• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2024 WR Thread

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Body catches too much for me as well.

I do really like AD Mitchell tho. Big body (6’2-3), loose hips, good speed, and a good route runner. Shades of Bateman a little. Although I like Bate more coming out.

I would really like to add another WR early. I don’t want to go into the season with only Zay, Bate and Nelson

ive got 16 guys right now that id happily take in the first 2 days and a couple more who are on the boundary (could jump into the backend of day 2 with good combines)

there's gonna be lots of options

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I'm not convinced there are even 2 1st RD WRs in this class. I'm sure that sounds crazy

not only are there more than 2 1st RD WRs, theres 3 top 10 grades lol

the 3 best players in the class might all be WRs lol

the only other RD 1 grade lock at WR i've got is brian thomas jr

that late 1st/early-mid 2nd round cluster of grades at WR is loaded but you're right that i think that maybe they arent first round types (right now) but some of them will certainly get picked in the 1st round

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
not only are there more than 2 1st RD WRs, theres 3 top 10 grades lol

the 3 best players in the class might all be WRs lol

the only other RD 1 grade lock at WR i've got is brian thomas jr

that late 1st/early-mid 2nd round cluster of grades at WR is loaded but you're right that i think that maybe they arent first round types (right now) but some of them will certainly get picked in the 1st round
That's what I'm saying. I'm not trying to imply only 2 will get picked in RD1. But I see this as a deep class and not a top heavy one.

Right now I probably see it as

MHJ (5-10)
Nabers (10-15)
BTJ (15-20)
Xavier Legette (33-40)
Troy Franklin (33-40)

As my top 5.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
That's what I'm saying. I'm not trying to imply only 2 will get picked in RD1. But I see this as a deep class and not a top heavy one.

MHJ (5-10)
Nabers (10-15)
BTJ (15-20)
Xavier Legette (33-40)
Troy Franklin (33-40)

As my top 5.

where's odunze?

this class has 3 legit top 10 type guys - nabers and odunze would both be number 1 guys in most classes...
since 2012, i reckon only Sammy Watkins, Amari Cooper, Ja'marr Chase and Jaylen Waddle probably had higher grades than Nabers and Odunze would be up there too

in terms of grades:

MHJ and Nabers (top 5 grades, likely go top 10)
Odunze (top 10 grade, likely goes top 10)
BTJ (1st round grade, likely goes top 20)

and then ive got a bunch of guys that im waiting on testing to see if any slip into the late 1st round - Adonai Mitchell is my favourite of the chasing pack right now but i imagine franklin and some others will become "risers" when they blow the combine out of the water

Simba

Staff Member

MHJ (5-10)
Nabers (10-15)
BTJ (15-20)
Xavier Legette (33-40)
Troy Franklin (33-40)

As my top 5.
Odunze behind Leggette and Franklin is wild my guy lol

rossihunter2

Staff Member
@rossihunter2 @Simba

I legit forgot Odunze. He should be number number 4 for me. I do not see him as a top 10 guy. Even though again, I could absolutely see it happening. May even be probable.

why dont you see him as a top 10 type guy?

big, athletic, fluid with loose hips, body control, ball-tracking... and his biggest weakness in 2022, he dramatically improved in 2023 with his ability to win through contact on 50-50 type balls... like what more do you want out of a WR?

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I haven't seen anything from him. Can Worthy can play or is he just a track guy?

he's not just a track guy at all
he's been taking over games since his freshman year at texas

certainly not a complete guy - not aggressive or physical at the catch-point, didnt get to run a full route tree at texas
he's not going to win vs press much but he's not going to be drafted to be an x receiver so any team that does is wasting him - he's an obvious z/slot guy who you can scheme touches for, because he doesnt need a runway to house things, he makes his own space and can break tackles (he's not like hollywood in that respect, who i think he shares some similarities to coming out)

think with 4.21, a team probably takes a risk in the top 32 picks - he was someone i was hoping we'd have a chance at with pick 62 but we've got no chance now lol

he was a 2nd round guy before he ran a track time, he's still probably a 2nd round type guy just because he doesnt offer you x receiver qualities, he's a bit thin and not strong when challenged at the catch-point