• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: @Falcons

Who SHOULD start at QB for the Ravens @ Falcons

• Lamar Jackson

Votes: 36 85.7%
  • Joe Flacco

Votes: 6 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rossihunter2

Staff Member
He gone.

Shame too man I was really on his bandwagon this year

me too - i remember doing so much tape watching of 2017 and coming out loving him for 2018 and it just never happened - he was way too hesitant this year behind the line of scrimmage and just went east-west way too often and early in the run

this basically saves buck allen though lol - i reckon he was a goner if collins wasnt injured

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
me too - i remember doing so much tape watching of 2017 and coming out loving him for 2018 and it just never happened - he was way too hesitant this year behind the line of scrimmage and just went east-west way too often and early in the run

this basically saves buck allen though lol - i reckon he was a goner if collins wasnt injured
Teams got wise to Collins and started holding edge contain and his go to move was nullified. If he had worked on his game up the middle and learned to see the interior and hit the hole hard it would be different, he’s a violent powerful runner when he wants to be, but he rarely even considers it, his first thought is bounce it out.

Quite a bit like jay Ajayi tbh

rossihunter2

Staff Member
so another wrinkle on the collins situation is that he's been dealing with the foot injury all year (perhaps contributed to his lacklustre running performances) but he practiced fully on friday which suggests this is a bit of a phantom i/r and we didnt obviously want to cut him when we can resign him as an RFA next year

but kinda suggests this was performance based and he lost the battle to the bottom of the depth chart with buck

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
so another wrinkle on the collins situation is that he's been dealing with the foot injury all year (perhaps contributed to his lacklustre running performances) but he practiced fully on friday which suggests this is a bit of a phantom i/r and we didnt obviously want to cut him when we can resign him as an RFA next year

but kinda suggests this was performance based and he lost the battle to the bottom of the depth chart with buck
At this point, putting him on IR is better than keeping him and cutting Buck, which was inevitable. I’d rathwr have Buck, because there is no guarantee Dixon makes it to the end of the season unscathed.

It really is a shame with Dixon because I remember watching his tape in college during the forum draft and was a huge fan of his. Hopefully he can get on the right track, because he has a ton of talent.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
And I love that, because jimmy has been quiet and humble his whole career yet beating the brakes off of damn near any WR who lines up across him, to hear him speak up when facing who may be the best and loudest wr in the league is awesome. He basically said try me bitch, lol.
Yup. And what happened during that game? Shut his ass DOWN...............until he got hurt with a concussion (I think?) and then OBJ went off on Tavon and Co.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Per Zrebiec just now:

Ravens announce that they’ve placed RB Alex Collins on IR. They’ve activated RB Kenneth Dixon to active roster.

He gone.

Doesn't this feel like Forsett 2.0? Relatively nobody to casuals, eventual starting RB for Ravens, takes the league by surprise, becomes a household name to most at the end of first season, underwhelming performances in 2nd year as starter, eventually is out for the season with foot injury, gets cut.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
He gone.

Smart people hopped on the Gus bus.
Doesn't this feel like Forsett 2.0? Relatively nobody to casuals, eventual starting RB for Ravens, takes the league by surprise, becomes a household name to most at the end of first season, underwhelming performances in 2nd year as starter, eventually is out for the season with foot injury, gets cut.
Yeah but Forsett benefited from kubiaks scheme, at the beginning of that season Pierce and Taliaferro also went off because of his scheme. the fumbles have also played a role, our coaching staff never fully trusted Collins.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
cHlt2T1.gif

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
marlon has literally proved that he's the guy with the game on the line all year lol
Geez he gets one lucky pass breakup (the guy literally dropped it before Humphrey got there, would easily have been a catch if he caught it cleanly) at the end of a game and now he’s the guy with the game on the line. I’m not trying to hate on him but damn you guys are too big on the Humphrey hype bus.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Yeah, lets be frank here. Marlon really plays on a knifesedge and a better WR would have caught that and held on to it. Where are his interceptions or play the ball break ups down the sideline. He's been lucky with putting his hand in the last second to dislodge but that's not cutting it for me

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Wow you guys are tough on Humphrey. I thought he was having a good sesson.
He is having a good season. But that’s different than being “the guy with the game on the line”. I’ll still take Jimmy over him.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Fuck Humphrey
Fuck Jimmy
Fuck Tavon
Fuck Carr
Fuck Averett!

Woodrum would have torn them all apart. And my heart is still broken

Allen's a core S.T. -> mystery solved
Yeah that definitely does play a role.
Idk how that's even possible we keep gettig OT again and again..it's like watching myself back in highscool avoiding oral exams questions.

Btw to get back to the Falcons.
I've been watching their Browns game today and I'm not too worried about our run game being effective.
You spread it nice wide and try to run Lamar right through the middle while the C or a G reaches the second level (looking at the Chubb long TD run).
Also, the LBs are constantly losing track on the ball while dropping in the zone and are slow catching up when the RB receives it (last Rec TD).
I'm more worried about Coleman as a receiving threat as I'll expect us a ton of man coverage outside and him to pick up some painfully easy 3rd downs.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
Is there anyone else out there that really dislikes Matty Fail like I do? He has won nothing with major weapons.

And he choked in the Super Bowl. He may be better than Dalton but I put him in the same category, a loser.

BTW I hate Dalton too.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Is there anyone else out there that really dislikes Matty Fail like I do? He has won nothing with major weapons.

And he choked in the Super Bowl. He may be better than Dalton but I put him in the same category, a loser.

BTW I hate Dalton too.

There are some similarities in our SBs. We just happened to win.

That said, I've never been a fan.