• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Good, the Bad and the Injuries - Bengals Edition

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
Reality begs to differ. Unless your argument is right now when Burrow literally cannot grip a football. If your argument is when both are healthy and at their best well just about every GM, coach, and scout would take Burrow, and it would not be close. So maybe you are smarter than everyone else but I rather doubt it.
Our boy on his way to possibly a second MVP, is 4-1 against Burrow and you still have to act like it’s not even close in Burrow’s favor.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
I don't think I've seen a single troll call Lamar a "washed thug." But idiots be idiots though.
Oh trust me, I’ve seen it lol. Mainly on Reddit and a little bit of YouTube

JAAM

Hall of Famer
It came from Reddit which can get overly woke, the idea was there but washed thug kills the credibility
Reddit is unbearable sometimes

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
I’m plagiarizing this from RSR, but I swear the Bengal players are notorious for nonstop trash talking even when they lose:

Yesterday, Germaine Pratt responded to a Skip Bayless tweet:

Bayless: Lamar Jackson now has weapons he never had before. He's a flat out stud. Odell is looking like Odell.

Pratt: Yeah only looked good bc 9 got hurt

Queen to Pratt: Y’all still got cooked on defense
emoji23.png

Pratt back to Queen: Yeah you were happy 9 went down they were attacking you. Good shit.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Our boy on his way to possibly a second MVP, is 4-1 against Burrow and you still have to act like it’s not even close in Burrow’s favor.
I said after the Seattle game that we were 4-1 vs Burrow in premonition of this game.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Burrow is more accurate on deep throws but thats it. Overall, i think Lamar is better.
1) Mahomes
2)Lamar
3)Burrow
4) ? Hurts?
are they more accurate due to their weapons though? I'd say Mahomes is definitely not as accurate since he lost Hill and Hurts is much better since getting AJ Brown. It makes a huge difference.

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
are they more accurate due to their weapons though? I'd say Mahomes is definitely not as accurate since he lost Hill and Hurts is much better since getting AJ Brown. It makes a huge difference.
Once the Browns sign Flacco he’s #4…

But you’re right the WRs make a difference, we even saw that the year with Desean Jackson and how he tracked down a deep ball no one else on the team would have. I’m worried the shitty Zac Taylor Bengals will lose out and get Marvin Harrison or Brock. We’ll never see Burrow without weapons

GodIsGreat

Veteran
if the ravens are the #1 or #2 seed in the afc I don't see how lamar isn't the mvp losing his top target, rb1, and ronnie probably out might not have the stats, but toughest or 2nd toughest remaining schedule sure valuable to his team

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Once the Browns sign Flacco he’s #4…

But you’re right the WRs make a difference, we even saw that the year with Desean Jackson and how he tracked down a deep ball no one else on the team would have. I’m worried the shitty Zac Taylor Bengals will lose out and get Marvin Harrison or Brock. We’ll never see Burrow without weapons
they have won too many games to get Marvin Harrison without trading the farm. That being said, I'd like to see them win 3 or 4 games to close out the season

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
Because it isnt and Lamar is not close his 2nd MVP so basically everything you said was wrong. If the season ended today he probably places 3rd in voting which is not bad but certainly not "on his way to a 2nd MVP". The MVP is going to be Hurts or Mahomes barring a massive surge from one of the 2nd tier candidates. In 2019 Lamar had several measurables (4th highest QBR ever for a season, leading league in TDs,e tc.), the team was the best record in the NFL, and he had many a wow play to capture voters which helped with the story. None of that is true this year. In order to be MVP Lamar has to reach the 1 seed, put up significantly better numbers than he has so far (I think he has played great but you need some stats to say you are MVP), and Hurts/Mahomes need to fall off without any of the other 2nd tier candidates having a dominant 2nd half... so unlikely.

Meanwhile that "QBs are x-x against each other" is such a silly number. It is a dumber version of the non existent QB wins stat that know nothing football fans to sell you because at least with the "QB wins" stat you can argue the QB is a significant part of the win but the QB vs QB thing is silly because they never set on the field at the same time, save for maybe the coin flip. It was dumb when they tried to argue Lamar could not beat Mahomes. It was dumb when they tried to argue that Burrow could beat Mahomes. It is just a dumb way to argue who is the better QB.

So yes just about every GM/scout/coach will have Burrow ahead of Lamar when that list comes out next year. I can pretty much guarantee the top will be Mahomes, Hurts, and Burrow. I would not also not be shocked if Stroud quickly sneaks into the top 5 if he keeps this up just because of how insane his year has been (he is on pace for 5000 yards 30 TDs and 4 INTs throwing to nothing).

GodIsGreat

Veteran
2nd half... so unlikely.
Isn't lamar 2nd in mvp odds? though I agree he probably won't win it this year, many of those gus td could've been use to statpad but also he has a lot of primetime games so its still possible to win it without having the mvp statistical output