• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: @ 49ers

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Everything I see is a win and Browns loss clinches the AFC North for us next Monday Night. Obviously a Browns loss depends on the status of CJ Stroud but yeah a win over the best NFC Team too? It be something if we not only won but also managed to clinch the division thanks to Houston beating Cleveland.
that is correct. We just can't clinch prior to our game on MNF

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Our team needs this game imo. Not a win necessarily at all but this game. We've played such a cupcake schedule the whole year and if we weren't complete self destructors early in the season we'd be undefeated without really have ever even been challenged. In a year where the NFL has been weak entirely across the board and a race to the middle, we've additionally been fortune to face a ton of backup QBs.

This game should be because the 49ers will be healthy, the first opportunity for us to show our stuff on both sides of the ball against what the actual class of the NFL looks like. Either we'll rise to the top (doesn't even have to be a win) or we'll get totally exposed as team with a record better than it ordinarily would be.

Sucks that we have to do it without JK, Mark, Keaton, Bowser, Duv, and Ojabo.

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
I really am struggling to see anyway that they d line doesn’t destroy us. I feel our passblocking is one that does amazing against meh teams but gets absolutely wrecked on anytime we face an elite rusher like Myles tj or bosa. Patrick is adaquate and quick enough to slow down most speed or hybrid guys, but bosas bullrush will give us fits all night.

We hear all this talk about Ronnie needing to be healthy but he clearly can’t be. Rest him for 2 weeks or something because what he did against the jags is going to get Lamar killed

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
On the other side I’m scared we’re going to see a lot of long tds for the niners so holding them to around 30 is the most realistic and best chance to win. Pass rush won’t matter with Purdys quick passes so let’s see how this linebacker corer can do. I think we see a lot of run heavy defensive sets, maybe Kyle can shadow Kittle. I feel good about marlon on deebo for some reason but he won’t be able to follow as those damn niners are always in motion. Biggest test for this defense all year fs

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
Our team needs this game imo. Not a win necessarily at all but this game. We've played such a cupcake schedule the whole year and if we weren't complete self destructors early in the season we'd be undefeated without really have ever even been challenged. In a year where the NFL has been weak entirely across the board and a race to the middle, we've additionally been fortune to face a ton of backup QBs.

This game should be because the 49ers will be healthy, the first opportunity for us to show our stuff on both sides of the ball against what the actual class of the NFL looks like. Either we'll rise to the top (doesn't even have to be a win) or we'll get totally exposed as team with a record better than it ordinarily would be.

Not to mention if we lose this game then the next 2 are must wins and we play Miami on a short week coming back from the west coast. Not ideal.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
I’m glad folks here are starting to see how fucking delusional and cocky that fanbase is. I live an hour and a half away from SF- trust me, I know

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Im not disagreeing.. i dnt care about mvp at all but if purdy wins mvp, i dnt think anyone can say that he doesnt deserve it. Niners are really dismantling teams just like we were doing in 2019..
agree, but if this wasn't a "qb" award someone like CMC or Tyreek Hill or even Myles Garrett would win

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor

Cupcake schedule? We’ve had two games against losing teams

JHR2022

Practice Squad
Just a thought;
The Miami and Pissburgh games mean far more than this game. Why not rest a few players? Don’t get caught up in all the hype. No need to risk further injuries. We can take them down when it really counts.

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
I’m glad folks here are starting to see how fucking delusional and cocky that fanbase is. I live an hour and a half away from SF- trust me, I know
I live in south ca again after being in college for 4 years so I’m with you lol. I hate warriors fans the most out of any sport, all tech guys in quarter zips who love to poke fun but threaten law suits and dads Facebook stock money if you talk back. Most of the worst people I’ve ever met are from that area

Simba

Staff Member
I really am struggling to see anyway that they d line doesn’t destroy us. I feel our passblocking is one that does amazing against meh teams but gets absolutely wrecked on anytime we face an elite rusher like Myles tj or bosa. Patrick is adaquate and quick enough to slow down most speed or hybrid guys, but bosas bullrush will give us fits all night.

We hear all this talk about Ronnie needing to be healthy but he clearly can’t be. Rest him for 2 weeks or something because what he did against the jags is going to get Lamar killed
It's a tough one. Interior of the line (even Simpson) has been pretty damn good overall. The unhealthy Ts are just not getting it done for us right now. Feel a lot more confident in Moses than I do Stanley right now, which is concerning.

Simba

Staff Member
Just a thought;
The Miami and Pissburgh games mean far more than this game. Why not rest a few players? Don’t get caught up in all the hype. No need to risk further injuries. We can take them down when it really counts.
Not a chance in hell. Can't just count on winning the last 2 games. The division is still very much at stake too.

Baltimorican

Practice Squad
National media and 9ers fans have every right to think Ravens don't stand a chance. I for one am EXTREMELY interested in watching this back 7 cover and tackle Deebo/CMC & co. If there is a team in the NFl built to stop them, it's us. I can't think of single player I'd rather matchup on Deebo than Hamilton. I can't think of a LB duo more suited to cover Kittle and CMC than Ro & Queen. Stephens and Hump also match up well on Aiyuk. Throw in Mcdonald is going to make Purdy hold the ball an extra second. Yes, I absolutely believe this is the one and only D that can hold those guys at full strength under 24 pts. Our tackles is the problem IMHo, pls god keep Lamar safe.

I got 49ers 23-20 and only because their at home.