• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: @Chiefs

Who will start on Sunday?

• Joe Flacco

Votes: 9 19.6%
  • Lamar Jackson

Votes: 37 80.4%

• Total voters

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
Arrowhead is a tough place to play, however they say “defense travels” and historically the Ravens defense has traveled well.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
History also shows us a rookie QB on the road in a playoff type game doesn't travel well just saying
I wouldn’t worry too much. Our rookie QB just beat a team that was in a must win situation to remain in the playoff hunt, in a city our team has never won a game in.

RavensFan419

Pro Bowler
I wouldn’t worry too much. Our rookie QB just beat a team that was in a must win situation to remain in the playoff hunt, in a city our team has never won a game in.
There were more ravens fans there than Falcons fans that wont be even close to the case tomorrow and the chiefs are a much better team than the Falcons right now... and let's not forget Lamar put the ball on the ground 3 times last Sunday that can not happen our D held the Falcons to 131 yards that also will not happen again this is a much different animal

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
There were more ravens fans there than Falcons fans that wont be even close to the case tomorrow and the chiefs are a much better team than the Falcons right now... and let's not forget Lamar put the ball on the ground 3 times last Sunday that can not happen our D held the Falcons to 131 yards that also will not happen again this is a much different animal
If you’re scared say you’re scared...lol.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
I'm worried about this game I hope I'm wrong I just dont see us getting this kinds of games done with a rookie under center history just doesn't show it for any team
I understand, but I still think we could win this one tomorrow. Remember, Tim Tebow beat the Steelers in the playoffs, so think positive brother.

There’s only one way this gets out of hand and that’s if we turn the ball over multiple times. That’s possible but if that happens I fail to see the wisdom in putting in an immobile QB on the mend in a lost cause when the D can pin its ears back.

In the past few weeks our offense has run the ball at will when our opponent knew damn well it was coming. I don’t see that changing. KC Rush D may be ranked slightly higher than our previous opponents but that stat is aided by the fact that teams have gotten into shoot outs (which is why your Pass D is dead last). We won’t fall into that trap. We’re going to grind this game to a crawl.

I'm with you in both points here.
If we're forced to throw and Joe's in we have 0 chance to escape the outside pressure of Ford and Houston. The only way he has to save his ass is to dump it off to a RB as quick as pissible and won't bring us anywhere.

Btw just watched KC divisional game with DEN and their run D was putrid back then.
Lots of TE pulls and zone stretch runs that converted easy 1st and 10s. Not worried at all about our Offensive gameplan. More about execution and eventual turnovers.
Stats are also generally deflated as they seem to have "allowed" Pit to sth like 30 yards but those ugly sheet bumblebees had fallen behind by 21 in the 1st QR and had to rely entirely on passing.
We'll definitely have to keep Mahomes in the pocket though, and that's exactly one of those situations where having a Josh Allen, Polite, or Brian Burns at DE would be almost useless imo, and the reason they should not be as highly coveted as they are. We absolutely have to maintain the assignments.

Last edited:

PedroRhormes

Practice Squad
I woke up with a great feeling today. I'm predicting a 250+ passing yards, 80 rushing yards, 2 touchdown throwing, one running, and one interception for Lamar.

PedroRhormes

Practice Squad
The key to this game is run the damn football. Interesting matchups on defense with Mosley vs. Kelce and Lock down Humphrey vs. Hill. We got so lucky that Hunt got cut before our match

He should. He's our best cover linebacker on roster. I don't trust Peanut or Young against him.
i honestly prefer Mosley inside reading the handoffs and closing the gaps or staying put in the zone to take away some easy cross routes. He´s not a great man cover and his experience paired up with instinct could play a big role against their 1st level passing game.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
I would love a win today! I wouldn’t mind getting a little help with some other teams losing today. I would love to come out today feeling as good as I did last Sunday. It was a good feeling.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
He should. He's our best cover linebacker on roster. I don't trust Peanut or Young against him.
Mosley is a very bad cover LB.

You can’t put a guy who athletically has no chance to run with the best TE in the league, over a young and athletic and explosive guy with good feel for coverage.

Mosley is a zone dropper, he doesn’t run with TEs because he gets toasted every time.

Aside from that, wink needs to not blitz Mosley in the A gap every goddamn third down, bumping crossers is much more effective and Mosley really hurt the falcons by dropping and bumping crossers. If kelce or hill is hitting a slant/drag/seam, let Mosley go rock the shit out of them every chance he gets

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
i honestly prefer Mosley inside reading the handoffs and closing the gaps or staying put in the zone to take away some easy cross routes. He´s not a great man cover and his experience paired up with instinct could play a big role against their 1st level passing game.
I hope we see the dime a lot. I'd like to see Smith, Carr or Humphrey on Kelce to take away the fast dev. routes. Make Conley and other WR beat you.