• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: vs Colts

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
So in the "traditional sense", it's a classic trap game. Inferior opponent sandwiched in between two tough division games, and especially coming off a big, emotional win. Historically, it's the prototype spot for a massive letdown by the superior team. History doesn't necessarily suggest losing it per say, but a much closer game than people expect is certainly possible (also why the sharps are in on Indy this week).

However, also historically, Lamar doesn't really have "trap games". It was an expected thing with Flacco, but not with Lamar.

Since start of 2019, Lamar has lost 15 regular season games. One he was injured early and didn't finish.
Of the other 14, only 3 losses were to teams that didn't make the playoffs that year, and two were teams who finished the year with a weaker record than ours.

So the teams we generally lose to in the Lamar era are effectively "good teams" (playoff teams). We rarely get beat by an inferior opponent when Lamar plays the whole game.
That's actually just really true. Thanks for posting that

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
1695440926628.png

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
And someone said it's gonna rain during the game, right? You know what this game kinda remind me of? The 2017 home game against the Colts.
The parallels are there. Going up against a backup QB, weather being shitty, and wearing black (this time being the pants rather than the jersey).

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
The only positive is only 2 injuries so far have seemingly been potentially season ending: JK and Washington

Everyone else is apparently likely to return at some point

Sucks that they’re missing but I’d rather they miss time at this end of the season than later…
Yes but look at how we've been conditioned. Bright side is we've only lost our RB1 and Nickel CB1 to season ending injury after 2 weeks.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
My fantasy apps already listed Justice Hill as “out.”

We just came out and said we’re activating Melvin Gordon from the PS.

We still need another back for gameday no? Wonder if they’ll elevate Drake gameday as well.

Tank

Hall of Famer
It was never a reason to blame anyone imo.. unfortunate injuries just happen sometimes. Only thing we can blame the ravens staff on is the handling of those injuries
If I remember correctly the training staff graded pretty good in the NFLPA survey.

Last edited:

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Ok!, My wife, daughter, and I drove up to Baltimore earlier today for the game tomorrow. This is my first time back since Covid-19 started (3 y ears). How come you cats didn't tell me that the stores in the Harbor were empty and shut down? Nothing to see like there was back in the day? It's a freakin ghost town down there in those plazas and that mini-mall across the street. You cats should have warned a brotha. Damn! :brickwall: :D :cool:

Simba

Staff Member
Ok!, My wife, daughter, and I drove up to Baltimore earlier today for the game tomorrow. This is my first time back since Covid-19 started (3 y ears). How come you cats didn't tell me that the stores in the Harbor were empty and shut down? Nothing to see like there was back in the day? It's a freakin ghost town down there in those plazas and that mini-mall across the street. You cats should have warned a brotha. Damn! :brickwall: :D :cool:
Probably because no one that is actually from Baltimore goes to the Inner Harbor lol. Pop over to Harbor East and Fells Point and there's plenty of stuff to do that isn't a tourist trap.

Tank

Hall of Famer

Probably because no one that is actually from Baltimore goes to the Inner Harbor lol. Pop over to Harbor East and Fells Point and there's plenty of stuff to do that isn't a tourist trap.

Yeah, the developers/owners of Harborplace failed to update/invest and it went way south. It was recently sold and hopefully it gets properly redeveloped, it’s a great location.

Last edited:

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I second this. Fells has legendary bar hopping for all crowds. Me and my wife are not the bar going type at all but even we had a blast.