• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: @Falcons

Who SHOULD start at QB for the Ravens @ Falcons

• Lamar Jackson

Votes: 36 85.7%
  • Joe Flacco

Votes: 6 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
If our pass-rush doesn't show up, I think our defense will get eaten alive. This is the type of game where we need to dominate TOP.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
This game will be a real test IMO. We need to beat them. If we do it says a lot about the team.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
Were honestly not gonna know whos starting next week till like litterally an hour before the game. Even if Flacco practices all week Harbaugh wants to keep it a secret

rossihunter2

Staff Member
John Harbaugh on whether Flacco is starter when healthy: "Im not going to get into that for a number of reasons. Whether that decision has been made or not is not important for anybody to know but us. If I decide to do it one way or the other, I don't want our opponent to know."

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
John Harbaugh on whether Flacco is starter when healthy: "Im not going to get into that for a number of reasons. Whether that decision has been made or not is not important for anybody to know but us. If I decide to do it one way or the other, I don't want our opponent to know."
Fair enough but it's a bit of a bullshit - NFL has the 10 years worth of Flacco tape, no secrets there.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Fair enough but it's a bit of a bullshit - NFL has the 10 years worth of Flacco tape, no secrets there.

that's true but the falcons also havent played us for 4 years
they arent a team that can just fall back on their prep for our offence from 4 years ago - so the benefit of holding back the decision is because the falcons are gonna have to gameplan for 2 completely different offences in 1 week if there's any doubt

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
that's true but the falcons also havent played us for 4 years
they arent a team that can just fall back on their prep for our offence from 4 years ago - so the benefit of holding back the decision is because the falcons are gonna have to gameplan for 2 completely different offences in 1 week if there's any doubt
But they also know that if Joe plays, they will be able to counter our running game and need worry only about TE screens in the flat and RB screens backwards :(

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
Had this game as a loss before. It’s still one now.
Idk. Falcons defense is pretty piss poor and regardless of who we have at qb we can take advantage of them. The best part about that is that they have to prepare for both QBs this week which are 2 totally different styles of play. We should be able to stop the run against them and our corners match up well with their recievers. Smith on Julio and Humphrey on Ridley (whom he played with at bama for 1 year).

Theyre very 1 dimensional and i hate to say it but....we are due for some picks.

Just hope the pass rush shows up.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
Idk who id go with at QB....cause on one hand Flacco could take advantage of their poor and injury riddled secondary while Lamar could keep us on the feild and win the TOP battle. Like i said above we have an advantage in that they have to prepare for 2 completely different styles of play.

I hate to say this..but this game is gonna come down to coaching imo. If harbaugh wants to keep his job he needs to come up with a good game plan

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
I think I prefer us to keep running with Lamar and stick with the smash mouth style of the second half today. So far we are having a lot of success with it.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
If he was really smart he would have said Joe should be back this week and he is our starter then played Lamar....some Ravens fans would be going bananas right now but....lol

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
If he was really smart he would have said Joe should be back this week and he is our starter then played Lamar....some Ravens fans would be going bananas right now but....lol
Theyre gonna go banannas when Flacco starts next week. At least if he practices i think hes going to remain the starter. He just understands the offense better and has better chemistry with the recievers. Hopefully our run game continues to be effective if he comes back as the starter though...Flacco is much more efficient with an effective run game.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
Theyre gonna go banannas when Flacco starts next week. At least if he practices i think hes going to remain the starter. He just understands the offense better and has better chemistry with the recievers. Hopefully our run game continues to be effective if he comes back as the starter though...Flacco is much more efficient with an effective run game.
Yes he is. I just worry about our banged up o-line holding up in the pass protection for Joe.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
Yes he is. I just worry about our banged up o-line holding up in the pass protection for Joe.
Ya i do too...but i worry more about that with KC than i do ATL. Tbh....id start Flacco vs ATL to take advantage of their secondary and Lamar vs KC to keep their offense off the feild. But that sounds like too much touble maybe...idk. Match up wise it makes sense

Anyone know if Dixon has been practicing?

Last edited by a moderator: