• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Lamar, the Koch and the Matt Ryan

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Especially with Eric Berry. That’s my concern
Agreed. We still passed a lot this first half, and instead of picks it resulted in fumbles. The first wasn’t on him at all, the RB needed to see that defender and let off of it and let lamar pull it back cleanly, that was wide open for lamar if the RB plays that right. The other 2 were just inexcusable though, he’s gotta be more careful. Glad he didn’t throw a pick, it’s a start, so keep with that but this time don’t fumble.

I really do believe that if we can do that to the falcons offense we can do something close to that to the chiefs, our defense has to get their asses off the bus and ready to play though, they gotta be all in like they were today and not sluggish and flat.

Tank

Hall of Famer
Matt Ryan got his ass kicked consistently today, dbs had receivers locked down all day, that’s why he’s out there hanging em high. And no I do not recall flat out drops, I recall a few catches not being made in tight coverage but that’s not a drop, and what I do recall is physical db play and cracking receivers as soon as the ball arrives, and breaking up passes. These are all defensive efforts, not because the falcons offense is being shitty
Speaking of cracking receivers, the call on Marlon for helmet to helmet was total BS.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Speaking of cracking receivers, the call on Marlon for helmet to helmet was total BS.
Seriously. The rule needs to be looked at. He did the textbook thing, he went down for the midsection leading with his shoulders and his head up, Julio fucking fell headfirst into his shoulder.

Refs really need to start taking a look at the big screen before announcing the penalty, just see it through one more time, same with the Carr DPI because that was sanu hooking his collar and pulling him to the ground

Tru11

Practice Squad
Again, our D did play great, but the Falcons offense uncharacteristicly stilled played like pooh. Some of Ryan’s passes looked like poor punts and I think if you go back and look at it you’ll see bad drops, even one that went right through Julio’s hands. I think maybe the sparse crowd for what was a turning point game had to take some wind out of their sails. And the point remains that against better teams we’ll have to take advantage of the great defensive efforts while taking care of the ball and putting points on the board.

they played like pooh because the ravens defense played great and the ravens offense kept the ball our of their hands.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Interesting snap count numbers:

Willie Snead - 66
Chris Moore - 51
John Brown - 43
Michael Crabtree - 35

now crab was hobbled a bit apparently but the interesting thing here is that willie snead and moore both outsnapped john brown as well...
That is very interesting

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
  • Liked what I saw from Dixon and I think he made it through the game unscathed lol. I expect to see him get more carries, going forward.
  • Jackson probably had his worst passing game, but the WRs had a few really bad drops that would have extended drives. I guess some things never change...
  • I hope we keep Sizzle around because he's still playing well and he's our leader on defense. I definitely don't want to see him in any other uniform for his career.
  • Someone needs to beat Marty with a stick until he promises to use Hayden Hurst in the passing game.
  • The Steelers, Colts, and Bengals (yeah, they're out of it, but fuck 'em) all lost yesterday. I also made the playoffs in my money league. As the great Ice Cube would say, "It was a good day".

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
The Ravens absolutely punished Julio all game with physical contact at the beginning of his route

but if anyone wants to see just how cerebral CJ is and how much he offers to our defence watch this clip:

https://twitter.com/abukari/status/1069801709956947969
Wow...

I’ll change my tune on Mosley if he loses weight in the offseason. Sometimes I think “how much is smarts and lining guys up really worth?” And then I see shit like this and it reminds me... but I think the weight gain is slowing him down, leading to more injuries, which in turn slows him even more. I truly think if he sheds about 10 lbs he’ll be much quicker and healthier and if he’s injured again he won’t be so slow that he’s a liability

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Wow...

I’ll change my tune on Mosley if he loses weight in the offseason. Sometimes I think “how much is smarts and lining guys up really worth?” And then I see shit like this and it reminds me... but I think the weight gain is slowing him down, leading to more injuries, which in turn slows him even more. I truly think if he sheds about 10 lbs he’ll be much quicker and healthier and if he’s injured again he won’t be so slow that he’s a liability

i genuinely think until the bye he was never really recovered from the bengals injury
he just looked so much fresher and faster in the bengals game in week 11
he has always been a brilliant coverage linebacker dropping into zone and it's often unfair to be asking a LB to cover a move tight end especially when you put them in rough spots like our defence has often done because we ask so much of our LBs

I agree on the weightloss because its not like the extra weight is helping him punish RBs or beat more OL when he rushes/blitzes than previous years

but yeah it's clips like that which are the reason he's viewed so highly by literally everyone within the league and it's the reason he's gonna get paid as the top LB in the league this offseason and he's gonna deserve it (due to salary cap inflation)

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
Wow...

It’s great to see Mosley doing well again. I missed this guy. I think the weight gain had something to do with it because he’s looking better. I’m not sure if he’s lost weight but he looks better.
i genuinely think until the bye he was never really recovered from the bengals injury
he just looked so much fresher and faster in the bengals game in week 11
he has always been a brilliant coverage linebacker dropping into zone and it's often unfair to be asking a LB to cover a move tight end especially when you put them in rough spots like our defence has often done because we ask so much of our LBs

I agree on the weightloss because its not like the extra weight is helping him punish RBs or beat more OL when he rushes/blitzes than previous years

but yeah it's clips like that which are the reason he's viewed so highly by literally everyone within the league and it's the reason he's gonna get paid as the top LB in the league this offseason and he's gonna deserve it (due to salary cap inflation)
I don’t dislike Mosley but I don’t want to pay for a run first LB. If he returns to his previous form or better then I’m good with paying him. I just don’t think we need a run stuffing LB. He’s had issues with coverage beyond this year so that’s not new if we’re talking injury. If we’re talking weight then maybe.