• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Lamar, the Koch and the Matt Ryan

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
People called me crazy when I said this team can win the North. I still think it’s very possible. I expect PIT to win tonight and KC but I don’t know about next week for both teams. My initial thought is PIT and BAL lose next week but we’ll see as a lot can change.
I still think you're crazy.

Tank

Hall of Famer
Jesus Christ, I suppose Flacco would’ve hung 300 yards for 3 TDs and no turnovers and dominated TOP.

Not to mention, the falcons are still likely the third best offense in the league, yet they didn’t break 100 yards til nearly the fourth quarter. Despite turnovers.

You’re right, stop turning it over, but your way of communicating that idea is that we sucked ass and lucked out against a shit team. Turning it over against the falcons is dangerous, yet it meant nothing(except for Beasley’s scoop) because our defense shut it down.

Dropped passes, poor play calling and zero run game hurt the Falcons a lot, they looked terrible. Not taking anything away from our D they played great, but like I said our mistakes and turnovers would have spelled a big L against a good team. We would have been down a bunch playing catch up and not had the chance to burn clock running like we did. As well as the D played and as bad as Atlanta’s D is we should have easily had a 3 score lead at the half.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Dropped passes, poor play calling and zero run game hurt the Falcons a lot, they looked terrible. Not taking anything away from our D they played great, but like I said our mistakes and turnovers would have spelled a big L against a good team. We would have been down a bunch playing catch up and not had the chance to burn clock running like we did. As well as the D played and as bad as Atlanta’s D is we should have easily had a 3 score lead at the half.
Are you shitting me? DBs in tight coverage and breaking up passes is considered a drop now? Completely eliminating a solid run game by turning every run negative is a reason to downplay our performance? And the poor play calling happened once, they didn’t have a horrible game plan our defense just kicked the shit out of them.

What kind of broken ass fucked up perspective are you taking to say that completely annihilating their offense with our #1 defense is all on play calling and them giving up on the run?

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
I saw on the Falcons forum that they were talking about Harbaugh saying they were a team with a should beat and did. I like how he was honest lol. He usually doesn’t say that kind of stuff.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
Are you shitting me? DBs in tight coverage and breaking up passes is considered a drop now? Completely eliminating a solid run game by turning every run negative is a reason to downplay our performance? And the poor play calling happened once, they didn’t have a horrible game plan our defense just kicked the shit out of them.

What kind of broken ass fucked up perspective are you taking to say that completely annihilating their offense with our #1 defense is all on play calling and them giving up on the run?
The insults here are a bit unnecessary. I get it that you disagree but you don’t need to get like that. That’s the kind of stuff that’ll weaken your argument.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
One last thing I want to say about this game is that it’s extremely hard for a rookie starting his 3rd game to hit a WR as fast as Smokey in stride when they barely worked with each other over the offseason. Lamar’s passing is only going to get better and I can’t wait for him to have a full offseason with the starters under his belt. This kid has so much fire in him.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

The insults here are a bit unnecessary. I get it that you disagree but you don’t need to get like that. That’s the kind of stuff that’ll weaken your argument.

This

Tank

Hall of Famer

lol....alrighty then. Guessing you missed the drops and the strange play calling. carry on

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
lol....alrighty then. Guessing you missed the drops and the strange play calling. carry on
What drops? And no play calling was worse than our fade to Boyle and another first half of forcing lamar to throw it heavy.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer

It's not easy keeping cool with perpetual snarky comments since Joe stopped playing. Anything to undermine Ravens success with Lamar starting.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
What did I say to make you think that? As I said the D played great.
But you’re undermining it with things that never even happened. Yeah sarkisian sucks at times but they still field one of the most prolific offenses in the league, and their play calling was pretty standard stuff for them, and they weren’t dropping balls, our defense was breaking them up, they didn’t abandon the run out of stupidity they did it because our defense was dominant and they couldn’t run, and above all things, dropped passes and bad playcalling is what THE RAVENS overcame, not the falcons.

Tank

Hall of Famer
It's not easy keeping cool with perpetual snarky comments since Joe stopped playing. Anything to undermine Ravens success with Lamar starting.
You gotta be fucking kidding me! LMAO! This from the King of the “perpetual snarky comments”! Too funny!

Last edited: