• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Lamar, The Defence and a case of the Dropsies

Ludy51

Hall of Famer
I feel pretty sick for Lamar after this one. It's probably a lot to expect the receivers to make every play they should, but Bateman's drop and Agholor's drop were just egregious and meant the Ravens didn't get two touchdowns they should have.

Lamar has probably 300+ yards and three touchdowns without the above two mistakes and Zay falling down. He probably doesn't have the interception because the Ravens would have a more secure lead and probably run it. He almost assuredly doesn't fumble because the Ravens would be running and not allowing the Steelers to pin their ears back.

What should have been an amazing day from Lamar in the stat sheet is now tainted and people are hating hard because of a colossal amount of mistakes from the receivers that unraveled the offense.
“DiD yoU sEE LaMArS StAtS? HE plaYED TerribLE!?”

-mouth breathers around the league

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
2 fumbles lost
Redzone Interception
Safety
Blocked punt
8 drops
5 sacks?
2 turn over on downs
Key late game penalties
Didn't kick an easy FG
Darby slipping on defense
Zay slipping on offense
Zay not knowing the call
No one calling time out when the play was fucked
Didn't tackle Warren
Couldn't stop Pickens
No pass rush
Faalele is garbage
Mekari, Gus, Odell all hurt
I think it was 9 drops. Duvernay's at the end should be 9.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Because we could have survived those drops if everything else wasn't so sloppy.
Because we've gone into our two easiest games so casually that we've lost both.

the fact that we snowball when 1 thing goes wrong is ridiculous
where's the leadership, the accountability on that side of the ball to stop that happening

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
that's when good coaching comes into play gotta clean it up 2 drops happen every game that's normal. But not throughout the game like today

but think about. What is the coach supposed to do when all your pass catchers are dropping the ball? The only guy today who didn't drop a ball is a guy who should probably retire because his body just can't go which is sad

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
Andrews dropping the TD was bad. NA dropping the easy 50+ yard TD was bad. Lamar snapping it when he clearly should not have and throwing the INT was bad. Bateman dropping the big pass was bad. The fumble by Hill was bad. Any one of these players do not make their mistakes and the game probably flips but it is hard to overcome so many unforced errors (though I guess Hill's was forced by the defense).

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Hate it because they will blame Lamar and Monken for this and it's just not the case.

This is the most pathetic showing I have ever seen by our receiving core. All of them. Those guys did not show up to play today.

O-line did not hold up well when dude ran through Stanley AND a Hill fumble to stall another drive. Back to back drops in the endzone from Andrews and Bateman who had the easier one. Nelson? Can't even explain that one.

Lamar had one bad throw and it was the INT.

No explanation for how terrible these receivers were today. None.

I can't even give Zay a pass for his mistakes early on because he just fell on the scramble from Lamar for ANOTHER TD
Lamar sucked down the stretch but it’s hard to blame him for the loss. Seemed really poised and in control for the majority of the game. Played really well for the most part. My biggest complaint were his tantrums in the 4th, leaders don’t do that trash.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Typical Steelers and Ravens rivalry game to.me. Yeah The Ravens should have won and the offense held them back from doing so but it is what it is. Ravens offense just needs to continue to figure it's self out and that doesn't happy over night.

no, our old games never looked like this. It was a chess match, these FUCKS refused to score.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
I don't know what happened, but it feels like this is a soft team. When things get tough they give up. And it's not even this specific game. It's been happening for a few years now. If the gane is on the line late in the 4th the Ravens won't step up and win it.

As for this game specifically, it's on the WRs. Not on Harbs, EDC, Lamar, or Monkens. We would have blown them out without the drops.

I'll say it again if we lost a hard fought game to a team that is GOOD ok, but to a team that the fans were booing and chanting to fire the O coordinator at half. This team has been through so many damn embarrassing losses lately that we can only blame the common denominator and that's HARBS!

Y’all can get on me all yall want but this is a poorly coached team. We just had an embarrassing lost 2 weeks ago and we continue to do the same sloppy shiz!

I'm tired of this team committing a mistake then shitting the bed the whole game because we can't mentally get over it.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Lamar sucked down the stretch but it’s hard to blame him for the loss. Seemed really poised and in control for the majority of the game. Played really well for the most part. My biggest complaint were his tantrums in the 4th, leaders don’t do that trash.

Leaders don't do that?? You must have never seen Tom or Manning play.

Bro please. Minus the INT throw what else should he have done to force these guys to catch one of the 3 dropped TD passes? Just one