• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Hamilton, The Injuries and The Self-Inflicted Wounds

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
Well I’m even more mad we lost to the Colts after the bengals winning, and watching the eagles take care of business also made me mad. Damn you Harbaugh you have to be better

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Well I’m even more mad we lost to the Colts after the bengals winning, and watching the eagles take care of business also made me mad. Damn you Harbaugh you have to be better
Yep, should be leading the division with a perfect mark Vs AFC teams. But I’m sure we’ll stumble our way to another wildcard game

Last edited:

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Bengals home cooking refs too just annoy me we couldn’t even get one call in our game, let alone two blatant misses
Don’t sweat it, they aren’t making the playoffs unless Burrow gets magically healthy. You’ll get the last laugh over those dudes

Tank

Hall of Famer
Lamar was still looking to his left, whether at the defense or a receiver none of us know, but he certainly wasn't anywhere near ready for the ball to be snapped when Mustipher rolled it along the ground to his feet. It doesn't take great detective skills to work out whose fault it was.

( Unless you're just ignoring the worthless background evidence of your own eyes. )
Thanks Sherlock, I never would have figured that out. I guess there's no chance there was a missed communication between the two, Mustipher just went brain dead, had a seizure or something and hiked the ball. lol
Wasn't looking to fault/blame anyone, just wondered what happened. And you're right, none of us know, thought maybe someone heard an explanation from a player or coach.
Also, you might want to look at the play again. While it was a bad snap I think it was just very low, not "rolled along the ground."

QtR Nevermore

Pro Bowler
Thanks Sherlock, I never would have figured that out. I guess there's no chance there was a missed communication between the two, Mustipher just went brain dead, had a seizure or something and hiked the ball. lol
Wasn't looking to fault/blame anyone, just wondered what happened. And you're right, none of us know, thought maybe someone heard an explanation from a player or coach.
Also, you might want to look at the play again. While it was a bad snap I think it was just very low, not "rolled along the ground."
OK, Lestrade, but you don't seem to have seen that Lamar hadn't even got to the snap count portion of the play by the time Mustipher released the ball very low and inaccurately but not actually along the ground (Better?) so what communication problem could have caused that?

It was just a simple mistake, the same as when a Tackle randomly jumps out of their stance way too early. It just happens from time to time.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
OK, Lestrade, but you don't seem to have seen that Lamar hadn't even got to the snap count portion of the play by the time Mustipher released the ball very low and inaccurately but not actually along the ground (Better?) so what communication problem could have caused that?

It was just a simple mistake, the same as when a Tackle randomly jumps out of their stance way too early. It just happens from time to time.
He is looking for every opportunity to blame Lamar. It's painful.

This just feels like a very obvious case of Occam's Razor. Mustipher snapped early. Like you said- mistakes happen.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
He is looking for every opportunity to blame Lamar. It's painful.

This just feels like a very obvious case of Occam's Razor. Mustipher snapped early. Like you said- mistakes happen.

We had this conversation with some guys who look at film and they all said that the ball should not have been snapped. The C reacted to what the defender was doing.

Simba

Staff Member
Kyle Hamilton was such a dog. When Marcus returns, I have a hard time seeing the base nickel being anything but Hamilton inside with Williams and Stone deep. I'm sure other guys will rotate in there but I think we're doing Kyle a disservice by keeping him away from what he did best last year.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Kyle Hamilton was such a dog. When Marcus returns, I have a hard time seeing the base nickel being anything but Hamilton inside with Williams and Stone deep. I'm sure other guys will rotate in there but I think we're doing Kyle a disservice by keeping him away from what he did best last year.

KYLE HAMILTON = TROY POLAMALU 2.0

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Same, this is exactly what I’ve been asking for since I saw stone start last week. I can’t remember a bad game from him and he’s been a dog since preseason and hes done really well as a full time starter. It would be STUPID to take either him or hamilton off the field when stone is a starting caliber safety, and hamilton could possibly just change how we view the nickel position by being such a weapon from there, like he might be less of a safety than stone, but he looks like a game changer from nickel, in todays nfl you can employ a full time nickel if he’s that size, and that gets him the most plays on the ball possible.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I think the annoying thing too is that it’s not like the Colts were better, and it’s not like we were bad in the grand scheme of things. Just made too many mistakes and couldn’t capitalize when the moment was there

yeah, even more frustrating because there were tons of moments all game where you could see it clicking and see the vision on both sides of the ball (and it was working)

but too many self-inflicted wounds to overcome

when you put the ball on the ground on 4 straight drives, that's a recipe for disaster
play-calling a big factor in the 4th quarter and overtime getting scared of losing and just invited the colts into the game to finish

love the first look at monken's offence schematically and what it allows us to do - but not a fan of the playcalling to end that colts game (with 4 RBs unavailable, why are you taking the ball out of lamar's hands when it matters?)

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Also Lamar has to stop fumbling.
He can’t take that sack. Gotta know when to get rid of it in time

However I'm very happy with our secondary. Decimated, no consistent pass rush and young. Yet they don't allow big plays apart from one 50/50 ball today.

one 50/50 ball where the receiver made a play
not even the classic brandon stephens preseason not finding the ball play - literally had his hand in the breadbasket and ripped through and pittman's hands were strong enough not to let the ball get pulled out

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Do you think Lamar played badly today? He had a couple of boneheaded plays - trying to tuck it with bodies all around, and not throwing it away late - but 101 yds rushing with 2 TDs and 71% completions (which would have been 74% if Likely had caught the ball that hit his chest, and 77% if Zay hadn't been tackled on a route) is a pretty good game.

i just wish Monken had called a few more passes.

he also had a throwaway (his first incompletion of the day)

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
Not quite sure why but I went and rewatched highlights and it’s shocking we lost.

In OT we stop them and return the punt past midfield, surely we win there. Nope, ok we stop them at midfield on 4th down. Surely we win there. Nope