• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Lamar, The Andrews and The Injuries (because of course...)

rossihunter2

Staff Member
He’s just gotta keep it up. Worried he goes our typical vet route that starts strong and fades down the stretch because they’re forced to play way more snaps than anticipated

need oweh, need bowser

maybe the position that we're most interested in on deadline day? or if we're confident in oweh and bowser's return then maybe we stand pat with those 2 and clowney and KVN with Robinson as the 5th guy on the depth chart...

got to think we're buyers at the trade deadline - but hard to see which players and positions we might be targeting

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
need oweh, need bowser

maybe the position that we're most interested in on deadline day? or if we're confident in oweh and bowser's return then maybe we stand pat with those 2 and clowney and KVN with Robinson as the 5th guy on the depth chart...

got to think we're buyers at the trade deadline - but hard to see which players and positions we might be targeting
I would think it would be Corner, Pass Rusher, or RB. Probably in that order.
I think they like all three groups enough to roll with it, but we could obviously use another playmaking Corner. I think Pass rush probably glaring weakness now, but we'd have to see what that looks like when Bowser and Oweh are back.

I guess potentially interior Oline maybe if somebody really good became available or if we suffer an injury there.

Simba

Staff Member
need oweh, need bowser

Could enhance the pass rush via the DL too. Really only have Madubuike and Broddy to a lesser extent there.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Could enhance the pass rush via the DL too. Really only have Madubuike and Broddy to a lesser extent there.

I’m guessing we’ll be trying to shop cheap to find a guy being sold low because it’s at the deadline

Position may not matter as much as value and opportunity

Obviously will become clearer who’s available as we get closer to the deadline (and maybe we don’t get anyone) but we know EDC is aggressive

Danielle Hunter the only guy that springs to mind as potentially game-changing as well as potentially available

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
I wonder if clowney just found himself a home, a team he actually wants to work for, because he’s been all over to a lot of poverty franchises and has never put in work to maximize his potential, maybe this change of scenery brings it out of him.

I aint going to hold you....I didn't read any of this but of your photo. lmfao

redrum52

Hall of Famer
The Steelers are rarely easy.
I have a feeling this time will be different. Lamar playing some of his worse ball has been in close contests with this team. As the kids say, I think he takes this one personally. He acknowledged his play and I think we see an efficient game. The team just seems locked in this year. Can't see a team like the Steelers getting a Colts performance from them. I'm calling Ravens by double digits.

Then again I didn't see the Colts winning. Or 28 against the Browns.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
I have a feeling this time will be different. Lamar playing some of his worse ball has been in close contests with this team. As the kids say, I think he takes this one personally. He acknowledged his play and I think we see an efficient game. The team just seems locked in this year. Can't see a team like the Steelers getting a Colts performance from them. I'm calling Ravens by double digits.

Minus some boneheaded plays by the offense as a whole against the Colts, Lamar has played lights out. It just hasn't translated to some explosive plays yet and I am chalking that up to taking what the defense is giving us.

I enjoy watching him take the easy stuff and the quick throws we have added to the passing game.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Minus some boneheaded plays by the offense as a whole against the Colts, Lamar has played lights out. It just hasn't translated to some explosive plays yet and I am chalking that up to taking what the defense is giving us.

I enjoy watching him take the easy stuff and the quick throws we have added to the passing game.

as exciting and back-breaking as explosive plays are, this offence can succeed without consistent explosives as long as lamar is consistent in taking what the defence gives him (because it will have to give him something)

lamar's so experienced and effective at this point reading coverage and reading pre-snap that it's really hard to put us in a poor play - guys will still lose matchups and that will lead to poor plays but lamar's got to a point where we're very unlikely to ever be in a "bad" play with the autonomy he's got at the LoS

as long as MAndrews and the receivers continue to generally read plays the same way he does (like replacing blitzers etc.) - this offence is hard to stop unless it literally shoots itself in the foot (as with the colts game putting the ball on the ground on 4 straight drives)

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
I wonder if clowney just found himself a home, a team he actually wants to work for, because he’s been all over to a lot of poverty franchises and has never put in work to maximize his potential, maybe this change of scenery brings it out of him.

Clowney looks absolutely inspired out there every week and has to be playing some of his best ball right now. The way he was gushing about Roquan this past week makes me think that Ro' might be the main reason for the resurgence, but the dude is playing his ass off so I think he's enjoying it here and it's a lot of fun to watch

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Clowney looks absolutely inspired out there every week and has to be playing some of his best ball right now. The way he was gushing about Roquan this past week makes me think that Ro' might be the main reason for the resurgence, but the dude is playing his ass off so I think he's enjoying it here and it's a lot of fun to watch
The team has really bought into him too, he got a gameball and everyone was hype for him and cheered him on to give a speech. And he just in general doesn’t seem anything like the player we’ve all seen for the past decade. His effort and motor are off the charts and that’s literally always been his biggest problem

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer

Yeah we’re still so predictably unpredictable as far as matchups and consistent quality play. I have no clue what to think week to week. But I do know that our defense is looking special with the prospect of adding high level players all over it when they return from injury.

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler
In the past two weeks we've been stunned by ineptitude in the Colts game and somewhat shocked, I'd say, to see an injury riddled team put #2's and 3's on the field and play maybe their best game so far together. I have no idea what to expect this week, but if we can field a team to do regularly with OUR REGULARS, what a cobbled together team did last week, we are gonna be a lot of trouble to other teams. But we can't beat ourselves - or lose ourselves, like we did against the Colts anymore. Hopefully, we found ourselves against the Brownies and continue to develop that.

Edit--- Joey, your tits are very distracting. ;)