• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: @Falcons

Who SHOULD start at QB for the Ravens @ Falcons

• Lamar Jackson

Votes: 36 85.7%
  • Joe Flacco

Votes: 6 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I would completely agree IF I didn't think the Ravens still have Super Bowl aspirations and in that case I would put best player on field for the situation.

Maybe I'm too bold on what I think Ravens can do but I don't see a team with the Jags collapse that I go "nope Ravens cant beat them". That Saints game shows me what the team can do and can be if they get to playoffs.
Flacco May be the best passer at this point, but he doesn’t open up the offense as much as Flacco can. I’m a Flacco fan. But feel we need to ride LJ8s coattails for the rest of the season. Win or Lose.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Flacco May be the best passer at this point, but he doesn’t open up the offense as much as Flacco can. I’m a Flacco fan. But feel we need to ride LJ8s coattails for the rest of the season. Win or Lose.
The thing is, Flacco isn’t even the best passer at this point. Lamar has already surpassed him in being able to make reads and scan the field among other things.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
I assume you meant Lamar.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor

I'm not really a fan of Flacco per say I just don't think the style Lamar plays can beat KC or NE. You beat them by outscoring them 45-40 not 23-20.

Now I think the Ravens defense could hold them to about 30 but do I think Lamar can score more (without a defensive and ST TD),? I don't so even though I doubt Flacco would I at least know he CAN.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I'm not really a fan of Flacco per say I just don't think the style Lamar plays can beat KC or NE. You beat them by outscoring them 45-40 not 23-20.

Now I think the Ravens defense could hold them to about 30 but do I think Lamar can score more (without a defensive and ST TD),? I don't so even though I doubt Flacco would I at least know he CAN.
We definitely need to start getting interceptions. The sack fumble this week was a start, but if we continue getting interceptions leading to short fields and Lamar continues to improve from week to week, I have no doubt he can put up 30.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

you only beat them by outscoring them if you have an offence that can outscore them - the way to beat them is the exact opposite which is to shorten the number of possessions in the game and then make sure your offence converts in the redzone...

the exact way to beat the chiefs is the same way we went about beating the saints (which we couldnt in the end because we salted no time off the clock in the 2nd half and then had to come from behind to nearly tie)

the other reason you dont play flacco vs the chiefs is because the best part of their defence is their pass rush and an immobile coming off a hip injury flacco with an interior OL of Skura and Lewis with no zone-read/RPO to hold the pass rush is a recipe for a multi-sack passing obliteration - lamar freezes the edge defenders and is too fast for the interior defenders (except for geno atkins apparently lol) to get there from behind

Dee Ford, Chris Jones and Justin Houston have been playing phenomenally the last few weeks as a front for the chiefs and the Rams OL couldnt stop them either in a straight up hat-on-hat fight - so the way to slow that rush down is to turn it into 11 v 11 not 10 v 11

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor

I’m not going to worry about Lamar playing against KC until he beats ATL. With that said, the games KC lost have been decided by a few points and they were high scoring games but many of their games were high scoring. Their lowest scoring game was actually at home vs the Cardinals of all teams and the Chiefs scored 26. I don’t think it’s likely we beat them but the Chiefs aren’t unbeatable

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
I would completely agree IF I didn't think the Ravens still have Super Bowl aspirations and in that case I would put best player on field for the situation.

Maybe I'm too bold on what I think Ravens can do but I don't see a team with the Jags collapse that I go "nope Ravens cant beat them". That Saints game shows me what the team can do and can be if they get to playoffs.
we 100% cant beat saints nor rams in playoffs. They would out play us and out coach us.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I’m not going to worry about Lamar playing against KC until he beats ATL. With that said, the games KC lost have been decided by a few points and they were high scoring games but many of their games were high scoring. Their lowest scoring game was actually at home vs the Cardinals of all teams and the Chiefs scored 26. I don’t think it’s likely we beat them but the Chiefs aren’t unbeatable
They might have felt sorry for Arizona?

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer

If they have a 25 minute or less TOP you can hold them to less than 30 points, with KCs defense and our defense you should be able to hold the ball for well over 30 minutes and get enough stops to make it a low scoring game(by kc standards).

Joe Flacco stands zero chance of winning a shootout in KC, there is literally only one way for the ravens to beat them, to grind out the clock and limit their opportunities to score. The odds of them scoring 6-7 times become drastically less when they only have the ball 10-12 times a game