• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: @Falcons

Who SHOULD start at QB for the Ravens @ Falcons

• Lamar Jackson

Votes: 36 85.7%
  • Joe Flacco

Votes: 6 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tank

Hall of Famer
Matt’s been good in the regular season and has had a great supporting cast. That said he hasn’t been so hot in tournament.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Smart people hopped on the Gus bus.

Yeah but Forsett benefited from kubiaks scheme, at the beginning of that season Pierce and Taliaferro also went off because of his scheme. the fumbles have also played a role, our coaching staff never fully trusted Collins.

Gus Bus sounds too much like a former rivals nickname "the bus". We need to find another nickname for Gus.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Lets try to remember... the falcons have been bad this year, despite Matt Ryan’s performance. I don’t necessarily feel optimistic but realistically we’re the better team

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
Yeah that definitely does play a role.
Idk how that's even possible we keep gettig OT again and again..it's like watching myself back in highscool avoiding oral exams questions.

Btw to get back to the Falcons.
I've been watching their Browns game today and I'm not too worried about our run game being effective.
You spread it nice wide and try to run Lamar right through the middle while the C or a G reaches the second level (looking at the Chubb long TD run).
Also, the LBs are constantly losing track on the ball while dropping in the zone and are slow catching up when the RB receives it (last Rec TD).
I'm more worried about Coleman as a receiving threat as I'll expect us a ton of man coverage outside and him to pick up some painfully easy 3rd downs.
Don’t forget Deion Jones is back because that changes everything with what you just said.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
i wonder if the falcons will try and use deion as a lamar spy - he might be the only front 7 player quick enough to have a chance in their eyes so i wonder if that's what they'll do - surprised the raiders and bengals didnt really have a spy vs lamar
Simple fix, in the passing game, always have a dumpoff option, mix it up so it can’t easily be guessed pre snap, if the dumpoff is covered that means either someone is open or lamar isn’t spied, if the dumpoff is open then their best defender is spying so exploit them

JO_75

Hall of Famer
The Poll results lol. It's like we all got a shiny new car and are ready to get rid of the old car.

Don’t forget Deion Jones is back because that changes everything with what you just said.
Yeah I know he's an upgrade over what they had at LB until now.. I'm still pretty hopeful we can keep it running down their throat.
Don't ask me how and why tho..it can be I've being a bit overconfident now.

The Poll results lol. It's like we all got a shiny new car and are ready to get rid of the old car.
You know, we haven't made the playoffs for quite a few years now.
With the offenses and the game in general evolving so fast lately, bringing something new gives not only a change of pace from the ugly (recent) past but it also represents the possibility we're catching up with innovation and therefore in a lot more fun (albeit a bit uncertainty).
Guess we can't blame ourselves for being excited.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Can anyone explain why chuck Clark is just gifted the SS job? Anthony Levine has been a key piece of this defense, playing SS roles just lined up closer to the line, and he’s been doing it for years and mentally/athletically/technically/fundamentally is as sound as it gets, while Clark is still a question mark.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Can anyone explain why chuck Clark is just gifted the SS job? Anthony Levine has been a key piece of this defense, playing SS roles just lined up closer to the line, and he’s been doing it for years and mentally/athletically/technically/fundamentally is as sound as it gets, while Clark is still a question mark.

i mean he's a question mark to us yes - but the coaches have trusted him with important snaps in important moments as the big nickel, as a 3rd safety (and he is very much a strong safety too which probably helps) - anthony levine is awesome as the dime where he gets to play the joker and be a wildcard all over the field in that package vs the pass - but he's honestly never been a truly convincing conventional safety

chuck clark is untested as the SS starter but he's not exactly green in his 2nd year with significant snaps - i mean there are literally downs this season where we've replaced our slot corner for chuck because we think he's a better coverage matchup vs certain receivers

and let's be real - they will both see significant snaps this week no matter who gets the "start"

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
i mean he's a question mark to us yes - but the coaches have trusted him with important snaps in important moments as the big nickel, as a 3rd safety (and he is very much a strong safety too which probably helps) - anthony levine is awesome as the dime where he gets to play the joker and be a wildcard all over the field in that package vs the pass - but he's honestly never been a truly convincing conventional safety

chuck clark is untested as the SS starter but he's not exactly green in his 2nd year with significant snaps - i mean there are literally downs this season where we've replaced our slot corner for chuck because we think he's a better coverage matchup vs certain receivers

and let's be real - they will both see significant snaps this week no matter who gets the "start"
This is all true but I don’t know if you can say Levine isn’t a convincing SS. You said “conventional” but hell we have Tony Jefferson who isn’t conventional either. Levine played both corner and safety for a while with us before finding his niche in the dime. He can man cover, he can zone drop from all over the field very effectively and does it incredibly well after showing blitz, he can actually blitz as well.

So do you think that playing like 75% the same role he already plays, only lined up 10 yards deeper, would make him non starting caliber?

rossihunter2

Staff Member
This is all true but I don’t know if you can say Levine isn’t a convincing SS. You said “conventional” but hell we have Tony Jefferson who isn’t conventional either. Levine played both corner and safety for a while with us before finding his niche in the dime. He can man cover, he can zone drop from all over the field very effectively and does it incredibly well after showing blitz, he can actually blitz as well.

So do you think that playing like 75% the same role he already plays, only lined up 10 yards deeper, would make him non starting caliber?

im not sure he has the speed to be necessarily as trusted deeper - and as you say his niche is as the dime - we play the dime often enough that id keep him there even if he were to be the starter in stead of clark