• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Missed Tackles, the Injuries and the Special Teams

QtR Nevermore

Pro Bowler
wasn't simpson cut from the raiders?
He was but he's improved in Baltimore. He's been solid.

There's an O line shortage around the league. D lines everywhere have the upper hand.

Our O line has been well above average this season so we can't really complain too much.

I’d blame him or Monken for not using Mitchell more after it was clear he was making a difference
Clearly they are limiting his snaps and working him into the offense slowly, but I wish they would accelerate that a bit. I mean they didn’t even give him a chance to redeem himself for the dropped pass in the EZ.

This won't stop till Harbaugh leaves. Can't believe some people don't see it but he's the issue and been the issue

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Right now I would rather sign younger players like Queen and Madibuike to extensions than Stanley and Humphrey.

Not sure what the contract situations are with Stanley and Humphrey. Maybe someone can post it here.
Marlon's a high end player who hasn't historically had injury issues, so not sure what the objective would be in getting rid of him.
Regardless, he's locked into a roster spot in '24 and can't envision much of a scenario where he's not a Raven for at least two more years after this one.

Stanley's situation is wide open. I think moving off of him before the draft would be a mistake, but it does come with nearly $9M in cap savings. That number goes to $15M if it happens after June 1. So I think, realistically, he's on the roster next year until we at least see what happens in the draft.

I do wonder if paycut is an option, however. He's due $15M in salary and roster bonuses, and a cap hit of just over $26M. I would imagine they'll need to figure out a way to reduce that # one way or another.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Sleep didn’t help. Still annoyed as shit over this one

JAAM

Hall of Famer

GodIsGreat

Veteran
Our O line has been well above average
O line only looks good due to lamar pretty sure , except linerbaum, stanley is inconsistent, and it really showed during the browns

We got a very good lineman in linderbaum, and morgan is solid also but thats about it

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
They mauled us in the run game. We did well getting pressure on Watson. He was just exceptionally good at extending plays. Better than Lamar was.
Lamar was horrendous at that yesterday. To be honest, it is getting quite difficult for me to say that he's clutch under pressure.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Lamar was horrendous at that yesterday. To be honest, it is getting quite difficult for me to say that he's clutch under pressure.
I'll go back and watch film, but I think its a combo of two things:
a) Lamar somewhat refused to run a lot in this game. I'm not certain why.
b) Browns definitely changed up what they did with their pass rush. Maintained really good lane integrity. Pretty much compressed Lamar in the pocket all day, which is great work.

QtR Nevermore

Pro Bowler
O line only looks good due to lamar pretty sure , except linerbaum, stanley is inconsistent, and it really showed during the browns

We got a very good lineman in linderbaum, and morgan is solid also but thats about it
Lamar is definitely a factor in that, but you can say the same about so many QBs now, to some extent. QB mobility is so normal it's probably time we switched to blaming the statues for making their lines look worse.

Moses has been really good all season, Zeitler's right back to playing like Zeitler, Linderbaum's great, Simpson's been average and even Ronnie's been pretty solid a lot of the time. Add in Mekari as a pretty good back up and there's a lot of teams would love to have our O line.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
That's a thing that happened and has been happening for a few years now. I hate it, but is there a football reason behind it?

The common thread in this season's losses seems to be really strong D lines getting more dominant against our O line as the game has gone on. Buckner, Watt and Garrett & co shut down our scoring as we slowly got pulled back.

Yesterday, Monken seemed to call a really optimistic game in the 2nd half. He seemed to think the Gus power run would start working again and kept returning to it for 2 yard carries. He seemed to think the O line was going to start holding up again and called a lot of drop back fairly slow developing passes.

He tried to impose our will on the Browns rather than adapting to them blowing everything up. That was a mistake in hindsight. Where was the quick game we saw so much of earlier in the season? Where were the runs to the outside with Mitchell or Hill?

The reason I'm not too pessimistic is that Monken might not have changed course in-game to get the offense going, but he's been pretty good at changing the plan from week to week.

I'm hopeful we'll face the next dominant D Line with a better plan.
The Ravens are their own worst enemies in games such as these losses to the Colts, Steelers, and the Browns. They were up, dominating, or leading in all three of those games, and then took their foot off the gas near the end in all three of those games which gave them the same result in all three of those games: an "L". Insanity is doing the same thing, the same way and expecting different results.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Lamar is definitely a factor in that, but you can say the same about so many QBs now, to some extent. QB mobility is so normal it's probably time we switched to blaming the statues for making their lines look worse.

Moses has been really good all season, Zeitler's right back to playing like Zeitler, Linderbaum's great, Simpson's been average and even Ronnie's been pretty solid a lot of the time. Add in Mekari as a pretty good back up and there's a lot of teams would love to have our O line.
The Oline doesn't concern me on a week-to-week basis. It concerns me against better defensive fronts.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'll go back and watch film, but I think its a combo of two things:
a) Lamar somewhat refused to run a lot in this game. I'm not certain why.
b) Browns definitely changed up what they did with their pass rush. Maintained really good lane integrity. Pretty much compressed Lamar in the pocket all day, which is great work.
Definitely agree with you. I was so pissed and baffled by Lamar's decision to hold on to the ball for far too long taking sacks and his refusal to take off and run when he had the opportunity. :brickwall: I was like: