• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: Raiders

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Yes how dare I not kiss the ring and say he is going to be better than Rodgers after 1 game where he did okay against a bad D that has been playing bad for a month.

Okay I'll talk like the rest of the forum and say that if only our coaches weren't holding him back he could set NFL Yards record and TD record in just last 6 games
You got that wrong. We are just hoping that he'll be better than Joe, which is not a stretch by any means.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
LMAO... SO SALTY... hahahahaha.

Nah I will admit it made me roll my eyes, but overreactions are a thing I am used to around here, but not overreacting does not make one "desperate to hate on Jackson", heck on the first page of this thread I said he will probably be better than Joe against Raiders because of how bad there run D is.

I'm just not going to say that the formula for winning last game is either sustainable over 16 games or a recipe for success even if it were.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
He gets balls batted so much because he stares down receivers and the rushers see that and are able to time the jumps right.

Lamar figured out two tricks to fix that.

Trick 1, if you never throw it, they can't bat it down.

Trick 2, when 1 isn't possible hitting your OLine in helmet makes it so the defense can't either.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Nah I will admit it made me roll my eyes, but overreactions are a thing I am used to around here, but not overreacting does not make one "desperate to hate on Jackson", heck on the first page of this thread I said he will probably be better than Joe against Raiders because of how bad there run D is.

I'm just not going to say that the formula for winning last game is either sustainable over 16 games or a recipe for success even if it were.
Of course it's not sustainable but that's on coaches, not Lamar.
Kind of like Flacco throwing 50+ times in a game is not on Flacco either.

redrum52

Hall of Famer

No one here thinks it's sustainable or a good approach.

redrum52

Hall of Famer

Trick 2, when 1 isn't possible hitting your OLine in helmet makes it so the defense can't either.

You forgot Trick 3. Throwing right into the defenders hands. Pretty sure Joe coached him up for that one...

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
But I can point out which one of those has us at a 100% win rate and which one has us at like a 1% win rate over the past decade...

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
I wonder how much truth there is to this narrative. I’m not sure the coaches purposely asked Lamar to run so much. I think that was on Lamar. I could be wrong but I thought I heard John say something that made me get that impression. I think it was his post game interview I’ll go back and listen

No one here thinks it's sustainable or a good approach.
Nobody should because that will obviously not work at all. I feel like people ragging on Lamar to be unbiased come across disingenuous because of course nobody expects that many runs from the QB every game and if you do you’re frankly an idiot.

But I can point out which one of those has us at a 100% win rate and which one has us at like a 1% win rate over the past decade...
I’m not siding with any “side” here but that’s hardly a fair statement right now. CIN was the perfect game to introduce Lamar to the NFL because of his skill set and Joe has a high number of those games. Just not a fair comp.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I wonder how much truth there is to this narrative. I’m not sure the coaches purposely asked Lamar to run so much. I think that was on Lamar. I could be wrong but I thought I heard John say something that made me get that impression. I think it was his post game interview I’ll go back and listen

Nobody should because that will obviously not work at all. I feel like people ragging on Lamar to be unbiased come across disingenuous because of course nobody expects that many runs from the QB every game and if you do you’re frankly an idiot.

I’m not siding with any “side” here but that’s hardly a fair statement right now. CIN was the perfect game to introduce Lamar to the NFL because of his skill set and Joe has a high number of those games. Just not a fair comp.
I know, was just talking shit really

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I tend to believe it was more a game plan than Lamar doing it on his own. Why would Snead yell at Marty otherwise?

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
Looking forward: I think we have a chance to beat the Chargers. They lost against the broncos because they couldn't close out the game as usual via their running game. Rivers had to throw it. We need to have the same approach. The only loss I see as given is obviously against the Chiefs.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
I tend to believe it was more a game plan than Lamar doing it on his own. Why would Snead yell at Marty otherwise?
Yeah don’t get me wrong I was of the same mind. I just thought what Harbaugh said was strange if that’s completely true. I definitely don’t think Snead was upset with Lamar.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Yeah don’t get me wrong I was of the same mind. I just thought what Harbaugh said was strange if that’s completely true. I definitely don’t think Snead was upset with Lamar.
On the other hand - the run on 3rd down and a lot was just an awesome thing, no matter whose decision it was.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Looking forward: I think we have a chance to beat the Chargers. They lost against the broncos because they couldn't close out the game as usual via their running game. Rivers had to throw it. We need to have the same approach. The only loss I see as given is obviously against the Chiefs.

images
images
images
images

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
What about Julio/Ridley/Sanu onslaught?
What about Fitzmagic and Evans tearing us apart?
And don't forget we lost to Baker already once.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

When Lamar through the ball he was not staring down receivers and was able to hold the safety. His movement in the pocket was incredible, something Joe Flacco has never done well and I’m not talking about scrambling. He provides so much upside and the willingness to learn and get better. Look at his mechanics in college and now and tell me he hasn’t changed them and improved tremendously.