• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2024 Baltimore Orioles

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler
Most runs scored in MLB... Heard that during Sunday's game. A little shocked, mainly because the Brewers double-digit-ed us twice. But after a bit of a slump after mashing in the first series, it seems like we're coming out of it.

Tank

Hall of Famer
Another walk off, this time Ced. Ain’t the beer cold!

Suarez looked great. It would be a welcomed surprise if he can pitch like that consistently.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
AL East looking tough this year... again. Toughest Division in Baseball but we can do it again, just I really want to stay away from first round byes forever now, in Football and Baseball lol.

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler
AL East looking tough this year... again. Toughest Division in Baseball but we can do it again, just I really want to stay away from first round byes forever now, in Football and Baseball lol.
Indeed. I'd love to sweep the Royals as a small measure of exorcising KC from my memory. ;)

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler
They're good again, so we'll probably be in for a fight
Sure enough. An interesting fact with KC I heard on the broadcast yesterday is that they have 14 new players on the 40 man roster that were acquired thru trades and FA in the off-season. That's quite a big change. Worst to first with the change. Rubber game today...

Tank

Hall of Famer
At what point do they send Jackson back to Norfolk? If he continues to struggle, the longer it goes it only gets to be tougher on him to do so. To this point he’s pretty much been an automatic out.

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler
He didn't play yesterday. He was back in today and made a nice play or two at 2nd and a hard line-drive out to 2nd batting in the 6th? I don't know. You're right, he's basically an out, but I think they have to extend it a little longer. I think he goes down, but maybe not before another home stand... especially if he continues to struggle at the plate. But I don't think we should be worrying about it too much. He'll get it straight, but it might take a trip to AAA to do it.

Tank

Hall of Famer
He didn't play yesterday. He was back in today and made a nice play or two at 2nd and a hard line-drive out to 2nd batting in the 6th? I don't know. You're right, he's basically an out, but I think they have to extend it a little longer. I think he goes down, but maybe not before another home stand... especially if he continues to struggle at the plate. But I don't think we should be worrying about it too much. He'll get it straight, but it might take a trip to AAA to do it.
Yeah, it’s by no means a negative at this point of his career. TBH I always thought it was a reach that he would be ready this soon.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
I think he'll get a few more weeks before getting a reset

52520Andrew

Pro Bowler
My thoughts on Holliday are that he isn't going to learn to hit major league pitching in AAA. Gotta let him take his lumps and learn from it. Had a hard hit ball today at least although it went right to the defender.

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler
My thoughts on Holliday are that he isn't going to learn to hit major league pitching in AAA. Gotta let him take his lumps and learn from it. Had a hard hit ball today at least although it went right to the defender.
I get that impression too about AAA pitching, but I think he's gonna have to at least make some other solid contact on the regular or it's hard to keep him penciled in daily. I think they want him playing everyday, but they can't really do that if he continues being an automatic out. And if they put him in a rotation, that limits his chances. He plays everyday in AAA and he's available if there's an issue or opportunity.

Tank

Hall of Famer

I get that impression too about AAA pitching, but I think he's gonna have to at least make some other solid contact on the regular or it's hard to keep him penciled in daily. I think they want him playing everyday, but they can't really do that if he continues being an automatic out. And if they put him in a rotation, that limits his chances. He plays everyday in AAA and he's available if there's an issue or opportunity.
The reset has worked out well for The Milkman, no reason to think the same wouldn’t work for Holliday.