• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Lamar, The Andrews and The Injuries (because of course...)

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
They were clamped down on in the second half because they went very conservative and stopped trying to push the ball. Every single person in the stadium knew the calls were going to be run/run/pass in the 2nd half because the Ravens knew the Browns were not going to score 21. To that end I do not really care about the half when the Ravens were not really trying to score but I do care about the half that they were trying to score. Ravens drove down the field almost at will until they went super conservative to protect the lead.

Meanwhile now that we are a few games in we can step back and look at how the Browns seemingly great defense is doing relative to its competition. This was Lamar's best game of the year so this was clearly not the toughest defense the Ravens have faced. Most points the Ravens scored and again they took their foot off the gas. The Steelers had their 2nd best offensive game of the year against the Browns. We just watched the Bengals look awful now on offense for 4 weeks in a row. There has been nothing to suggest the Browns defense are better than other defenses. It just is not something we have seen.

I know the game is in 2 weeks but I looked up the line and its at -3.5--4.5. The 49ers are winning that game by double digits so get in on the 49ers. I am more confident in that result than when we had our week 1 debate about the Cowboys destroying the Giants or the 49ers destroying the Steelers (that one was easy because the Steelers are an overhyped media darling), or the Eagles against the Patriots (which I almost lost). This one is free money. The Browns and Steelers are simply not that good. They are overhyped media darlings and it looks like the AFC North is not quite as good as advertised even in a few weeks if Burrow gets health it will be a 2 team race.
lol I don't care about the point spread. That's actually not a big line at all. I was commenting on the likelihood of you suggesting the 49ers are going to go out and hang 40 on them. I would borrow as much $ as I could get to hammer the under on that. 49ers offense doesn't have that kind of fire power, and have been held to significantly less by weaker defenses.

If they did managed to do it, it would largely be similar to the Ravens... defenses forces, or in this case, is gift-wrapped, several key turnovers.

A lot of teams know what's coming and still can't stop it. Browns did. Run/Run/Pass is a perfectly reasonable gameplan up 18. Doesn't mean the defense can do anything about it. They need.

You'll see as the year moves on what's what.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
I would really like oweh and bowser back though

Clowney and KVN have looked good but when it’s the other depth guys we’ve had very little reliable play

Need those guys back just so we don’t need those guys to play 100% of the snaps just so we don’t have to see Robinson or moon
I hate that Bowser isn't playing. He's so good and so fun to watch, and such a good element for this particular defense. Easily one of my favourite current ravens

QtR Nevermore

Pro Bowler
Hopefully he is able to come back but this is not looking good at all. Him and Oweh make me so annoyed because of how high they were drafted
You have to draft high to get a pass rusher who even has a chance of working out (with a few exceptions) so you almost have to take a few shots if you don't have a star, so I don't really mind.

I think Oweh's going to work out, to some extent. He's showing signs and they'll probably pick up his 5th year.

Ojabo's more of a worry. He has the injury excuse, but he hasn't shown anything yet and now he's injured again so he's losing the chance to develop and fully get over the achilles, which is horrible for his career and us.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
When will Bowser be back?
we shall see if he practices this week, but he hasn't had a training camp or preseason. I suspect if he practices this week he will play in a couple weeks.

Keaton Mitchell is eligible to return to practice as well. It will be interesting to see if we bring him back, knowing how many players we have on IR.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Think the Giants want to ship out Barkley for cheap?

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Think the Giants want to ship out Barkley for cheap?
he's on a franchise tag. No way we would trade for him because we would have to restructure someone, unless we signed him to a contract before the trade. I wouldn't trade for him.