• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Lamar, The Defence and a case of the Dropsies

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
2 fumbles lost
Redzone Interception
Safety
Blocked punt
8 drops
5 sacks?
2 turn over on downs
Key late game penalties
Didn't kick an easy FG
Darby slipping on defense
Zay slipping on offense
Zay not knowing the call
No one calling time out when the play was fucked
Didn't tackle Warren
Couldn't stop Pickens
No pass rush
Faalele is garbage
Mekari, Gus, Odell all hurt

Reactions: cdp

rossihunter2

Staff Member
It's the fact that when we lose it's embarrassing

in some way or another, it's a nightmare

we cant buy a big play in the passing game in critical moments and havent been able to for what seems like 4 years

we've got andrews, obj, zay, bateman, agholor - and yet today every single one of them was culpable

andrews dropped a TD
bateman dropped a TD the next play - either of those guys make that basic catch we win the game

zay dropped two big plays and fell over late on a huge play opportunity - he really had a welcome to the nfl day today - zay was robbed of being the hero against the colts, today he was useless

agholor looks great at times - looked like the reason we would invest so heavily at the position so that we'd have at least 1 guy come to play - and then he drops a TD

these werent difficult plays

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
I can't wait for the John Harbaugh tenure to end. I've had enough..
5 games in - no serious opponent - and we don't play clean football and win these games easily as we should be if we were a serious football team like @UPennChem said.
All-around badly coached team apart from Mike. Horton's s.t. unit has been atrocious. Even Tucker if off.
Monken's play calling in crucial moments has been trash.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
I can't wait for the John Harbaugh tenure to end. I've had enough..
5 games in - no serious opponent - and we don't play clean football and win these games easily as we should be if we were a serious football team like @UPennChem said.
All-around badly coached team apart from Mike. Horton's s.t. unit has been atrocious. Even Tucker if off.
Monken's play calling in crucial moments has been trash.

But how can we even blame coaching when the guys aren't catching easy balls out there man?

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I’m so fucking angry

Like, here’s the thing, in a way it’s almost encouraging that this is the only way for us to lose a game.

Without literally every single thing going wrong we win this one.

The unfortunate part is that not only has it happened at all, when it really shouldn’t ever happen in a season, but it’s happened TWICE IN 3 FUCKING WEEKS

we are clearly a completely different class of team to the steelers

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
It's the fact that when we lose it's embarrassing

in some way or another, it's a nightmare

we cant buy a big play in the passing game in critical moments and havent been able to for what seems like 4 years

we've got andrews, obj, zay, bateman, agholor - and yet today every single one of them was culpable

andrews dropped a TD
bateman dropped a TD the next play - either of those guys make that basic catch we win the game

zay dropped two big plays and fell over late on a huge play opportunity - he really had a welcome to the nfl day today - zay was robbed of being the hero against the colts, today he was useless

agholor looks great at times - looked like the reason we would invest so heavily at the position so that we'd have at least 1 guy come to play - and then he drops a TD

these werent difficult plays

nope, and the focus will be on the Lamar INT because of course it's going to be on him

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'm not joking. Look at my list above. Has anyone seen a worse game of football from the Ravens? We've been blown out but this was something special

on second thought. I have. The Texans game the year we won the superbowl.............

Sandtown

Pro Bowler
Typical Steelers and Ravens rivalry game to.me. Yeah The Ravens should have won and the offense held them back from doing so but it is what it is. Ravens offense just needs to continue to figure it's self out and that doesn't happy over night.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
Hate it because they will blame Lamar and Monken for this and it's just not the case.

This is the most pathetic showing I have ever seen by our receiving core. All of them. Those guys did not show up to play today.

O-line did not hold up well when dude ran through Stanley AND a Hill fumble to stall another drive. Back to back drops in the endzone from Andrews and Bateman who had the easier one. Nelson? Can't even explain that one.

Lamar had one bad throw and it was the INT.

No explanation for how terrible these receivers were today. None.

I can't even give Zay a pass for his mistakes early on because he just fell on the scramble from Lamar for ANOTHER TD
I feel pretty sick for Lamar after this one. It's probably a lot to expect the receivers to make every play they should, but Bateman's drop and Agholor's drop were just egregious and meant the Ravens didn't get two touchdowns they should have.

Lamar has probably 300+ yards and three touchdowns without the above two mistakes and Zay falling down. He probably doesn't have the interception because the Ravens would have a more secure lead and probably run it. He almost assuredly doesn't fumble because the Ravens would be running and not allowing the Steelers to pin their ears back.

What should have been an amazing day from Lamar in the stat sheet is now tainted and people are hating hard because of a colossal amount of mistakes from the receivers that unraveled the offense.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
I fucking hate this team. I fucking hate watching this team.
This is an understatement. Im going to have medical problems if this continues.

My blood pressure must have been off the charts.

I have to say ive never been more angry over a regular season loss.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
But how can we even blame coaching when the guys aren't catching easy balls out there man?
that's when good coaching comes into play gotta clean it up 2 drops happen every game that's normal. But not throughout the game like today