• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Missed Tackles, the Injuries and the Special Teams

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
While today wasn’t a good game, don’t do a 180 on the energy from the last several weeks. This team is still really good and a contender. A poor loss today doesn’t change that. Still a game we shouldn’t have lost but it is far from doom and gloom.
Idk. Depends on your goals. If it is to win a playoff game then I agree. If it is to win the Superbowl I disagree.

Winning the whole thing is not something you stumble your way to. You have to have that identity as a team and this team is unbelievably soft.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Way, way, WAYYY too many mistakes. Shameful and embarrassing to see this defense get PUNKED at the LOS throughout the entirety of the game. Same goes for our OL. Ain't that some shit? We lose when we lose at the LOS on both sides? Amazing.

Soon as Keaton dropped that TD and Lamar overthrew a surefire TD to Zay, I knew we were in trouble.
And when they blocked Tucker's FG attempt, I knew we were finished but was hoping for a "W" anyway.

Simba

Staff Member
Idk. Depends on your goals. If it is to win a playoff game then I agree. If it is to win the Superbowl I disagree.

Winning the whole thing is not something you stumble your way to. You have to have that identity as a team and this team is unbelievably soft.
This game was not a SB or bust type of deal. Yeah we dropped it but it’s not like we played our best and dropped it. We know we can do a hell of a lot better.

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler
We keep seeing the same mistakes year in, year out with Harbaugh. Outcoached by mediocre and rookie coaches. He puts players in dog houses and we never see them again. Harbaugh needs to go...

Here we go again. Blaming Harbs likes he's missing tackles.

Look at the talent tomlin is working with and 6-3, harbs is 7-3
While I don't bring it up every week - or even respond to it, when I do I prefer a Dos Equis while doing so... ;)

We have been a marginal team under John's rule. I think the players have responsibility, but when you're sending a message to a team, you don't fire all the players that had bad plays, you fire the leader that didn't minimize them. This is nothing new. They've been a sloppy team for a long time and I don't know the answer. JH should have been shown the door when Joe Flacco was.

While I don't bring it up every week - or even respond to it, when I do I prefer a Dos Equis while doing so... ;)

We have been a marginal team under John's rule. I think the players have responsibility, but when you're sending a message to a team, you don't fire all the players that had bad plays, you fire the leader that didn't minimize them. This is nothing new. They've been a sloppy team for a long time and I don't know the answer. JH should have been shown the door when Joe Flacco was.

If we miss the playoffs this year then he definitely needs to be on the hot seat starting next season.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
This game was not a SB or bust type of deal. Yeah we dropped it but it’s not like we played our best and dropped it. We know we can do a hell of a lot better.
Very true. But outside of 2 games, we have not played even close to our best. And best doesn't mean 40 point offenses and defensive shutouts.

I'm not trying to be annoying but this team does not have it. It's the little things. The not being able to ever overcome a false start. The fumbles and stupid interceptions.The dropped passes. STs being consistently horrible. Giving the game away 1/3 of the time.

If you're going to consistently play not up to your capabilities and give the game away a huge percentage of the time, you're not capable of winning a SB. I think the biggest saving grace for this team is the NFL has just an unbelievable amount of parity.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Deshaun was 14/14 in the second half. Unacceptable, did Marlon not play the whole second half? Like Tua did last year, Deshaun benefitted from no Marlon which also prompted a comeback loss.

Simba

Staff Member
Very true. But outside of 2 games, we have not played even close to our best. And best doesn't mean 40 point offenses and defensive shutouts.

I'm not trying to be annoying but this team does not have it. It's the little things. The not being able to ever overcome a false start. The fumbles and stupid interceptions.The dropped passes. STs being consistently horrible. Giving the game away 1/3 of the time.

If you're going to consistently play not up to your capabilities and give the game away a huge percentage of the time, you're not capable of winning a SB. I think the biggest saving grace for this team is the NFL has just an unbelievable amount of parity.
But what tune were you singing the last couple of weeks or so? Don’t forget what the team is capable of. I get it’s frustrating to see them drop one like this but it’s not the end of the world. Every single team out there is going to have down weeks no matter how good they are.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Maybe the division is just that good. Steelers included …also why the do the Browns always seem to find their offense in Baltimore.

GodIsGreat

Veteran
I see folks comparing this team to 2019 and its just like that , this team looks dominant with a lead but when it gets close

RavenRockaRolla

Practice Squad
It was all cherries and chocolate early. It was dominating. It was surreal joy. Then the Lamar Jackson that was not extended yet showed up and missed some throws. Then the injuries started to add up. Then Lamar Jackson did the Thing. Then it was over. Thats a pretty good summary.

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
Not that we required a demonstration to get the point, but this is exactly why I want to avoid the AFCN, no matter who it is, in the fucking playoffs. Bullshit games

redrum52

Hall of Famer

There's no SB team I can think of without a bad loss and this is no where near as bad as the other 2 losses. If the team doesn't respond on Thursday then I'll be concerned. It's late and the team hasn't a had a break yet.

Michael M.

Pro Bowler
Hard to have confidence in this team. I think they lose to Pitt again and may make playoffs as a wild card, again