• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next up: vs. Bengals

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Over the last 3 weeks, teams have piled up literally a mile of yards on Bengals D. AJ Green is out with toe injury. Hue Jackson is back in - this time as an assistant to HC.

What could go wrong, right? Should be the easiest win we have had all season, regardless of who lines up under center.

Discuss.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
this should be a cakewalk and yet it never is against the bengals

no matter who's under centre though, the offence has to get healthy against a bengals team that is historically bad on defence

build some momentum and rhythm on offence and suddenly the future looks brighter because this is the first of 5 successive games where we play 5 of the worst defences in the nfl all in a row

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Ravens: 67
Bengals: 40

In all seriousness, either win out/win 6 out of the last 7 or GTFO and enter #TankSzn (no @Tank , I'm not talking about you lol).

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
I have a feeling that M.Lewis will call another (style of) defense and Marty will not be prepared at all.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think this game will be very telling of the team and its future. Lose and our playoff hopes are officially done as far I'm concerned.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
I only saw this on twitter, but Snead said that they will be ready no matter who starts at QB Flacco or Jackson.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
With Marvin Lewis calling the plays now, I am convinced their defense will get their shit together vs us

rossihunter2

Staff Member
interestingly joe flacco was not in the locker room when reporters were allowed in
both jackson and griffin were asked questions - here's some of zrebiec's tweets:

• Robert Griffin III said he’s preparing this week like he does every week. Hasn’t been active all year but he could be Sunday with Flacco ailing.
  • Ravens have continually mentioned Griffin as an option to start even if it seems unlikely.
  • Lamar Jackson said he’s “preparing for whatever. ... I don’t know what’s going to happen.” Said he’ll be ready and prepared.
  • Jackson said he threw a lot of “ducks” early in camp. Said it was adjustment to An NFL football.
  • Jackson admits he’ll feel some nerves if he’s called upon. But things they will pass quickly.
  • Jackson said it’s doctors job to worry about Flacco’s hip “but I hope he’s well. He’s on my team so definitely.”
  • Joe Flacco wasn't in locker room when it was open to reporters. Both Lamar Jackson and Robert Griffin III were and they spoke. Whether they truly know by now who is starting Sunday isn't clear. What is clear is Ravens determined to keep it in house as long as possible

couple of interesting things in there...

rossihunter2

Staff Member
and a cool picture from Mink:

Dr-uMJIX4Ak24FB.jpg:large

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I know right? It’s like everyone rebounds off of us.
Always man, the thing that has pissed me off the most over the years, and this is irrelevant to the Bengals, is how josh fucking mccown as a backup has been able to beat us, hasn’t he beat us twice with 2 different shit teams since the super bowl?

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
If Flacco isn't 100%, I'd be really pissed of if they start him over Lamar.
If they start Lamar, I'd be pissed off thousand times more because I can't watch the game live to see his first start.
Fucking work.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
If Flacco isn't 100%, I'd be really pissed of if they start him over Lamar.
If they start Lamar, I'd be pissed off thousand times more because I can't watch the game live to see his first start.
Fucking work.
Quit your job and fuck your life up, fuckin yolo fam

JAAM

Hall of Famer
This will be an L. Come on ya'll. The Bengals own us.