• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: vs Colts

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Probably because no one that is actually from Baltimore goes to the Inner Harbor lol. Pop over to Harbor East and Fells Point and there's plenty of stuff to do that isn't a tourist trap.
We're only here for one day. We're heading back to VA after the game tomorrow. So, it wasn't that we were looking for a whole lot to do in the Harbor. I'm quite familiar with other spots but It would have been nice to walk down to the shops (not too far from our hotel) that used to be in the Harbor to spend/waste some time while we were here. :cool:

Last edited:

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Yeah, the developers/owners of Harborplace failed to update/invest and it went way south. It was recently sold and hopefully it gets properly redeveloped, it’s a great location.
I asked someone today about it and heard a similar story.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Probably because no one that is actually from Baltimore goes to the Inner Harbor lol. Pop over to Harbor East and Fells Point and there's plenty of stuff to do that isn't a tourist trap.
exactly. Hell I live in the DC area and don't go to Inner Harbour. I've always liked Fells Point also.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
Yeah, the developers/owners of Harborplace failed to update/invest and it went way south. It was recently sold and hopefully it gets properly redeveloped, it’s a great location.
I would love to see it come back. Over the past 20 years it has died a slow death. The Inner Harbor used to be the place to be in Baltimore. Charm City has my heart and always will. I am getting old but, I hope it regains most of its charm in the very future. I would love to see a revitalization and renaissance in my lifetime.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
I would love to see it come back. Over the past 20 years it has died a slow death. The Inner Harbor used to be the place to be in Baltimore. Charm City has my heart and always will. I am getting old but, I hope it regains most of its charm in the very future. I would love to see a revitalization and renaissance in my lifetime.
Living in the suburbs of Baltimore , I can tell you that quite a few people I know have quit going down to the city due to crime , even during the day.
A lot of money that was flowing into the city years ago has been curtailed quite a bit.
It’s a shame but it’s reality.

Tank

Hall of Famer

Living in the suburbs of Baltimore , I can tell you that quite a few people I know have quit going down to the city due to crime , even during the day.
A lot of money that was flowing into the city years ago has been curtailed quite a bit.
It’s a shame but it’s reality.
Yeah, the development of the Inner Harbor is what made Baltimore city a tourist and entertainment destination back in the 80s. Harborplace and the Aquarium reinvented what was pretty much just an old port.

There needs to be a drastic change in direction with the city government to get serious about taking back the streets and turn things around. Not sure how that's going to happen.

Nurps

Ravens Ring of Honor
Yeah, that would be great. I have such fond memories of the Harbor from when I was a kid. The Constellation and submarine, Science Center, Power Plant, and especially going to the Aquarium AT LEAST every other week. I remember them having juggling acts and other street performers. Really sad hearing about whats its become.

Anywho, GO RAVENS!!!!!

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
We fucking didn't deserve to win this game. Absolutely fucking snatched defeat from several jaws of victory! I am seriously considering disowning my adopted son, Lamar after this cowardly performance.