• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Hamilton, The Injuries and The Self-Inflicted Wounds

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
Never worth schedule watching but damn dropping that Colts game could hurt. This schedule could end up being brutal, the last few are hard. Browns last few games are cake

rossihunter2

Staff Member
There's a video of the All-22 floating around via Cole Jackson and they were running vertical routes. Lamar had no one to go to.

He did try to get rid of it, but alas.

earlier in the game a similar blitz occurred and andrews snapped off his route and lamar turned it into a positive play
on this play he never turned around and you rightly point out there was nowhere to go

i guess the only argument is that as soon as no one else adjusted for the blitz, lamar should have known it was a dead play and thrown it away instantly - but tough to tell a QB like lamar that any play is dead that soon after the snap...

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I am glad Harbs took ownership of the safety punt fiasco. Said without saying directly that he was too focused on the onside punt aspect and not enough about the rest of the possibilities.

im guessing the fact that they went to the 2 minute warning before the play and then put time back on the clock may have also caused some chaos

obviously if it's sub-2 minutes when the punt is made then fair-catching is the right call...

rossihunter2

Staff Member
That's my singular gripe with Monkens offense so far. He seems completely content to move slowly down the field. And to largely call conservatively. I feel like if he keeps what he's doing 80% and opens if up a bit more aggressively this offense would be perfect

i think he's been good at times - remember some of the lack of moving things downfield is lamar taking what the defence gives him and/or taking the checkdown etc.

it's the going into your shell in the 4th quarter that's frustrating - when we've passed the ball in quick game and also downfield, we were moving the ball with consistency and causing problems - our rushing attack was able to beat up on a weak(er than normal) bengals front with Gus, we werent going to be able to finish this game with melvin gordon/kenyon drake running behind sam mustipher into deforest buckner...

just felt like monken got small in the big moment there

but ive got no problem with calling for methodical slow-moving offensive drives... if that's what the defence is dictating we have to do

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
I was really confused when the game clock was on the wrong side of the 2:00. That's actually a really underrated mistake.
Didn't read through all the comments since I was out-of-town. John's been getting buried by the media for this one. Evidently he took the blame, since they didn't review with Flowers that the clock had been moved back to outside the two minute warning.

It was easily one of the biggest mistakes of the game.

Three straight weeks where we've been the second best team on ST on the field each week.

I believe we are either top 5 or 6 in DVOA on offense and defense. We are bottom 5 DVOA on special teams. When you're going to have so many starters missing time, you can't afford to be bad on ST.