• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Lamar, The Injuries again And The PLAYOFFS BABY!

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
It’s always the injuries that screw us every year. We are a damn good team, screwed by injuries. It sucks! Glad to lock up a playoff spot tonight.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
As for this game, 2nd game in a row where we win an ugly one. Offensively, just........ugh. But the running game came to PLAY. Likely is growing before our eyes with that amazing catch. Kolar had a nice catch too. WRs didn't do as much other from Bate here and there. OL will get Lamar killed against SF if they play like that bullshit tonight.

Defensively played better in the 2nd half other from that busted coverage. JAX left AT LEAST 12 points on the board in the first half. But whatever, feels good to be on the receiving end of the opposing team leaving points on the board. Also, @UPennChem , looks like the run D tightened up tonight. Only allowed 75 yards rushing. If nothing else, that's a confidence booster.
If you put points "on" the board by scoring; how can you "leave" points on the board if you don't score?

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator
I'd probably prefer to have lost the game and have had Mitchell healthy. I'm obviously happy about the win. But I cannot overstate what he provides to the offense. One of the absolute few RBs to be productive within the first few touches. He's been invaluable for keeping us within the groove and away from three-and-outs. Devastating loss.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I'd probably prefer to have lost the game and have had Mitchell healthy. I'm obviously happy about the win. But I cannot overstate what he provides to the offense. One of the absolute few RBs to be productive within the first few touches. He's been invaluable for keeping us within the groove and away from three-and-outs. Devastating loss.
Other than Lamar, I don't think we could have lost more important player on offense at this point in the season.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
I wonder if there is a way we can clinch the Division before Monday Night, like say if Cleveland loses to the Texans on Sunday then we potentially could lock it up before we even play.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Couple of random things that came to my mind

1. We kinda dodged the bullet with JAX missing Kirk. Whole different game with him.
2. Big props to Harbaugh to punt on what would have been a 56y FG in that wind. Could have easily turned the tide and lose us the game cause there was a big chance Tucker misses that one.
3. We need to start drafting and signing some O linemen that don't necessarily look like small houses and instead find strong dudes that can move.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Positives
1) The team found a way to close out another not 2) blow out win.
3) Rashod Bateman stepped up when others did not.
4) Likely is for real.
5) The rush defense was able to tighten when we saw they were going to gash us like the Rams did in the 1st quarter.
6) Lamar is the second best QB in football.

Negatives
1) Keaton Mitchell is a tremendous loss and that's not hyperbole.
2) Ronnie Stanley and Morgan Moses when injured (they both are) are dogshit.
3) There is not a sight of offensive consistency in any aspect or from any player.
4) On the occasions were Lamar is getting damn near double digit seconds of protection receivers are not open.
5) STs is all around dogshit.
6) Defense is supposed to be bend but don't break, but if you look at the last few weeks outside of flukey shit is just bend then break. Think of the Rams game as being the usuaul outcome and the Chargers and Jags should've been like that for not some kinda wild stuff.