3.

Edge: Need some more depth here, again if there is value it would be smart to capitalize on it.

Secondary: Would like to see us target another corner, think there is some good developmental depth this year and we have had success developing guys in the secondary. Could even see us double dip with a corner and a safety since I don't see Williams playing here past 2025.

Hoping overall we go bpa early and that we are able to cover a good chunk of these needs but can’t control who will be available. Not much longer to find out.

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator

Is Guyton better than Faalele? Sure he may have a higher ceiling but he’s definitely a developmental prospect and I don’t think he would be an upgrade this season.

As it stands, I could not say what Faalele's future holds. He doesn't feel ready based on what I saw last year. That being said, while Guyton does indeed possess intriguing tools, from a tape standpoint, he was one of my least favorite watches in this entire class. He would need significant refinement, in my eyes. I'd prefer to take an OT after the 1st if comes down to him. I could be wrong about him, but that's my preference.

Simba

Staff Member
Who has thoughts on Mike Sainristil? Starting to get some first round buzz (including here…). I liked him but didn’t love him. Wondering if I’m missing something.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
actually the biggest one I've seen at this point is that some teams consider Max Melton a 1st round pick with elite upside
Fucking love max melton. Think he’s a nickel so right off the bat idk about first round but man he’s been lowkey on my radar since i watched him back during the season

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator
Who has thoughts on Mike Sainristil? Starting to get some first round buzz (including here…). I liked him but didn’t love him. Wondering if I’m missing something.

I'd be surprised if that's not a smokescreen. I thought he was solid, but he's not the Michigan defender on my board.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

If the ravens draft him at 30 I’ll be excited about it because I have to trust that he did well in the interviews and Joe D likes him and thinks he’ll be ready to contribute by September

If they don’t think he can then they probably will pass on him if he makes it there

rossihunter2

Staff Member

There’s no way he goes 1st round
I don’t see it either

He’s an undersized nickel who plays bigger than his size but I feel like those guys exist in every class and they never go in the first two rounds

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Fucking love max melton. Think he’s a nickel so right off the bat idk about first round but man he’s been lowkey on my radar since i watched him back during the season
he can play inside and out, but I don't think he should go in the first round.

Simba

Staff Member
I'd be surprised if that's not a smokescreen. I thought he was solid, but he's not the Michigan defender on my board.

There’s no way he goes 1st round
I don’t see it either

He’s an undersized nickel who plays bigger than his size but I feel like those guys exist in every class and they never go in the first two rounds
Yep know it’s obviously smoke screen season, but I also like to prepare myself in case it’s not lol

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Yep know it’s obviously smoke screen season, but I also like to prepare myself in case it’s not lol

at some point this week im gonna do a bunch of last minute rechecks on the DBs because it feels like a while since i watched a lot of them

but in terms of guys sneaking into R1 that come out of "nowhere" - feels more like an elite athlete or EDGE type guy that would be more likely...

someone like:
Max Melton
Marshawn Kneeland
Ricky Pearsall
Braden Fiske

who are all guys that havent been mocked a lot in the 1st round but who fit the kind of guy that could sneak in towards the end as surprises

JO_75

Hall of Famer
I'm quite curious if there will be a trade prior to Thursday Night. A team like Denver or Minnesota trading with Arizona to ensure they get a QB, but I think they want to see who Washington takes before trades happen. If Washington takes Drake Maye, and Minnesota likes Maye then that could rule them out. Then again, it could be a race between Denver & Minnesota to trade up for JJ McCarthy.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I'm quite curious if there will be a trade prior to Thursday Night. A team like Denver or Minnesota trading with Arizona to ensure they get a QB, but I think they want to see who Washington takes before trades happen. If Washington takes Drake Maye, and Minnesota likes Maye then that could rule them out. Then again, it could be a race between Denver & Minnesota to trade up for JJ McCarthy.
I think if there is a trade and I do think Minnesota will trade up, then it will happen after Washington or the Patriots pick.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
at some point this week im gonna do a bunch of last minute rechecks on the DBs because it feels like a while since i watched a lot of them

but in terms of guys sneaking into R1 that come out of "nowhere" - feels more like an elite athlete or EDGE type guy that would be more likely...

someone like:
Max Melton
Marshawn Kneeland
Ricky Pearsall
Braden Fiske

who are all guys that havent been mocked a lot in the 1st round but who fit the kind of guy that could sneak in towards the end as surprises
I feel like kneeland has a real chance to get in the first. In years past that dude would have Seattle written all over him