• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Clunky, The Win and The Injuries... Again

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Ankle sprain for Tyler. Thank fuck

Last edited:

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
Harbaugh just said

-Dobbins surgery Friday, he’ll be back stronger next year, good spirits
-Williams out for a while, not season ending but needs to make a decision soon, looking at maybe surgery
-Stanley and Tyler out for next game most likely, week to week
-Andrews and Humph maybe, refer to report this week

Fuck the fucking Bengals and overrated Joe Brrrrr

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
So basically...
Dobbins out for the year.
Marcus Williams to miss awhile. My guess is multiple months, similar to last season.
Linderbaum and Stanley are shorter injuries. Others reported high ankle sprain for Linderbaum. That's typically at least 3-4 weeks.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
The defense showed us a lot of the things we've been hoping for in the off-season.

Queen and Roquan maintained their high level play.
Darby was surprisingly good for his first game back from an ACL and Stephens was nowhere near as bad as I feared.
Oweh looked like he's taken a step forward, Madu got consistent pressure and Clowney was good.

The caveat is Houston's injured O LIne made the pass rush look better and gave Stroud less time to pick on our corners. We probably need to see it next week before we can fully relax.

i think with oweh, you can definitely caveat OL play
but one of his biggest issues for his first two years has been his get-off and he looked so much better there yesterday and with his athleticism that might be game-changing for him...

time will tell obviously

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Interesting last question/segment from John. Went asked about what he thinks is the driver for injuries, he basically said he thinks the NFL is antiquated with its offseason program. Not enough ramp-up and practice time for the players. Thinks structure of the offseason is too short.

Also partially amuses me because the NFLPA in the last decade has pushed very hard for reducing practice workloads, less mandatory practices, substantial breaks in portion of the offseason, etc.

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
Interesting last question/segment from John. Went asked about what he thinks is the driver for injuries, he basically said he thinks the NFL is antiquated with its offseason program. Not enough ramp-up and practice time for the players. Thinks structure of the offseason is too short.

Also partially amuses me because the NFLPA in the last decade has pushed very hard for reducing practice workloads, less mandatory practices, substantial breaks in portion of the offseason, etc.
Maybe that could explain Dobbins and Williams but the lineman roll up BS is just BS luck

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
not only do we have those screens
Zay has the ability to make guys look silly in space too

dont have to use it, but another huge weapon in the arsenal that you have to account for on the outside
That play where lamar hit zay on that left side.. i feel like zay couldve sat there in that zone and made the pass easier and less riskier for lamar but then i saw from a different view and zay was looking from his right shoulder so im not sure what to think of it

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
So what? Dobbins, Linderbaum, and Williams to IR? Gordon, Mustipher, Worley activated? Mekari at LT next week? Probably no Marlon. Andrews?

Actual garbage start to the season

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
stanley probably got a much better chance of going than linderbaum for sure
Does that mean Mekari moves to center and Faalele moves to LT?