• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: @Falcons

Who SHOULD start at QB for the Ravens @ Falcons

• Lamar Jackson

Votes: 36 85.7%
  • Joe Flacco

Votes: 6 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
Ya i do too...but i worry more about that with KC than i do ATL. Tbh....id start Flacco vs ATL to take advantage of their secondary and Lamar vs KC to keep their offense off the feild. But that sounds like too much touble maybe...idk. Match up wise it makes sense
Now that would catch KC off guard. We play Joe then start Lamar in Arrowhead.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Ya i do too...but i worry more about that with KC than i do ATL. Tbh....id start Flacco vs ATL to take advantage of their secondary and Lamar vs KC to keep their offense off the feild. But that sounds like too much touble maybe...idk. Match up wise it makes sense

both of those teams have some decent edge rushers though - id much rather not have a statue in the pocket vs Justin Houston, Dee Ford, Takk Mckinley, Chris Jones, Vic Beasley, Grady Jarrett...

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
both of those teams have some decent edge rushers though - id much rather not have a statue in the pocket vs Justin Houston, Dee Ford, Takk Mckinley, Chris Jones, Vic Beasley, Grady Jarrett...
Thats true but Flacco has been the starter here for 10 years. Itd seem a bit wrong tp throw him out the wimdow like that when were competing for a playoff spot. Its not like our oline has been terrible vs pass rushers this year, theyve really held their own and weve been one of the fewest sackef teams in the nfl.

But me being selfish of course id rather see lamar play. Hes just much more fun to watch LMAO

Tank

Hall of Famer
Falcons are another bad defensive team, third in a row we play. Difference here being while they haven’t played well this year they do have potentially dangerous weapons on offense, especially compared to the Bengals team we played last week and the Raiders. And they are much better indoors at home than on the road. No matter who starts at QB I think it will take a much better effort all around to get this W.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
Falcons are another bad defensive team, third in a row we play. Difference here being while they haven’t played well this year they do have potentially dangerous weapons on offense, especially compared to the Bengals team we played last week and the Raiders. And they are much better indoors at home than on the road. No matter who starts at QB I think it will take a much better effort all around to get this W.
Which is why, when i think i speak for everyone here, we should start Lamar. He got us 2 wins...chemistry is started to flow, strength are building, and the team is buying in. Why bring back Flacco and change the enture dynamic and type of practice weve been doing for 3 weeks now. Doesnt make sense, itll throw everyone (especially offense) off their rhythm on how to win the game.

I hate to say it but after 2 starts with Lamar i feel we have more of an identity than after 9 with Flacco...

Damn.

usmccharles

Practice Squad
Which is why, when i think i speak for everyone here, we should start Lamar. He got us 2 wins...chemistry is started to flow, strength are building, and the team is buying in. Why bring back Flacco and change the enture dynamic and type of practice weve been doing for 3 weeks now. Doesnt make sense, itll throw everyone (especially offense) off their rhythm on how to win the game.

I hate to say it but after 2 starts with Lamar i feel we have more of an identity than after 9 with Flacco...

Damn.
Lj is making mistakes because he is a rookie which is understandable, but Joe is still making terrible mistakes as a 11 year veteran.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
@Mods Can you set up a poll? I'd like to know if the board backs Lamar or Flacco to start against the Falcons.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
Outside thought. Would you want to start Flacco to boost his trade value to try and recover that 2nd rounder that was traded last year?

His main value in a trade is his very cheap contract for a franchise QB, but if you want to boost that value you might wsnt him under center

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Outside thought. Would you want to start Flacco to boost his trade value to try and recover that 2nd rounder that was traded last year?

His main value in a trade is his very cheap contract for a franchise QB, but if you want to boost that value you might wsnt him under center

he's an 11 year veteran - i dont think 5 games under centre are going to change his value much at all

redrum52

Hall of Famer
he's an 11 year veteran - i dont think 5 games under centre are going to change his value much at all

Also, who's giving us a 2nd for Flacco? Smith had one of his best seasons last year. We can't compare the trades. I think we can get a pick, but teams know we don't need him. KC played that situation real well last year.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Also, who's giving us a 2nd for Flacco? Smith had one of his best seasons last year. We can't compare the trades. I think we can get a pick, but teams know we don't need him. KC played that situation real well last year.
Teams know we don’t need him but teams still need a qb and all it takes is for 2 teams to be interested.

I don’t think he gets us a 2nd, but I do think he gets us a third.

Also, you can compare Smith to Flacco and their recent success, but there is good reason to think Flacco is a better qb than smith, mainly his ability to use the entire field where smith just can’t, teams with great deep threats will want joe more than smith.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
I’m wondering if Joe just retires honestly. Starting to think he could do that more and more

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
Teams know we don’t need him but teams still need a qb and all it takes is for 2 teams to be interested.

I don’t think he gets us a 2nd, but I do think he gets us a third.

Also, you can compare Smith to Flacco and their recent success, but there is good reason to think Flacco is a better qb than smith, mainly his ability to use the entire field where smith just can’t, teams with great deep threats will want joe more than smith.

Flacco also has 2 years of a very good contract for the team that acquires him. Very low cap hit so it lets you have s real QB and not eat all your cap.