• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Lamar, The Defence and a case of the Dropsies

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
You mention Hollywood Brown like he was a bust or something .
Sigh. Idk how many times I have to say this. I personally was a huge Hollywood fan. Probably top 3 on this whole site. But if you run a guy out of town because you run a stupid offense and (allegedly) don't listen to your WRs when they're trying to help, it's even worse than him being a bust. You ran your own QUALITY player out of town.

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
It's just interesting that you stated you didn't know if he graduated and what he studied but felt like he was still closer to bagging groceries. Regardless of a sociology degree from Utah being worthless or not we really don't know Tyler Huntley potential when it comes to the work world outside of football. I could really go deeper with this topic and I legit used to bag groceries myself and don't look down on those that do but it's obvious that we tend to state stuff like this in a negative way and with all due respect it's really lame.
Dude it’s just an expression I think you’re reading too into it. But then again Kurt Warner was bagging groceries

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
I saw marcus for like 5 plays.. he was playing with one arm. Out there trying to arm tackle and shit. He may need to sit out a while longer. Dnt know how bad his injury was or long it usually takes to recover but based off that one game, i wouldve just went on and got surgery.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I saw marcus for like 5 plays.. he was playing with one arm. Out there trying to arm tackle and shit. He may need to sit out a while longer. Dnt know how bad his injury was or long it usually takes to recover but based off that one game, i wouldve just went on and got surgery.
It didn't look good at all.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
It's just interesting that you stated you didn't know if he graduated and what he studied but felt like he was still closer to bagging groceries. Regardless of a sociology degree from Utah being worthless or not we really don't know Tyler Huntley potential when it comes to the work world outside of football. I could really go deeper with this topic and I legit used to bag groceries myself and don't look down on those that do but it's obvious that we tend to state stuff like this in a negative way and with all due respect it's really lame.
Yeah I don't care. I bagged groceries when I was 17 too. It's exactly what I thought it was.
I tend to lean on the historical track record of "potential outside of football" when it comes to pro athletes that have already made millions. Motivation is generally at an all time low post-career, and a lot of these guys "graduated" with a bullshit degree and learned nothing but how to play football while they were there.

If that thought process make people uncomfortable, so be it.

Sandtown

Pro Bowler
Sigh. Idk how many times I have to say this. I personally was a huge Hollywood fan. Probably top 3 on this whole site. But if you run a guy out of town because you run a stupid offense and (allegedly) don't listen to your WRs when they're trying to help, it's even worse than him being a bust. You ran your own QUALITY player out of town.

Hollywood Brown had over 1,000 + receiving yards in the suppose stupid offense then went to a team that not only missed the play offs but he saw his production go down compared to how it was with the ravens previously. Granted his numbers would have most likely been better if he had stayed healthy last year with the cardinals but it legit looks like Brown made a decision base on his feels more than logic because the guys was definitively getting his targets and being productive in Romans offense. Hollywood Brown had this to say about the Ravens offense after their loss against the bills in the playoffs in 2020/21 ""Whenever you're the No. 1 rushing [offense] and the 30-something passing [team], that's not right," Brown said a day after the Ravens' 17-3 loss to the Buffalo Bills in the AFC divisional round. "That's not balanced. We got to find a way to balance our game. Even with our great rushing attack, we got to be able to throw the ball and be able to move the ball through the air." The ravens ended up being ranked 13th overall in passing in 2021 afterwards and the guy had his best season of his career that year along with it looking clearly obvious that Roman opened the passing game up more than in years past.

Obviously that still wasn't enough and you can't please everybody but it defitinely looks like the ravens try something to please somebody but that same person still wanted to leave. Honestly Brown being ran out of town or not really doesn't matter to me it was just interesting that you mention his name along with Breshad Perriman

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor

He honestly looked like a liability out there any time he needed to make a tackle. I get that he wants to play after missing so many games last season, but I'd rather have him get healthy if that's how he's going to play for the rest of the year

Sandtown

Pro Bowler
Dude it’s just an expression I think you’re reading too into it. But then again Kurt Warner was bagging groceries

I'm a deep thinker matter of fact I over think alot so I'm going to read deeper into things more than others. Also Kurt Warner was bagging groceries during a much different timeframe( this is my over thinking kicking in again). We living in times where you don't even need a college degree to make six figures or have a good job in general. People today can work from home more than ever before and have a side hustle to make additional revenue thanks to evolution of technology so the idea that the suppose expression is that Huntley is closer to bagging groceries more than anything really make me think especially in these times. I still think it's lame but it is what it is

Thezone27

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'm a deep thinker matter of fact I over think alot so I'm going to read deeper into things more than others. Also Kurt Warner was bagging groceries during a much different timeframe( this is my over thinking kicking in again). We living in times where you don't even need a college degree to make six figures or have a good job in general. People today can work from home more than ever before and have a side hustle to make additional revenue thanks to evolution of technology so the idea that the suppose expression is that Huntley is closer to bagging groceries more than anything really make me think especially in these times. I still think it's lame but it is what it is
I agree, and honestly even if he didn't get his degree in sociology, he makes ~1,000,000,000 a year. He can plausibly just retire if he is cut, so unless bagging groceries is in fact his passion, then I highly doubt he will be doing anything of the sort.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
I agree, and honestly even if he didn't get his degree in sociology, he makes ~1,000,000,000 a year. He can plausibly just retire if he is cut, so unless bagging groceries is in fact his passion, then I highly doubt he will be doing anything of the sort.

Huntely sucks and thanks to you the convo was derailed lmfaooooo

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
"Can" and "do" are two different things. A lot of people "can" make more $. Few actually do it. Lack of relevant education/skills, lack of desire, lack of work ethic, disabilities, etc.

You said it yourself... a college degree is worth probably less than it ever has been. And a Sociology degree pretty much requires a Masters to have any chance of making a decent income without working two jobs. It's one of those degrees that in 15-20 years will be rarely offered by Universities due to its lack of real-world application.

Thezone27

Ravens Ring of Honor
Huntely sucks and thanks to you the convo was derailed lmfaooooo
I understand that you think I'm a troll, but frankly, I'm just voicing my opinions. Even if they are wrong,t hey are my opinions and I'm not trying to troll anybody here, and I really would appreciate it if you stop bomabarding me with insults all the time.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
You realize that's $1B right? Not $1M? $1M has six zeros. $1B has nine.

And while he's made $4.6M before the age of 30 playing football, I would point out that % of NFL players who end up broke quickly. So really how much he made becomes largely irrelevant if he's not good at managing it.

Would also point out that while $4.6M seems like a lot, when you take out taxes and what he's already spent, if he were to retire tomorrow and want to never work another day in his life, he'd need to live off like $75K a year or less.