• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2024 NFL Draft General Discussion

52520Andrew

Pro Bowler
Someone that likes Kool-Aid, talk to me about Kool-Aid (accepting drink or player discussions). I don’t hate him but I want to see what I might be missing since he’s been a popular mock choice for the Ravens. I have him more of a 2nd round grade.
I wouldn't say I am drinking the kool aid on him so to speak but assuming that top tier of 1st rounders goes, I see us basically looking at a lot of early second round type players. Part of why I am kool with a trade back if we can get one although that is easier said than done. He is in my top 26 position players so there is a universe where he is the pick and I am okay with it, especially since all of the top corners have some warts this year

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I’ve seen the plays being taken off but Worthy has the same thing on tape and I’ve heard it may be the way the offense at Texas was being ran. Possibly one side of the field type of reads for the QB.
Another thing I’ve heard regarding his attitude is that he is diabetic and doesn’t have it under control so he can be abrasive at times. However, with Mandrews on the team I think we may be equipped to handle that situation.
As for Bishop I can definitely see him going before 130. I like his game.
Andrews is under control and what I don't know about Mitchell is if he has type 1 or 2 diabetes. Andrews is on insulin and has type 1 diabetes which is harder to control than type 2.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I wouldn't say I am drinking the kool aid on him so to speak but assuming that top tier of 1st rounders goes, I see us basically looking at a lot of early second round type players. Part of why I am kool with a trade back if we can get one although that is easier said than done. He is in my top 26 position players so there is a universe where he is the pick and I am okay with it, especially since all of the top corners have some warts this year

my 24th and 35th players have very similar grades...

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
a lot of those spread college offences run stuff like that - they dont do a lot of WR subbing so they let guys on the opposite side of the field take plays off basically

only seen the diabetes stuff recently from some scouts and think the fact that guys are still saying that shit when Andrews is doing what he does is a bit stupid

when there's character stuff reported (like Adonai and Jermaine Burton), hard to speculate what's actually going on and so hard to factor that in
Agree, it's a bit ridiculous. That being said, I have a friend who has type 1 diabetes and he thinks its amazing that Mark Andrews can do what he does with Type 1. I've heard that Mark Andrews tests his blood sugar every time he's off the field, so there is a difference between someone who has it under control and someone who doesn't.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
yeah ive got him on that borderline late 1st/early 2nd type grade range
im not in love with him - feels safe that he'll be at least OK as an outside CB at the next level but doesnt have that many standout qualities vs other guys projected in that range - would be pretty underwhelmed by that selection if he's the guy at 30 tbh
I like what I see with Kool-Aid and feel he can play in any system at a high level. I just feel he is being overlooked and definitely worth a first round pick. Is he Sauce, maybe not, but he could be one of the best cb's in this class. Dude is smart as hell.

He’s got both the springs and explosiveness you want to see on the outside. Has the twitch to be able to mirror and match any type of receiver he faces. Good over man coverage ability and great spatial awareness. He can get a bit grabby and handsy at times, but thats coachable.

Many people weren't high on Humphries either when we drafted him and we got him at 16.