• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: Raiders

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
They ate it up so much that players were yelling at coaches about not getting the ball? This is the Tim Tebow argument all over again when people swore that his energy made the defense better because they just wanted to give him credit for things he had nothing to do with.
They were yelling at the coaches because they were calling designed runs on 3rd and long in the red zone...

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
They ate it up so much that players were yelling at coaches about not getting the ball? This is the Tim Tebow argument all over again when people swore that his energy made the defense better because they just wanted to give him credit for things he had nothing to do with.
Damn you people really will try to say absolutely anything to hate on Lamar. What a bunch of shit

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Damn you people really will try to say absolutely anything to hate on Lamar. What a bunch of shit
The absolute best one is the CONSTANT talk of him hitting Alex Lewis in the head and how that’s an indication of him being a bad passer... I’m sorry, how many of joes balls have been batted at the line?

You can see Harbaugh is working to push off any attempts by the media to stir a QB controversy. His presser was about as salty as I’ve seen him be post-victory.

He’ll avoid controversy this week by the fact that Flacco is likely just not going to be ready. We’ll get another look at Jackson and this time with what will likely be more of a passing approach.

If we win and Lamar looks decent but not great the controversy will be unavoidable the following week.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
You can see Harbaugh is working to push off any attempts by the media to stir a QB controversy. His presser was about as salty as I’ve seen him be post-victory.

He’ll avoid controversy this week by the fact that Flacco is likely just not going to be ready. We’ll get another look at Jackson and this time with what will likely be more of a passing approach.

If we win and Lamar looks decent but not great the controversy will be unavoidable the following week.

i love how fired up he got about the lamar arm questions

allblackraven

Hall of Famer

You cannot be any more pathetic if you tried.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Gotta give John some credit when it comes to Lamar, he’s made it apparent to the media he’s a QB since the moment we drafted him. To him that shit is asinine.
And very telling since we know harbaughs tendency to doubt, punish, and handhold rookies.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
I hope Gus Edwards gets the majority of the workload. He’s clearly a better fit right now.
Whats crazy is that it even looked that way during the preseason.. im confused to why they just now tried him out when lamar also gets his first start.. maybe cause he actually hits the holes rather than dancing?

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
The absolute best one is the CONSTANT talk of him hitting Alex Lewis in the head and how that’s an indication of him being a bad passer... I’m sorry, how many of joes balls have been batted at the line?
Lewis is also 6'6" while Lamar is 6'3". I don't understand why people are using that against him as a passer.

PurpleGecko

Practice Squad
Howcome joe gets his ball batted so much? I just dont understand
I can't speak based off fact but I would assume issues with when he decides to throw when there's interior pressure just leads to bad timing. Also the pocket collapsing from the interior gaps probably also leads to guys being able to put their hands up and knock balls down more easily

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Howcome joe gets his ball batted so much? I just dont understand
The problem is that everyone parrots cliches about mobile QBs and when they finally get a taste of him they cling on to the one thing they can so they can say “I TOLD YA SO” because they’re all so old school and believe pocket passers are the only way

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I can't speak based off fact but I would assume issues with when he decides to throw when there's interior pressure just leads to bad timing. Also the pocket collapsing from the interior gaps probably also leads to guys being able to put their hands up and knock balls down more easily

which is why lamar changing throwing angles in his first start to avoid the rush and clutter in the passing lanes is crazy to see given that joe never has done that in 11 years

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
The thing is, Joe has done it for years now. It's a combo of lack of mobility, lack of timely reads, failing to release on time. Some of those were probably unavoidable due to crap play/route running by receivers over the years but majority you have to put on 6'6" QB.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor

Yes how dare I not kiss the ring and say he is going to be better than Rodgers after 1 game where he did okay against a bad D that has been playing bad for a month.

Okay I'll talk like the rest of the forum and say that if only our coaches weren't holding him back he could set NFL Yards record and TD record in just last 6 games