• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Week 1 Discussion (Football is Back Baby!)

Goff is now 2-0 against Mahomes, and man that reminded me of when we beat them in 2021. I know it's a NFC Opponent but anytime the Chiefs lose, it's a good day.
Haha I thought it was such a dumb opening gane scheduled but man I got right into that game. Woohoo!

JO_75

Hall of Famer
giphy.gif

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Dan Campbell has to be one of the best coaches in the league with the way he turned that team around.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
You mean like how Mahomes was Mahomes today with mediocre weapons?
Tua got the best deep ball wrs in the game and still cant throw the ball deep down field.
Imo, lamar has better weapons than arod but in no way will he be able to throw the ball as accurate as him. Winston lead nfl in ints with 34, brady comes along and only throws like 5..
you can tell if a qb really got it and guys like borruw and mahommes really got it.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Every Offensive Tackle suiting up on Sunday and Monday should be taking note, do this same thing cause apparently the refs won't call it. Lions really need to get a stop here, get a stop, and kill the clock and get out with the win. It's time for these young Lions to step up, 7 minutes left and a one point lead.

Lots of OTs do do the same thing - this isn’t new…

Lane Johnson’s been doing his own version for years - there’s a loophole in the rules that OTs can exploit

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
Burrow without Chase can look really bad, see that Halloween browns game. Mahomes still looked great tonight and his WRs let him down
Honestly the WRs let him down but the refs were doing everything they could by letting Taylor line up illegally and false start every single play. It was the strangest thing I ever saw. I am pretty sure the only reason they Lions were not complaining is because it made it VERY obvious when it was a run play or a pass play.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
It’s legal - it’s not a false start

When it got so bad that the broadcast actually had to bring in the former ref to call out that he was constantly false starting and lined up illegally on almost every play, than it is a really tall order to try and claim otherwise. The only argument I have seen that he was not being awful was that he might have known that crew only called 1 illegal formation penalty in each of the last 2 seasons, but knowing you can get away with a penalty does not make it not a penalty.

However I not seen anyone try and argue he was not constantly committing a false start or lining up in an illegal formation because you can very easily see both were happening constantly.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Anthony Richardson is look really promising. His biggest issue now is picking his battles. The guy is huge, but he doesn't need to be fighting linemen and LBs for a couple extra yards, or trying to extend every single play. However, despite being compared to players like Jamarcus Russell, and seen as a bad pick by many AR went out there and held his own in his game against a legit NFL defense. Plus he seems to have gotten some real chemistry with Pittman Jr.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
So we still dealing with blackouts even with streaming. Eagles-Patriots and Packers-Bears blacked out on Sunday Ticket. Though Paramount Plus shows Eagles-Patriots.