• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Week 13 Discussion (Other Teams)

Who Wins Between Chargers & Steelers?

• Chargers

Votes: 9 69.2%
  • Steelers

Votes: 4 30.8%

• Total voters
Fuck that! They can fume all they want, but let's not forget all of the lucky breaks they've gotten over the past few years.
Oh - please don't take my previous post as any sort of sympathy for those bastards ... It was more of a statement of - "now you know how the rest of the world feels when we get screwed by refs and bad bounces.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Oh - please don't take my previous post as any sort of sympathy for those bastards ... It was more of a statement of - "now you know how the rest of the world feels when we get screwed by refs and bad bounces.
True, it’s typically the Steelers that are getting the lucky breaks such as not having holding called, etc.. etc... etc...

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
Hughes accuses the referee of calling him a derogatory term ( "bitch", apparently). And the ref he appears to be confronting is Roy Ellison, who was suspended in 2013 for “making a profane and derogatory statement” to Redskins LT Trent Williams.
I find it interesting, as mad as he was in the tunnel having to be held back, he told the reportors he did not know what they were talking about. When they said, we have you on tape, he said let me see this tape. It all makes sense now after your explanation. Apparently Roy Ellison did not learn from his last suspension.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I find it interesting, as mad as he was in the tunnel having to be held back, he told the reportors he did not know what they were talking about. When they said, we have you on tape, he said let me see this tape. It all makes sense now after your explanation. Apparently Roy Ellison did not learn from his last suspension.
Yeah, that interview was more than weird

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Oh I know you're not. It's definitely aimed at the fans. Other from the Pats, I've never seen a team get so many good bounces and lucky breaks than the Steelers. If there's another team that does it more than the Steelers, I'm seriously all ears.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...omlin-on-officiating-im-keeping-my-mouth-shut

Boo fucking hoo.

"I'm going to keep my mouth shut" = by saying that, he really isn't
"We're not going to make excuses" = by saying that, he kinda is.

Aside from the blown false start (which was admittedly huge) nothing was really out of the norm. To say you're rhythm was broken by "catastrophic" holding calls - and then saying your going to keep your mouth shut about the officiating is basically whining about those calls. Like your blessed team is the only one that ever had a big play erased by a holding call.

STFU

rossihunter2

Staff Member

ngl i went back and watched the plays - they have a legitimate shout about the false start but it was 1st and 10 - not like it was the difference in the game

and all the other penalties they're whining about were no big deal - the 3 offsides were all legit, the no-call blocks in the back on the return td also looked like good no-calls - i literally went to the highlight for the return and paused every time i saw a block and they all looked fine to me - marginal at best

JO_75

Hall of Famer
ngl i went back and watched the plays - they have a legitimate shout about the false start but it was 1st and 10 - not like it was the difference in the game

and all the other penalties they're whining about were no big deal - the 3 offsides were all legit, the no-call blocks in the back on the return td also looked like good no-calls - i literally went to the highlight for the return and paused every time i saw a block and they all looked fine to me - marginal at best

I would say blowing a 23-7 lead was the BIGGEST difference in the game and why the Steelers lost. But if Tomlin wants to ignore that fact then so be it.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...omlin-on-officiating-im-keeping-my-mouth-shut

Boo fucking hoo.

"I'm going to keep my mouth shut" = by saying that, he really isn't
"We're not going to make excuses" = by saying that, he kinda is.

Aside from the blown false start (which was admittedly huge) nothing was really out of the norm. To say you're rhythm was broken by "catastrophic" holding calls - and then saying your going to keep your mouth shut about the officiating is basically whining about those calls. Like your blessed team is the only one that ever had a big play erased by a holding call.

STFU
I swear this team loves drama. If it isn't AB pouting like a bitch because he isn't getting touches, it's Ben for who knows what. Now it's Tomlin? Give me a break.

Philly was awesome last year. They had a great defense except in the Super Bowl but what won them the SB was the Pats defense was ten times worse. This year they just suck. What happened to them?

Tank

Hall of Famer
underperforming secondary, injuries and the loss of key coaches to other teams - particularly Frank Reich

Shout out for Frank Reich who was a Maryland Terrapin QB and also the QB of the Bills for the greatest comeback in NFL history.

I swear this team loves drama. If it isn't AB pouting like a bitch because he isn't getting touches, it's Ben for who knows what. Now it's Tomlin? Give me a break.
LOL seriously ... with Ben, I love how the Pardon My Take does a serial parody on Ben begin in a walking boot. "Ben threw 5 picks yesterday, so the only solution was to put him in a walking boot". Just a mockery on his accentuating every bump and bruise to support his "tough as nails" persona.