• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: vs Colts

Simba

Staff Member
Harbaugh confirmed Jeremiah Moon is playing on Sunday, so that's 1 elevation. Might need to add 2 RBs still with Hill seemingly out, so smells like a roster move might be coming. I'm not even sure there's an obvious move to be made - maybe you drop Josh Johnson for a week and see if you can work something out there?

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Interesting to see what roster move, if any, they make. If they want a full roster for Sunday, they'll need to cut somebody or put somebody on IR.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Sad I'm gonna miss so many guys playing live. Especially OBJ. Also sad I'll miss Richardson.

Not sure why people including the media have been calling this a trap game. This isn't a bad team and one who's played us and lots of others tight for years. Plus Minshew is a great backup QB.

I mean I think we win even with injuries but I don't see a blowout coming

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Sad I'm gonna miss so many guys playing live. Especially OBJ. Also sad I'll miss Richardson.

Not sure why people including the media have been calling this a trap game. This isn't a bad team and one who's played us and lots of others tight for years. Plus Minshew is a great backup QB.

Nah you’re being overly cautious brother. We’re about to wreck these dudes

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Sunday looks like high 60s, rainy and windy.
Seeing 90% of rain through out the entire game …. Ok let’s bring Roman back for one game

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor

So in the "traditional sense", it's a classic trap game. Inferior opponent sandwiched in between two tough division games, and especially coming off a big, emotional win. Historically, it's the prototype spot for a massive letdown by the superior team. History doesn't necessarily suggest losing it per say, but a much closer game than people expect is certainly possible (also why the sharps are in on Indy this week).

However, also historically, Lamar doesn't really have "trap games". It was an expected thing with Flacco, but not with Lamar.

Since start of 2019, Lamar has lost 15 regular season games. One he was injured early and didn't finish.
Of the other 14, only 3 losses were to teams that didn't make the playoffs that year, and two were teams who finished the year with a weaker record than ours.

So the teams we generally lose to in the Lamar era are effectively "good teams" (playoff teams). We rarely get beat by an inferior opponent when Lamar plays the whole game.